Ok, so this is ridiculous

Cahtias

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You know what would be a cool trend, is if some of us who have homes opened ours for people to play in while they wait to get their own parcel. Start a big homeless initiative and would be way warmer than being snippy to frustrated people on the forums.

My home is already open anyway due to it being added to the Parade of Homes HUD. If anyone reading this is homeless and wants a place to "live" for free in the meantime, just IM me! I can't give rez rights, but you can at least chill in my house and take pics there if you want. I hope you don't mind rain though, I'm one of those weirdos with rain around her yard. Just contact Aemeth Lysette in-world!

Edited by Aemeth Lysette
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, Cahtias said:

If i post to 31000 other posts i wont get noticed,, Im trying to make a point... maybe LL will see, like they have seen all others,, Im sure they are not reading 31000 posts either. If you think this rollout is going well, then, you have a home.. for the other 31000 paying premium members,, we are frustrated and it should not be this way. I dont really need positive encouragement,, Linden Labs,, create the homes and create a fair method for us to get them,, thats all im saying. 

There's a lot of frustration by those who are trying to claim a new home and the Moles and Lindens are working as hard as they can to create these homes and regions as quickly as possible, but this takes time.

Creating a new thread won't specifically get your concerns addressed, or get you a house sooner, or change the way in which the houses are released, or really change anything. What it will do is single you out, as it has done, and people will comment (generally negatively) because there have been, and currently are, many threads just like yours all asking for the same thing (some demanding) and venting their frustrations too. The point is it really isn't going to make a point that hasn't already been made numerous times already.

I won't tell you to be patient or tell you what you clearly don't want to hear. But there have been other methods of release that others have suggested in their frustrations (such as using a lottery system, or adding names to a list), and Patch, Abnor, Quartz and other team members have all stated why for now they won't implement such changes.

The basic answer is that to create a new system to replace the one they have now will create added work on top of what they already have; and by that I mean the work it takes just to place the homes and decorate the land so that each region looks unique and not cookie-cutter (which is what they're consciously trying to avoid after Mainland) and make each region look individual while considering Land Impact usage so that there's enough prims spare for Residents to decorate with, as well as have prims spare for Rez zones if there are any to be included, and to ensure the scripts are working and effectively communicate with the online database (Resident's dashboard etc). These steps all take time. On top of that implementing a new system will no doubt create more bugs and issues that require fixing. What that all boils down to is, in short; changing the current system won't make the releases happen sooner, change will make the releases take longer. 

So while you may not like the current system or agree with it there's not much you can do beyond wait, and nothing that posting your own topic will change. Change will happen when it makes practical sense for the Lindens and Moles to do so, not because numerous topics or posts are created. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Aemeth Lysette said:

You know what would be a cool trend, is if some of us who have homes opened ours for people to play in while they wait to get their own parcel. Start a big homeless initiative and would be way warmer than being snippy to frustrated people on the forums.

My home is already open anyway due to it being added to the Parade of Homes HUD. If anyone reading this is homeless and wants a place to "live" for free in the meantime, just IM me! I can't give rez rights, but you can at least chill in my house and take pics there if you want. I hope you mind rain though, I'm one of those weirdos with rain around her yard. Just contact Aemeth Lysette in-world!

I remember reading in one of the various threads a while ago that someone did actually extend an open-house invitation using her LH and the system was abused to the point she had to close it down. If I can find the exact post I'll link it here, but the point is that it has been done and probably would be done more often if others didn't ruin it for the majority.

There are still many homes being used as faux homes and businesses that allow people to hang-out and use as semi-residential/community areas for free, and these are places anyone (not just Bellisseria residents but any visitors) can use at any time and take pictures in too (and do).

You can get a HUD on the marketplace for free I believe which will TP you around these various locations, or if not ask in the Bellisseria Community group in world (I think that's the one, maybe someone can verify that for me as I'm not currently in-world to check). But there is trend out there already, people just have to just read a few of the threads in this forum to find them (such as Belli Animal Sanctuary, Bellis Blues Café , Having Fun in Bellisseria and The Linden Homes Photo Thread among others), and be willing to use them as they were intended, not for malicious purposes. :) 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Cahtias said:

If i post to 31000 other posts i wont get noticed,, Im trying to make a point... maybe LL will see, like they have seen all others,, Im sure they are not reading 31000 posts either. If you think this rollout is going well, then, you have a home.. for the other 31000 paying premium members,, we are frustrated and it should not be this way. I dont really need positive encouragement,, Linden Labs,, create the homes and create a fair method for us to get them,, thats all im saying. 

Linden LAB is making the homes. 

The method IS fair. 

Everybody who wants one WILL have one.

This is the way IT HAPPENS.  

It is currently HAPPENING. 

Edit:  To suggest this process isn't fair is to suggest that everybody currently occupying a new home got theirs unfairly.  Some of these people have been waiting a long time for their new homes; the process is the same for them as it is for you.  It's a lottery; it's luck; but it's also a guarantee eventually.  Everybody gets a turn. 

