Ok, so this is ridiculous

Cahtias

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Indeed, I am saying that! Happy to tell you exactly how it happened, too! 

The date was April 15... I remember it well. I was working from home, had FB opened in another tab, got a notification from SL, and saw the homes were released. I stopped what I was doing and logged in, packed up and abandoned my old LH, went to the website, clicked a couple buttons, and BOOM, had a houseboat. Easy-peasy!

That is exactly how I did it. Switched the PC on and checked my FB account. Someone had posted the new LL homes release on Facebook. Logged in and got one straight away.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Armani223 said:

Well when you quote my comment, that’s what it looks like😊 jsis

I was referring to "you would probably be in the same ‘boat’ (excuse the pun 😂) as the rest of us and trying relentlessly every day to just get a chance at a home" where you were, you know, bringing up the ENTIRE GROUP of people waiting for a home. That's not the same as saying something about just you.

But sure, we can have it be about you if you prefer. :)

• Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I was referring to "you would probably be in the same ‘boat’ (excuse the pun 😂) as the rest of us and trying relentlessly every day to just get a chance at a home" where you were, you know, bringing up the ENTIRE GROUP of people waiting for a home. That's not the same as saying something about just you.

But sure, we can have it be about you if you prefer. :)

Lol rolls eyes! 

well what ever happens happens, I do believe that a waiting list is a better way to go then how they do it now.

I compare it with the waiting line on the phone when you call a company and they have some annoying music playing while you endlessly wait for some one to actually answer, or the same company with that same music but now every 20 seconds a computer voice tells you how many ahead of you.

I tend to stay on the line when I know how many are ahead of me, ill hang up if I only get the music.

On 8/2/2019 at 7:26 PM, Cahtias said:

If i post to 31000 other posts i wont get noticed,, Im trying to make a point... maybe LL will see, like they have seen all others,, Im sure they are not reading 31000 posts either. If you think this rollout is going well, then, you have a home.. for the other 31000 paying premium members,, we are frustrated and it should not be this way. I dont really need positive encouragement,, Linden Labs,, create the homes and create a fair method for us to get them,, thats all im saying. 

LL didn't make enough homes for all their members. It's just how it is. But we all have to pay for the increased cost of premium. Just look at it as paying extra for something you can't use, see ect ect. xD 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, BeefXL said:

well what ever happens happens, I do believe that a waiting list is a better way to go then how they do it now.

I compare it with the waiting line on the phone when you call a company and they have some annoying music playing while you endlessly wait for some one to actually answer, or the same company with that same music but now every 20 seconds a computer voice tells you how many ahead of you.

I tend to stay on the line when I know how many are ahead of me, ill hang up if I only get the music.

If we meet up in line, this will be me, Beef. 😁

littles-law-queue-south-park.gif.c1183c9368ad1b6187e91e34ba4d6480.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

14 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Indeed, I am saying that! Happy to tell you exactly how it happened, too! 

The date was April 15... I remember it well. I was working from home, had FB opened in another tab, got a notification from SL, and saw the homes were released. I stopped what I was doing and logged in, packed up and abandoned my old LH, went to the website, clicked a couple buttons, and BOOM, had a houseboat. Easy-peasy!

Some of us don't have the luxury to sit at home and play on FB saying we work at home. STOP putting everyone down who is struggling getting one of the new homes from LL. YOU Beth Macbain have no busy in this thread if you already have a home. All you are doing is rubbing it in everyone's face who doesn't have one. Your criticism is not needed. It just irritates people. So if you don't have something nice to say about ALL the people in SL, then just hush. 

• Haha 2

• Moles
On 8/3/2019 at 3:26 AM, Cahtias said:

If i post to 31000 other posts i wont get noticed,, Im trying to make a point... maybe LL will see, like they have seen all others,, Im sure they are not reading 31000 posts either. If you think this rollout is going well, then, you have a home.. for the other 31000 paying premium members,, we are frustrated and it should not be this way. I dont really need positive encouragement,, Linden Labs,, create the homes and create a fair method for us to get them,, thats all im saying. 

I can assure you that the posts here do get read, not just by various Moles like me but also by LDPW Lindens and by LL staff and executives all the way up to the most senior levels.  We're constantly discussing and trying to take on board suggestions and comments we see both here and in the in-world community groups, and we're also constantly adapting our schedules and working practices to create more regions as fast as we can, while still retaining the standard of design and building that's so great a part of Bellissaria's attraction for so many residents.

The problem, though, is that many of the ideas people keep on proposing to help relieve the backlog and to make a better distribution system are ones we've already considered but have had to reject as unworkable for various reasons.   I know how long it took to set up the present distribution system, for example, and I know what the people who would have to write and maintain the code for a waiting list have to say about the practicality of the idea, and how long it would take to adopt, given the back-end system as it already exists, and it's just not something that can be done in a timely manner to a satisfactory standard.

It's not that we're ignoring ideas or can't be bothered to implement them.     When we don't  take them up it's generally because we've already investigated them and come to the conclusion that many of them just won't work, for reasons we often didn't know about until we started considering in detail how we'd implement what seemed at first to us, too,  an apparently attractive proposal until we examined it more closely and discussed it with other LL departments who would need to be involved. 

