Struggling with head shapes

Roscaroni

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Who doesn't go nuts when there's a skin they just have to have?

I generally don't buy skins unless there's an accompanying shape, because I was under the mindset that I wanted to look like the avatars modelling them, but I'm still relatively new to bento and just realized recently that none of these "shapes" make my bento head look like the ones that enticed me in the pictures to buy the skins in the first place. All it does is edit my body and apply the skin to my default Genus baby face head. The features stay the same.

Is there something I'm missing?

• Like 1

To look the same as a model on an advertisement, you would need their exact shape, mesh body/head and skin. Because the same shape looks different on different mesh bodies and heads. 

Mesh/bento heads can still look same when wearing different shapes. Even if they are in fact different shape, the main features are kinda build in a head to give it the distinctive look of that particular head. Even more so if you wear the same skin. Skin makes much more of a change to the look of the face than shape does

I don't particularly care about the body looking the same, but I specifically buy skins made for Genus and the accompanying shapes as well, so I assumed it would sort of automatically morph my head to take on the appearance of the model's head.

But I guess since it's a bento head and not system, the shapes are limited in how much they can alter. That's a shame.

• Like 1

You're never going to get the exact look of an ad because the vast majority of the ads are carefully stage lit and photoshopped. Fortunately, Bento heads are equipped to allow you to use the system sliders to make subtle changes in the face. Adjust your sliders - learn what each face can accomodate. Don't rely on third party shapes.

Edited by Blaise Glendevon
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1700 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.