Why, when I teleport to other avatars, do I land on their heads?

angelpatty

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

1 hour ago, angelpatty said:

For the last few years in Second Life, I've noticed that when I teleport to other people, I rez on top of their heads. 

Why is that happening?

you do what is expected ..land on the same coordinates
This is also seen a lot at busy places, all use the same coordinates in the LM to land, so if you don't move after landing, others will end on top of you

• Like 1

It kind of depends how you did the teleport, though.

If Avatar A uses a landmark, and does not move after arrival, Avatar B, using the same landmark, arrives on A's head.

If Avatar B accepts a teleport offer from Avatar A, Avatar B will arrive slightly above and slightly in front of, Avatar A.  I think this will also happen if Avatar B sends a teleport request to Avatar A, but am not 100% sure.

If you double click on an avatar name in the People window, your camera moves to that person.  You can then use the "double click to teleport to a clicked spot" option to teleport in next to them.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 1

If you can see them, you should walk to them.

Landing on top of someone is usually a landmark problem. Some places with heavy incoming traffic put a landing platform at the landing point which moves arriving avatars a few meters in some random direction to clear the arrival point.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1623 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.