Edited by Clarrellae
  • Like 11

Long story short, went Premium on quarterly plan, got LH on Bellisseria in about half an hour. Abandoned home, they are to small. Went back to basic. I like the 351 prims with the new homes. Went Premium again, annual this time on the morning of 8/1, by 0935 I have another Linden Home.

Its all down to luck and everyone has the same chance to win.

I’m going out to buy my Lottery ticket.

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Abnor Mole said:

We are making new, individual, unique, and continually improving regions and releasing them as fast as we can. We do not tell anyone the exact time new homes are released and we vary those times as much as possible. No one has any advanced warning or knowledge of when a release is happening, making it the absolute fairest method possible.

Fair would be allowing someone who pays premium fees to LL to be able to get a home, Fair would be knowing how many premium members you, which LL should know, and build accordingly,, if you have 100,000 premium members and you produce 50 homes a week, well, isnt that a bit ridiculous (no idea about these numbers just trying to show a ridiculous scenario). I just think that this whole thing was handled incorrectly, from a standpoint of just business and custom satisfaction. How does one check the availability every day for 3 months and everyday nothing is available, and someone else, according to an above post, has been able to get homes repeatedly with no problems whatsoever. you are saying thats fair? Im just in the wrong place at the wrong time for 3 months? How is that doing it right?

Oh and BTW, if someone is looking that closely at my profile picture, close enough to see something that is not there and saying that my profile picture is x rated because it shows skin, well, someone has bigger problems than me and these houses... so Ill yield the conversation to the psycho. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Cahtias said:

Oh and BTW, if someone is looking that closely at my profile picture, close enough to see something that is not there and saying that my profile picture is x rated because it shows skin, well, someone has bigger problems than me and these houses... so Ill yield the conversation to the psycho. 

There is a difference between showing skin and showing off your wax job.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

There is a difference between showing skin and showing off your wax job.  LOL

as i said, if you can see that, then you are looking way too closley.. if you would like to see that in person, which apparently you do,, then just ask me lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cahtias said:

as i said, if you can see that, then you are looking way too closley.. if you would like to see that in person, which apparently you do,, then just ask me lol

There is not enough Lysol in the world. :)

ETA: But thanks for finally admitting that you are showing your bits in your profile pic, which is a blatant disregard of TOS.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Clarrellae said:

It's a lottery; it's luck;

22 minutes ago, TheVeryFirst said:

Its all down to luck and everyone has the same chance to win

Surely the issue is that it shouldn't be a lottery. People are not buying lottery tickets. They are not paying money to LL to enter a competition in the hope that they win a home. They expected to just get one. Is it an unreasonable expectation? "Sign-up for Premium and with any luck you might get one of the new homes we've rolled out" is not how it was 'sold' at the time. People were signing up for Premium and paying money to Linden Lab on the basis of getting a new 1024 plot and a home. That's how it was promoted to them.

"Are you ready for your new life on the Bellisseria continent? Now may be the perfect time to upgrade to Premium!  Your new home is waiting for you!" is how it was stated on the original announcement - no suggestion of waiting times and pot luck! It was available now and waiting for you! Just pay your money. (Although in fairness the blog post has since at least been updated to say they are all sold out!)

So if someone has signed up for a quarterly account on the back of being able to get one of the new homes and three months later still haven't been able to simply and easily get the home they were promised, it's understandable that they're naturally going to feel aggrieved and feel that they've wasted their money - should they then renew their membership having already not been able to access what they thought they'd paid for already? With that in mind, are members entitled to a refund if the service they signed up for cannot be delivered in full? Or is there a proviso in the TOS when you sign up which states that the new homes are 'subject to availability'? If not maybe there should be!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wesleytron said:

Surely the issue is that it shouldn't be a lottery. People are not buying lottery tickets. They are not paying money to LL to enter a competition in the hope that they win a home. They expected to just get one. Is it an unreasonable expectation? "Sign-up for Premium and with any luck you might get one of the new homes we've rolled out" is not how it was 'sold' at the time. People were signing up for Premium and paying money to Linden Lab on the basis of getting a new 1024 plot and a home. That's how it was promoted to them.

"Are you ready for your new life on the Bellisseria continent? Now may be the perfect time to upgrade to Premium!  Your new home is waiting for you!" is how it was stated on the original announcement - no suggestion of waiting times and pot luck! It was available now and waiting for you! Just pay your money. (Although in fairness the blog post has since at least been updated to say they are all sold out!)

So if someone has signed up for a quarterly account on the back of being able to get one of the new homes and three months later still haven't been able to simply and easily get the home they were promised, it's understandable that they're naturally going to feel aggrieved and feel that they've wasted their money - should they then renew their membership having already not been able to access what they thought they'd paid for already? With that in mind, are members entitled to a refund if the service they signed up for cannot be delivered in full? Or is there a proviso in the TOS when you sign up which states that the new homes are 'subject to availability'? If not maybe there should be!

