Community Name Suggestion Thread

Trinity Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just in case the Lindens and the moles run out of creative names for their community releases, I thought it would be fun to give them some suggestions.

Nothing that would be a copyright issue, but names that allude to geeky or cult tv shows, movies or book series would be fun. 

(BTW, I have wondered why the community my home is in is called Rothacker. Don’t have any clear answers but it is a German last name that is also the last name of a number of professors in American universities...)

• Like 2

On 8/1/2019 at 10:26 AM, TessaPaige Jupiter said:

I wonder if there is a copyright infringement on Dr. Seuss book titles? Maybe do an ode to some of the books like Green Eggs and Ham or Horton Hear's a Who? Maybe Hortonville?

You'd have to be very careful.  The estate of Theodor Geisel ("Dr. Seuss") has a very active legal team.

Locations from songs?

"Rocky Top"

"Blue Moon"

"Ticky Tacky" O.o!

"Shangri-La"

On 8/1/2019 at 1:20 PM, Trinity1776 said:

Just in case the Lindens and the moles run out of creative names for their community releases, I thought it would be fun to give them some suggestions.

Nothing that would be a copyright issue, but names that allude to geeky or cult tv shows, movies or book series would be fun. 

(BTW, I have wondered why the community my home is in is called Rothacker. Don’t have any clear answers but it is a German last name that is also the last name of a number of professors in American universities...)

Overlook Hills, Samara, Elm Heights, Grenadine Lake , Needles Point , Estate Park, Harbor Bretannia, Bisque Sands, Muskoka Way, Coven Row, Ashen Place, Pandemonium

• Like 1

Nika, I was wondering about that in regards to Dr. Seuss.. In that case how about the films of Russ Meyer? Instead of the Beyond the Valley of the Dolls do something like Doll Gorge, or Doll Canyon. What about Ultra-Vixenville as an ode to Beyond the Valley of the Ultr-Vixens, Or Vixen! or Super Vixens. Russ really liked his Vixens. My all time fave though is Faster ***** Cat Kill Kill! 

giphy.gif

Editing...the Russ Meyer Film title was censored!

Edited by TessaPaige Jupiter
  • Haha 1

On 8/1/2019 at 5:50 PM, Trinity1776 said:

Vinland, Utgard, Asgard, Valhall, Viking Fjord, Picknose, Nasegrev, Hulder, Troll Peaks, Volve Valley, ...

Yeah - I'm in a bit norse mood here... ;) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chywe DeVinna said:

Vinland, Utgard, Asgard, Valhall, Viking Fjord, Picknose, Nasegrev, Hulder, Troll Peaks, Volve Valley, ...

Yeah - I'm in a bit norse mood here... ;) 

These names would be great if one of the new themes is cabins to go with the campers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1727 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.