Ok, so this is ridiculous

Cahtias

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, PrudenceAnton said:

To assume so much about Beth, when you've only posted 3 times, is totally of out touch on who she is or how much she cares about the Bellisseria community and the people who've come to enjoy what Linden Labs has created not for just premium members, but all Second Life residents to explore and enjoy.  We all understand well and sympathize with others that are struggling and frustrated in their repeated attempts to acquire a new Linden home and we all want to see each premium member get their homes and enjoy them like the rest who have been fortunate enough to have one now.

But berating how LL handles the delivery of these homes and how Patch Linden and his team of other Lindens and the Moles work, is often off the mark; not directing this at you.  Many don't seem to want to consider that a lot of the disenchantment rests on our own shoulders, if we came into the premium membership after the new Linden homes were announced and released in the first 2 large batches.  Buyer beware*. (*read above to my former post) And for long standing premium members, its also their responsibility to keep up to date on news Linden Labs puts out for them. Yes, we get it, we wish there was a faster way to get more homes out to those who are wanting them, and they are doing their finest and best to get a difficult and demanding job done.

Now, if you are berating Beth, because you are familiar with her posts on the forum, then which alt are you and why are you trolling on a new account?  She has every right to be giving her thoughts on the public forums, as each of us does.  She is also a vigilant defender of Patch and his Moles, and I don't blame her in that.  She doesn't need my help defending herself, she has true grit and is very capable of speaking for herself.  I'm directing this post to you, because we don't need another thread locked down by attacks. So let's be considerate and not accusing and attacking unjustly.  I'll end with wishing that you too, will soon have your own new Linden home.

ImpracticalImpoliteGallowaycow-size_restricted.gif.5f9e2bae1ba77e9cfcb5b08569c52c5c.gif

Thank you for saying that, Prudence. Beth rules! 👑

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

OH . MY . WORD. !!!  The last 5 previous post GIFS just cracking me up.  You ladies ROCK!!!!  Thank you all for the belly laughs.  Imma gonna go back to stalking the land page now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

What I don't understand is the persistent need for telling others they don't work,  don't have a job or are lazy because they've been able to attain a home while the ones who do not are forever at their job working long hours and so on. What a huge and rather rude assumption. Perhaps take a step back and realize Earth is a big planet and the community of SL consists of people from all over the world. Different time zones and different types of jobs. Some even do work from home. I work from home so it does happen. The need to belittle others in this manner is mind boggling to me just because they've been fortunate to get a home.

Beth even said she considered herself lucky to of gotten a home. She was humble and to the point. Plus she made me snarf on water when I read, "I, too, can terraform and theme a region in a matter of hours... minutes, even (it'd be crap, but whatever)." That was pure awesome sauce! 😂 There is a huge difference between being blunt and being rude. In fact, all over this section of the forums you will find continuous responses of how people feel so thankful they got a home. 

I also don't understand the need to constantly attack the Lindens and Moles who are doing a good thing for all of us. It is bringing Lindens, Moles and all of us together as a community. They are doing a wonderful job. They are reading and giving feedback. They are all doing their jobs the right way even through the persistent verbal bashing they get because some don't understand the concept of being patient. 

The entitled tone from some is what is truly ridiculous. You're wanting a home that will be part of a large community of people so maybe just try to realize we're all on the same side including the Lindens and Moles who are working as fast as they can on a huge project that is going to take time. Try making friends seems to be a logical thing to do since this is the case.

it isn't hard to be kind, to show a little patience and be a bit more positive. 

Edited by LyricalBookworm
Um, I don't know how I highlighted my whole post like that, but yay?
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, LyricalBookworm said:

Beth even said she considered herself lucky to of gotten a home. She was humble and to the point. Plus she made me snarf on water when I read, "I, too, can terraform and theme a region in a matter of hours... minutes, even (it'd be crap, but whatever)." That was pure awesome sauce! 😂 

You, too... get over here! Cuddle pile time! ❤️

tenor.gif.dd00a92270378f120ce382e4630a47d7.gif

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Edom Hindermann said:

wow,, you are desperate for attention  aren't you. Don't bother responding to this cause frankly my dear child I don't care. I mute people like you. Yes you have been putting people down read your own words. You wrote them 

I'm not really good at following orders from random strangers, so yes, I will respond. Thank you for calling me a child as well! I turn 50 in just over a month so, hey, I'll take the compliment!

I'm not desperate for attention, but I also don't back down when I'm confronted, and in case you need a reminder, you confronted me. If people think I'm being insulting by calling them out when they are behaving atrociously or being insulting and hateful, them I'm good with that. Perhaps you should read up on the Paradox of Tolerance. I'm not going to sit by and watch anything in this world, including these forums, be ruined by people who are full of animosity and hatred.

I also know you're reading this. You might mute me but you won't be able to resist seeing what I had to say...

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Edom Hindermann said:

wow,, you are desperate for attention  aren't you. Don't bother responding to this cause frankly my dear child I don't care. I mute people like you. Yes you have been putting people down read your own words. You wrote them 

Instead of trolling Beth, your time might be better spent hitting the F5 key if a new home is what you really want. Just saying.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 4
  • Haha 5

OK i am sticking my neck our but here goes ,,,,, is there a way to stop the posts of not getting a home MEEANING REDIRECTING  THEM PERHAPS   just redirecting them to support so that way they have an official  answer from the people at the labs. Patch had posted how this was being handled a while ago..... and we all understand the frustrations and we have all felt them  but this topic keeps turning into verbal and emotional blood baths and it breaks my heart to read  all the sniping . its like have constant pms  seriously ,,,, i know the frustrations but in life we learn to positively deal with frustrations ,,,, two  sayings ,,,, water will never boil if you keep watching it and  if the train did not stop at your station it was not the time for your train arrival . WE ARE ALL PART OF THE SECOND LIFE FAMILY  PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE BE KIND WITH EACH OTHER AND HUGS AND LOVE TO EVERY ONE  NOW INSTEAD OF A TIME OUT  YOU ALL WILL HAVE TO HUG EACH OTHER FOR THIRTY MINUTES AND TELL EACH OTHER ABOUT THE BEAUTIFUL QUALITIES YOU SEE IN EACH OTHER ,,,,, MY HANDS ON MY HIPS AND I AM NOW CHASING EVERYONE WITH THE HUGS ,,,, GIVING BETH HUGE BIG HUGGGGSSSSSS   AND NOW GOING TO  HUG EVERY ONE ELSE ,,,,, CHASING EVERY ONE

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Edom Hindermann said:

Please give me a thumbs down emoji?

I think I'm using my second "block" now 😒

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

Thank you for this post, Quartz. 

This is the first time I have seen anyone from  LL lay things out in this much detail. While actually setting up a waiting list would be not a big deal, perhaps integration with the current system of releasing homes would be. I appreciate the reassurance from a LL employee that these alternatives have been given serious consideration.

Search for posts by @Quartz Mole and @Abnor Mole and you'll actually see that same information, as well as other details/reasons, spelled out a number of times, stated multiple ways to help people understand why things are being done the way they are.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.