Probably the most intelligent comment I have heard to date. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cahtias said:

Out of curiosity i took a look at your profile inworld. Did you know that when you click on someone profile picture it opens a larger view of it? Thats how anyone can easily see your panty parts. I mean, on my 43 inch monitor it was very clearly visible.  Profiles are supposed to be G, as in no nudity. Personally, i dont care. If some 16 year old wants to see naked people, they can easily search for it on google. A pixel av is less a threat, in my book anyway.

And as i said before.. Niiiiiiice picture.

5 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

There is not enough Lysol in the world. :)

ETA: But thanks for finally admitting that you are showing your bits in your profile pic, which is a blatant disregard of TOS.

Putting a smiley face at the end of a nasty comment doesnt make it less nasty.. 

5 minutes ago, wesleytron said:

I honestly wonder why its taking so long.. You would think they would have had several hundred sims worth ready to go before rolling this out.. SL has always been about the new shiny. If its new and limited to a specific group, you can count on those people wanting it. I would have had a houseboat ready for every premium member before rolling this out. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, wesleytron said:

I agree with you, though some don't, that it was a lure which Linden Lab couldn't fulfill immediately. 

But... Linden Lab is fulfilling the promise. It's not like they lured, offered 10 prizes, then said "tough luck" to everybody else.  They ARE MAKING HOMES for everybody who will want them.  The only lottery is who gets one first, not who gets one at all.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Clarrellae said:

But... Linden Lab is fulfilling the promise.

From an individual's point of view, there is no 'fulfilling' - only 'fulfilled' or 'not fulfilled'. They have either 'got' or 'not got'. There is not transitory period.

Arguably the promise should be fulfilled at the point of purchase, or no money taken until the promise can be fulfilled. Not keeping up with the high demand is LL's problem. It should not be the customer's problem.

25 minutes ago, Clarrellae said:

The only lottery is who gets one first, not who gets one at all.

It shouldn't be a lottery at all. And if you signed up for quarterly - a three month period - and three months later you still can't get one of the new homes, then effectively you DIDN'T get one at all!

Edited by wesleytron

1 hour ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Open someone else's profile and click on their picture. It will open a larger view. 

When I view the Web profiles and click on the pictures, either via the SL viewer or directly in a browser, most of the time, the pics don't open larger for me.  Sometimes they do, but it is seldom - and I've no clue why.  Many people are used to seeing tiny images for avatar pics in things like forums, so some people may have the same issue with not seeing larger pics, but then assume it is supposed to be that way.

I use Firestorm normally, which means I'm seeing Legacy profiles most of the time, so I tend to forget about that Web profile picture problem.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

1 hour ago, wesleytron said:

From an individual's point of view, there is no 'fulfilling' - only 'fulfilled' or 'not fulfilled'. They have either 'got' or 'not got'. There is not transitory period.

Arguably the promise should be fulfilled at the point of purchase, or no money taken until the promise can be fulfilled. Not keeping up with the high demand is LL's problem. It should not be the customer's problem.

It shouldn't be a lottery at all. And if you signed up for quarterly - a three month period - and three months later you still can't get one of the new homes, then effectively you DIDN'T get one at all!

Arguably, sure.  Arguably there are as many arguable points as there are customers. Arguably there are other ways this could have gone down. You're not wrong.  

Though I would also add that a Bellisseria home is not the only perk you get for your membership; nor is Bellisseria exclusive to any group of people. You're free to be there and enjoy the community like anybody; sail and ride and dance and swim like anybody.  The only thing people are really waiting for is that delicious 350Li rez-right in a pretty home not counted against the land allowance, and I really do sympathize. My mainland home, though, makes my sympathy limited; it's better where I live IMHO.  But that's beside the point.

The only other point I feel worth making here is that nobody is perfect; hindsight is 20/20; people learn and grow and take their time doing it.  I am content to let Lindens be Lindens and the Lab be the Lab because, all in good time, things do and will get done. Aint nobody in this forum perfect enough to expect any differently, either, because there is goodness and perk-ness available to all of us, paid for or not paid for. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wesleytron said:

With that in mind, are members entitled to a refund if the service they signed up for cannot be delivered in full? Or is there a proviso in the TOS when you sign up which states that the new homes are 'subject to availability'? If not maybe there should be!

No. Because no promise was broken. Technically you do get what you pay for. The only promise that comes with a Premium membership is the ability to own a premium house. Nowhere is it expressly stated in black and white anywhere that you are entitled to a premium house in Bellisseria, just that you will get a house. And you will. Because there are other regions still available just not the one you (or others in this hypothetical) want. It would be different entirely if the older style homes and regions were suddenly wiped off the map overnight and there was no option available for any home at all. But they're not. They're still there. Therefore the service is available and will continue to be so into the future as the product continues to be released.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, wesleytron said:

With that in mind, are members entitled to a refund if the service they signed up for cannot be delivered in full? Or is there a proviso in the TOS when you sign up which states that the new homes are 'subject to availability'? If not maybe there should be!

apparently Patch has stated that if you need a refund on your premium membership you can get one.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.