Seeking ACTIVE Modeling Agencies

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've only found one or two in-world, and maybe that's all there really is these days... But thought I'd ask here just in case someone can point me in the right direction.

Anyone know of groups or places that offer models for short projects and photo shoots? I'd like to find  an agency that already have experienced people on "payroll"; hoping to avoid the recruitment and selection process myself and just use an agency to bring the talent to me! 😁

• Like 1

I haven't seen or heard of any lately. I don't see what purpose they'd fill either - most creators either use their own avatars (or alts) for product ads, or simply shoot their product in Daz3D. Most people involved in the photography/blogging scene just ask people whose work/avatars they enjoy if they want to do collaborative shots, or ask their friends to model for them.

Besides, most modeling agencies/schools I've heard of in the past have been ripoffs, trying to make money out of people desperate for the glamour they associate with it, or just been role play which didn't contain any actual photography or stuff.

I'm curious though, how come you think you should get to avoid the recruitment and selection processes. And posting in the inworld employment board, are you expecting to be paid for it?

There are still a few; I found them.

And let me ask you, what makes a modeling agency/school necessarily a ripoff? It's Second Life. Regardless of what it might be to you personally, it's still a *game* deeply rooted in *role play*. If someone wants to role play attending a modeling school or running a modeling school, isn't that their prerogative? I've participated in elementary schools at a kid avi, I've attended colleges as an adult avi. I've paid for them with L$/real money. Didn't learn a thing, so perhaps you might call those schools a ripoff too. But I had a great time doing it and so it was completely worth the L$ I paid.

And your last comment came off a little harsh. I was being sarcastic, tongue-in-cheek, saying that I was "hoping to avoid the recruitment and selection process myself". So sorry if it wasn't read that way... Point was, I was looking for models and wished to go through an agency who would help find the right model for the job using their existing list of people. I've never sought a model before, so I really have no clue what to look for and ask for. And of course they would be paid, not me. Seems pretty obvious to me that if you work with an agency to find talent, the agency/talent is paid!

I'm pretty new to these forums, but I am NOT new to Second Life. But I'll share something I've noticed quite a bit in a lot of these forum postings. It seems fairly common for certain people to respond to someone's post with a critical, judgmental response that's simply unhelpful, unnecessary and uncalled for, especially if the original post is submitted by a "newbie" to the forums. There also seems to be a specific few people that are quite active in the forums and participate this is behavior a lot, almost as if they see themselves as a voluntary moderator. 

As a "newbie" to the forums, I'd just like to say that this sort of thing SUCKS. If you don't have something useful to say, DON'T RESPOND. We don't need you critiquing our posts, questioning our motives or interest, and making it uncomfortable for us to use the forums. 

*mic drop*

• Like 3

Hello Pandoria,

I am the COO of a production and modeling agency. We organise fashion shows and shoots on behalf of clients and have a wide spectrum of models on our books. Most of our models are certified and have attended some form of training within SL and all have been veted by us before being taken on.

I am also a model in SL and have several years experience. I am unsure if my style of modeling is what you are looking for, but feel free to check out my resume and flickr page and perhaps I could help you out directly.

Resume:  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1FtEtwD8QBPH5kp9284pzjGsvCY0pDlRvfZdZyPgmCZg/edit?usp=sharing
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/people/fadfashiondesigns/

Alternatively if you are looking for more of a variety, I can put on my agency hat and I am sure we would be able to find you a model(s) to suit your needs. Can I ask that you contact me in-world either via IM or notecard and we can discuss your requirements further.

I look forward to hearing from you

Jude Tatham

On 8/11/2019 at 9:33 PM, PandoriaMoonshadow said:

[ ... ] what makes a modeling agency/school necessarily a ripoff?

On 8/6/2019 at 12:18 PM, Orwar said:

[ ... ] most modeling agencies/schools I've heard of in the past have been ripoffs [ ... ]

'Necessarily'? That's not what I said - try again!

it's still a *game* deeply rooted in *role play*

Second Life is not a game, it's a virtual world. It's not rooted in role play as much as being a social and creative platform. A lot of (perhaps 'most') people in Second Life do not role play, many even resent the idea. If you were looking for role play, though, then your thread should have been posted in the role play section, not the in-world employment.

If someone wants to role play attending a modeling school or running a modeling school, isn't that their prerogative?

Have I ever stated the contrary? No, I have not. I warned you that, in the past, a lot of people have had negative experiences with pretentious 'schools' offering tutelage in exchange for money - or even 'special favors'. If that's what you want, then knock yourself out - if that's not what you want, be critical of what you do find as to avoid fraud. I'm sorry for trying to be nice?

I've participated in elementary schools at a kid avi, I've attended colleges as an adult avi. I've paid for them with L$/real money. Didn't learn a thing, so perhaps you might call those schools a ripoff too. But I had a great time doing it and so it was completely worth the L$ I paid.

Any role play community which has expenditures, such as land fees or tiers, need some sort of revenue unless its owners or benefactors are willing and able to pay for it out of their own pockets; there's nothing weird with that. The only reason I brought it up is, there has been threads in the past on these forums, from people who have presented various 'certificates' and 'degrees' from modeling schools and expected that it would give them actual modeling positions. People being unable to keep role play and actual business apart is no good; and you've posted in the 'looking for work' board, not the 'role play' board.

And your last comment came off a little harsh. I was being sarcastic [ ... ]

You're projecting emotion onto a non-emotive text; I don't much care what tone of voice, expression or body language you perceive in the absence of such. I asked you a question, loaded only with the ammunition you yourself provided. Had I been <insert popular model reality show judge>, would you feel it a harsh question - or one attempting to prompt you to declare actual merits if such existed?

It seems fairly common for certain people to respond to someone's post with a critical, judgmental response that's simply unhelpful, unnecessary and uncalled for, especially if the original post is submitted by a "newbie" to the forums.

That is a category which you (and others) make. Categorising phenomena around us is natural, but sometimes it's unfortunate - I don't attack or troll people for funsies, nor do I wrap my queries with cotton candy. I perceived gaps in your original post and tried to get you to fill them so as to avoid having to project my own expectations. Because you are a newbie on the forums, I tried to warn you to be wary as the modeling scene in Second Life has many dark sides to it which one might not want to jump head-on into without scrutiny. It was meant as an act of kindness, but because of your projection of emotion, you turned it into cruelty - I can't take responsibility for your perception.

*mic drop*

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Orwar said:

I'm sorry for trying to be nice?

You didn't come off as "nice" at all, nor are you now. My point stills stands... I was asking for suggestions on modeling agencies to employ, not critique or reasons why I shouldn't be. I'm not here to start forums to discuss the pros and cons of SL role-play, companies, schools or anything else. I was asking a question. If you don't have an agency to recommend, MOVE ON.

tumblr_83c2c8b6d742c2e68cdfe3c7232b2976_9509cd1d_500.gif.7971f6c723a0219ade9c736c0191a2b3.gif

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2019 at 6:28 PM, PandoriaMoonshadow said:

I've only found one or two in-world, and maybe that's all there really is these days... But thought I'd ask here just in case someone can point me in the right direction.

Anyone know of groups or places that offer models for short projects and photo shoots? I'd like to find  an agency that already have experienced people on "payroll"; hoping to avoid the recruitment and selection process myself and just use an agency to bring the talent to me! 😁

keep us in mind; Avatar cafekan, We're working together with other agency to make everything happen. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.