Low cost mesh body (female)

river813

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have the free body from ebody and three of the freebies from Altamura, but none of them are omega compatible. 

I'd like to buy something with more features that is lower cost (the full versions of both the above seem to be around L$2500 which is too much for me at this stage). I have Slink shoes that I'd like to keep so ideally I'd like a body that's compatible with those, but the only one I've found that I can be sure of is the Slink body itself. Are there any other options?

Ruth 2.0 isn't Omega-compatible as the creator of Omega refuses to work with it, I think due to licensing issues, but I think the feet are Slink-compatible. Since it's a freebie it wouldn't hurt to pick one up and see whether it works for you. One of my alts has the Tonic Fine, it was about L$2K I think? but worth saving up for as it has Omega built-in as well as the Slink-compatible feet.

• Thanks 1

I think there is a Slink deluxe bundle that includes the body, hands and all of the feet. Not sure about the price, but I feel the bundle is comparable to Maitreya and Belleza prices.

As far as finding a low cost body that’s comparable to the features of the better selling brands....not gonna happen. If it’s lower cost, it’s either going to be missing features that you need or it doesn’t get much support.

Something like the Ebody or one of those other creators that run promos every once in a while are usually going to be missing features...because they want you to get the full version.

There’s a Mod Body called Orange Nahua, pretty nice. 600Ls. The creator stopped updating it and never made it Bento.

So either missing features or no support is what you’re looking at. My suggestion is to just wait until you can get the body you really want.

• Thanks 1

You can wear Slink feet with the Maitreya body, as well. You just go to the feet's utilities hud and change the size to XS, and it matches the ankles perfectly. Maitreya is currently the body with the best selection of clothing. The current second place is Belleza Freya, if you want a curvier and more voluptuous figure. You can also wear Slink feet with that body. Most skin makers accommodate both Slink and Maitreya. 

Determining if you can find clothes for your body is a BIG consideration. Take a look at the designers you like, and see what they're making clothes for. 

Slink does have the bundle, body, feet with all sizes, and hands with all the poses. One does have to buy the Omega addon that installs in body, feet, and hands. The Slink things have a 'relatively' low polygon count. Some others have ridiculously high poly counts.

In the past, Slink has upgraded body, feet, and hands for free when SL changed (think Bento). We will see BoM release, probably, this month or at least next month. BoM will change how mesh bodies work. Siddean says the new Slink is 99% ready for BoM. So, both should release at nearly the same time.

So, while there is a change coming soon, we are in the window where most designers give free updates. But, it is nice knowing Slink has been good about providing free updates without time limits.

Slink comes in two basic flavors, Physique and Hourglass. Hourglass is more popular with designers. I am not sure why. It is easier to design for Physique and modify that design for Hourglass. And Slink recommends that design process. But, there are more clothes for Hourglass. Personally, I REALLY dislike the butt cheeks on Hourglass. But, I have both... bodies... not cheeks...

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.