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 20

1 hour ago, Edom Hindermann said:

Some of us don't have the luxury to sit at home and play on FB saying we work at home. STOP putting everyone down who is struggling getting one of the new homes from LL. YOU Beth Macbain have no busy in this thread if you already have a home. All you are doing is rubbing it in everyone's face who doesn't have one. Your criticism is not needed. It just irritates people. So if you don't have something nice to say about ALL the people in SL, then just hush. 

lol... oh my god. I'm not putting anyone down who is trying to get a home. I was asked the question of how I got my home and I answered. If YOU Edom Hindermann don't like the answer, that's on YOU Edom Hindermann and I have every BUSY (sic) in this thread as it's ON a public forum. Like YOU Edom Hindermann, I, TOO, can randomly capitalize WORDS and if YOU Edom Hindermann were paying close attention and actually reading this THREAD you would see that I didn't criticize anyone other than calling out the two people who was saying some not very nice things about the Moles and criticizing the decisions and work of Linden Lab and their employees.

THAT irritates me, and plenty of others as well, Edom Hindermann. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Edom Hindermann said:

To assume so much about Beth, when you've only posted 3 times, is totally of out touch on who she is or how much she cares about the Bellisseria community and the people who've come to enjoy what Linden Labs has created not for just premium members, but all Second Life residents to explore and enjoy.  We all understand well and sympathize with others that are struggling and frustrated in their repeated attempts to acquire a new Linden home and we all want to see each premium member get their homes and enjoy them like the rest who have been fortunate enough to have one now.

But berating how LL handles the delivery of these homes and how Patch Linden and his team of other Lindens and the Moles work, is often off the mark; not directing this at you.  Many don't seem to want to consider that a lot of the disenchantment rests on our own shoulders, if we came into the premium membership after the new Linden homes were announced and released in the first 2 large batches.  Buyer beware*. (*read above to my former post) And for long standing premium members, its also their responsibility to keep up to date on news Linden Labs puts out for them. Yes, we get it, we wish there was a faster way to get more homes out to those who are wanting them, and they are doing their finest and best to get a difficult and demanding job done.

Now, if you are berating Beth, because you are familiar with her posts on the forum, then which alt are you and why are you trolling on a new account?  She has every right to be giving her thoughts on the public forums, as each of us does.  She is also a vigilant defender of Patch and his Moles, and I don't blame her in that.  She doesn't need my help defending herself, she has true grit and is very capable of speaking for herself.  I'm directing this post to you, because we don't need another thread locked down by attacks. So let's be considerate and not accusing and attacking unjustly.  I'll end with wishing that you too, will soon have your own new Linden home.

ImpracticalImpoliteGallowaycow-size_restricted.gif.5f9e2bae1ba77e9cfcb5b08569c52c5c.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Quartz Mole said:

It's not that we're ignoring ideas or can't be bothered to implement them.     When we don't  take them up it's generally because we've already investigated them and come to the conclusion that many of them just won't work, for reasons we often didn't know about until we started considering in detail how we'd implement what seemed at first to us, too,  an apparently attractive proposal until we examined it more closely and discussed it with other LL departments who would need to be involved. 

Thank you for this post, Quartz. 

This is the first time I have seen anyone from  LL lay things out in this much detail. While actually setting up a waiting list would be not a big deal, perhaps integration with the current system of releasing homes would be. I appreciate the reassurance from a LL employee that these alternatives have been given serious consideration.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

To assume so much about Beth, when you've only posted 3 times, is totally of out touch on who she is or how much she cares about the Bellisseria community and the people who've come to enjoy what Linden Labs has created not for just premium members, but all Second Life residents to explore and enjoy.  We all understand well and sympathize with others that are struggling and frustrated in their repeated attempts to acquire a new Linden home and we all want to see each premium member get their homes and enjoy them like the rest who have been fortunate enough to have one now.

But berating how LL handles the delivery of these homes and how Patch Linden and his team of other Lindens and the Moles work, is often off the mark; not directing this at you.  Many don't seem to want to consider that a lot of the disenchantment rests on our own shoulders, if we came into the premium membership after the new Linden homes were announced and released in the first 2 large batches.  Buyer beware*. (*read above to my former post) And for long standing premium members, its also their responsibility to keep up to date on news Linden Labs puts out for them. Yes, we get it, we wish there was a faster way to get more homes out to those who are wanting them, and they are doing their finest and best to get a difficult and demanding job done.

Now, if you are berating Beth, because you are familiar with her posts on the forum, then which alt are you and why are you trolling on a new account?  She has every right to be giving her thoughts on the public forums, as each of us does.  She is also a vigilant defender of Patch and his Moles, and I don't blame her in that.  She doesn't need my help defending herself, she has true grit and is very capable of speaking for herself.  I'm directing this post to you, because we don't need another thread locked down by attacks. So let's be considerate and not accusing and attacking unjustly.  I'll end with wishing that you too, will soon have your own new Linden home.

ImpracticalImpoliteGallowaycow-size_restricted.gif.5f9e2bae1ba77e9cfcb5b08569c52c5c.gif

Not gonna lie... you made me a little teary-eyed! 

I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve you!

giphy.gif.fafd3c7980c9240611212633741481c4.gif

me, giving you a great big squishy hug

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.