Making two object's textures connected?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First time posting here, hopefully I make enough sense!

I couldn't find anything while googling and maybe I'm not using the right wording, but how would you make two objects have 'connected' textures?

I.e. if an applier is used on object A, the texture will also apply to object B. I've seen objects on the MP that do this (i.e. leg/arm extensions that will take appliers for the original), but don't know how to figure it out.

This is specifically about third party items for an avatar, say object A being the original avatar mesh, object B being an extension mesh that uses the same texture, and the applier would effect both of them despite having no association with either the creator of object A or B.

9 hours ago, asteriddle said:

This is specifically about third party items for an avatar, say object A being the original avatar mesh, object B being an extension mesh that uses the same texture, and the applier would effect both of them despite having no association with either the creator of object A or B.

It's easy to do if the objects are modifiable, you have access to the actual textures and you know a little bit of scripting.

I can't go into details here but a texture changer HUD script is actually very simple. The only thing it does, is send a message on a specific chat channel with the texture UUID and usually a few identifier bits of data. Any script in any object nearby can listen to that channel and act on the message.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.