Scheme of mesh avi creating

MrNero911

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i can instal 4dcinema, i can create a primitive polygon.

one time i created zippers  for using it in after effect composition.

I planned to study gradually ... and i have only experience work with adobe after effects

i know that body must have bones

Edited by MrNero911

These are the software-independent steps to follow:

1. Create the model (mesh, unwrap, texture, LODs)
  2. Import the official Second Life armature (bones/skeleton)
  3. Rig the model
  4. Export to .dae
  5. Upload model and textures to SL

If you are a beginner, as you clearly seem to be, trying to create a whole body as your first project is most likely going to be too complex for your skill level. Try smaller things, like a hand/glove. There's plenty of room for things to go wrong with just that.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

10 minutes ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Import the official Second Life armature (bones/skeleton)

where i can find official (bones\skeleton) ?

Rig the model

i think "rig" is some moving. so what moving need creating ??

1. Upload model and textures to SL

model - ok. and what about texture ? clothes ?

3 minutes ago, MrNero911 said:

where i can find official (bones\skeleton) ?

i think "rig" is some moving. so what moving need creating ??

model - ok. and what about texture ? clothes ?

Try googling "secondlife skeleton"

"Rig" or "rigging" means binding your model to the skeleton, so that when a bone moves, a part of the model moves with it.

Textures are created in a photo-editor, using the UV mapping as a template. Almost any modeling program should allow you to export the UV map as an image of the wireframe that you created. Clothes can be created exactly the same way as the body itself.

17 hours ago, MrNero911 said:

it like skin of body ?

Think of the surface of your model laid out like a sewing pattern or a pepakura project. All the surface unwrapped and laid flat. Then you do the puzzle to fit them as efficiently as possible into the frame of the texture image - the parts of the image inside the pattern pieces are what appears on your model. Making that pattern layout is what is meant by "UV unwrapping" the model.

• Like 2

No offence meant, but it looks like that making an avatar is way over your current skillset. The best way to learn is to begin with static objects, learn what it takes to texture them and import into SL, working to scale. Rigging is a way bigger beast to face.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I found in internet 3D model of girl .c4d file.

Also i found Skeleton.dae

1. Quote

Rig the model

it mean that i need to connect bones with part of mesh body ?

I saw the original movements of some characters in game, how do they make them?

a2c61-clip-264kb.jpg

1 hour ago, MrNero911 said:

it mean that i need to connect bones with part of mesh body ?

Yes

I saw the original movements of some characters in game, how do they make them?

Either recording an actor, or manual posing over time

I found in internet 3D model of girl .c4d file

This part might be not OK. Is that model licensed to be used on SL or similar? Is it for commercial purposes? Aside from being a task that goes beyond your current skills level, there are legal issues to consider. And a forum thread can't be a learning place, or just to ask the questions about step by step procedures needed to get to your expected result. I, for one, will stop replying to this thread posts. Please read my comment above yours and ask yourself a few questions. 

Edited by OptimoMaximo

10 hours ago, MrNero911 said:

i dont think so.

It-s not a classroom, and users aren-t here to explain every single basic detail for you to slowly progress under instructions. It's definitely a learning place, sure, but you have to have a basic understanding of processes first, then ask for clarifications/explanations and get to learn what it takes specifically for SL. Without a clue about what you're doing, it's just a monkey-see-monkey-do type of approach, that leads to unoptimized, roughly arranged assets thrown at the platform for a quick buck or something. So, again: 

On 8/5/2019 at 10:04 PM, OptimoMaximo said:

No offence meant, but it looks like that making an avatar is way over your current skillset. The best way to learn is to begin with static objects, learn what it takes to texture them and import into SL, working to scale. Rigging is a way bigger beast to face.

Edited by OptimoMaximo
  • Like 1

I, for one, will stop replying to this thread posts.

It-s not a classroom, and users aren-t here to explain every single basic detail for you to slowly progress under instructions. It's definitely a learning place, sure, but you have to have a basic understanding of processes first, then ask for clarifications/explanations and get to learn what it takes specifically for SL. Without a clue about what you're doing, it's just a monkey-see-monkey-do type of approach, that leads to unoptimized, roughly arranged assets thrown at the platform for a quick buck or something. So, again:

u still replying. u should be consistent

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MrNero911 said:

u still replying. u should be consistent

For some reason I get a feeling you're not completely happy about Optimo's replies here. :P

Unfortunately, although he may have been a bit blunt about it, he's absolutely right. What you're asking for here is essentially the 3D modelling equivalent of how to handle an F1 car before you've even taken your first driving lesson. That's a bit too much.

As for why he posted one more reply after he said he'd quit, he had one very important point to emphasize since you seem to have missed it the first time: uploading a model you haven't made yourself is a HUGE no-no on this forum. If you give the impression that's what you're up to, you can just forget about getting any practical help here. The fact that so many other "content creators" cheat that way doesn't mean you should and it certainly doesn't mean any of the forumites are willing to assist.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ChinRey said:

he had one very important point to emphasize since you seem to have missed it the first time

I'd say voluntarily ignored as that's what he's all about 🤣

4 hours ago, ChinRey said:

What you're asking for here is essentially the 3D modelling equivalent of how to handle an F1 car before you've even taken your first driving lesson. That's a bit too much

And this

1 minute ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Is there a whiff of Eau d'Troll here?

No, looks more like somebody who's been taken in by the advertising. Haven't we all heard how easy it is to become an SL content creator and make a ton of money?

Remember the essential reality check: if it's that easy, why aren't everybody doing it?

No, looks more like somebody who's been taken in by the advertising. Haven't we all heard how easy it is to become an SL content creator and make a ton of money?

aren't you ashamed to blame the person? u dont have any proof only  abnormal conjectures.

i found 3d model to practice connect it to bone. And only for practice. 

i politely listened OptimoMaximo when he wrote about "begin with static objects"

but then he started be rude and now he can't stop. so it looks like he try to trolling

so, for now  i will not answer to trolling. and thanks for all who helped and will helped with advice.

11 hours ago, ChinRey said:

As for why he posted one more reply after he said he'd quit, he had one very important point to emphasize since you seem to have missed it the first time: uploading a model you haven't made yourself is a HUGE no-no on this forum. If you give the impression that's what you're up to, you can just forget about getting any practical help here. The fact that so many other "content creators" cheat that way doesn't mean you should and it certainly doesn't mean any of the forumites are willing to assist.

That, and using blatently pirated software >_>.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1710 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.