LucyElaine

A New Supernatural Sim

So.

My friends and I missed rping in a Supernatural world. So we created one. 

I often find it super discouraging to go to a Supernatural sim and have it be ALL supernaturals. Where dem humans doh? I think humans are an essential component in a supernatural world. THEY CREATE CONFLICT. To me, supernatural sims are always the most interesting if they are nestled in realism. 

We open August 9th. If you want some deetz, find me on SL-- LucyElaine. 

Pictures attached to get u HYPE. 

Beach_1_001_002.png

Hotel_Facade_2_001.png

Wolf_Den_001.png

St_Michaels_Church_1_001_001.png

• Like 5

Okay.  I'm a total newb when it comes to RP.  When you say "Supernatural", is there a certain theme you're going for or just " whatever the heck you want to be?"  Like , is this supposed to be dark and gritty or lighthearted?  Which direction are you going with this?  Do you have a set story that you're wanting people to follow?  Are you wanting serious RPers only, or is there a space for those of us that are interested, but don't know where/how to start?  More detailed information would be great.  Thanks. 

• Like 2

Wait, wait, WAIT! So... a fantastical-themed region and I'm not expected to be some faerie, werewolf, vampire or other magically-endowed sexpot flaunting my junk and I can just be a human? SLURL, plz!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Catrie said:

Okay.  I'm a total newb when it comes to RP.  When you say "Supernatural", is there a certain theme you're going for or just " whatever the heck you want to be?"  Like , is this supposed to be dark and gritty or lighthearted?  Which direction are you going with this?  Do you have a set story that you're wanting people to follow?  Are you wanting serious RPers only, or is there a space for those of us that are interested, but don't know where/how to start?  More detailed information would be great.  Thanks. 

Here's a dirty little secret about many role-play regions: they want, nay, need more people to come role-play. Then they put up all kinds of rules and novels of back-story that you're expected to learn, know, and follow, and then you have to spend a half-hour filling in some stupid "application" and all kinds of nonsense. They all shoot themselves in the foot. One really bad one is is a University role-play (that's all the name I'll mention) and they expect you to join their group or you get TP'd home (ejected) - no time to even observe. Well, they and all the others like them can keep it. NO role-play is worth that bullcrappola.

@LucyElaine - if your role-play region is more inviting and lenient on this stuff, count me in. Make people like Catrie and I feel *welcomed* and we'll come.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Here's a dirty little secret about many role-play regions: they want, nay, need more people to come role-play. Then they put up all kinds of rules and novels of back-story that you're expected to learn, know, and follow, and then you have to spend a half-hour filling in some stupid "application" and all kinds of nonsense. They all shoot themselves in the foot. One really bad one is is a University role-play (that's all the name I'll mention) and they expect you to join their group or you get TP'd home (ejected) - no time to even observe. Well, they and all the others like them can keep it. NO role-play is worth that bullcrappola.

@LucyElaine - if your role-play region is more inviting and lenient on this stuff, count me in. Make people like Catrie and I feel *welcomed* and we'll come.

Thanks, @Alyona Su. :)  I've been wanting to actually learn how to RP, but have no idea where or how to start.  Most of the sims seems to be directed to those that already know and don't want to take the time to help newbs.  I tried going to a " Intro to RP" course at Oxbridge and just got hit on within seconds of showing up.  I didn't stay long. 😛

Looks like a nice build. Looking forward to visiting.

Roleplay sims often need a full cast to work. It's hard to maintain interest. Maybe have active hours and days, and encourage people to show up then.

I like Cocoon, which is a very well built futuristic roleplay sim. There are roles, factions, character types, and an in-game currency. That sim needs a minimum population to work. Same for Sanctuary. Hoodlum. Not sure how Crack Den is getting along. All those places have complicated rules, some have damage meters, and there are ongoing story lines. If you visit any of them at a random time, they will be almost empty.

This sounds super interesting. I just sent you an IM. Hoping to hear back from you soon about my question, OP. 

So this sim was created out of love. My friends and I missed supernatural/urban sims that were actually pretty? Why can't sims be pretty and just have gritty stories?

On 8/4/2019 at 12:46 PM, Catrie said:

In response to you Catrie, we want the characters to be in control of their own path. Yes, we'll have an overarching story in place that folks can jump into, but I personally find the most joy in creating stories with other characters. The world we created is beautiful, but a magical fog has settled onto the city, allowing things like, VAMPIRES, to walk around more freely. This ain't twilight. They don't sparkle. :D Roleplay is super fun. If you want to jump into this world and learn, please come! I'm always available to help.

22 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

We have rules. Basic rules-- like, please don't be a mean person? We want IC drama ONLY. We aren't going to eject you from the sim if you aren't wearing a tag. That's just mean! Our application is simple-- character name, brief backstory, what is your race? This allows us to maintain a balance. I don't want the sim overrun with Supernaturals! That is super important to me. Humans are necessary. This sim is both urban and supernatural. We want to maintain the masquerade. That will create fun roleplay, I think. 

13 hours ago, animats said:

Looks like a nice build. Looking forward to visiting.

Roleplay sims often need a full cast to work. It's hard to maintain interest. Maybe have active hours and days, and encourage people to show up then.

I like Cocoon, which is a very well built futuristic roleplay sim. There are roles, factions, character types, and an in-game currency. That sim needs a minimum population to work. Same for Sanctuary. Hoodlum. Not sure how Crack Den is getting along. All those places have complicated rules, some have damage meters, and there are ongoing story lines. If you visit any of them at a random time, they will be almost empty.

So we have 5 people that own the sim. We're all really active para rpers from different parts of the world. I hate limiting people with active hours for rp. I think they should vary on the player. As for damage meters and *****, we don't have those. It's text based rp. The damage is up to the player. Our big thing too is having affordable rentals. We charge 2L per prim. We're not in it to make money. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Clarrellae said:

Text-based no-metered roleplay ❤️   Ahhhh.  

Yes. We're writers. We want to write. If I wanted to roll dice, I'd play DND. Which I do. Just not online. :)

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/31/2019 at 8:39 PM, LucyElaine said:

So.

My friends and I missed rping in a Supernatural world. So we created one. 

I often find it super discouraging to go to a Supernatural sim and have it be ALL supernaturals. Where dem humans doh? I think humans are an essential component in a supernatural world. THEY CREATE CONFLICT. To me, supernatural sims are always the most interesting if they are nestled in realism. 

We open August 9th. If you want some deetz, find me on SL-- LucyElaine. 

Pictures attached to get u HYPE. 

I wish your friend all the best on his/her sim. I may stop by and check it out. I will most certainly play a human. I've played supernaturals beings for too long.. 

Edited by Minx Kurosawa

Oh sound nice. Might finally try to get in to some RP as my initial goal was only 12 years ago :)

I'll be sure to drop by with one of my alts

On 8/5/2019 at 11:55 PM, Mae Omizu said:

I found the webpage and info in your picks and applied to be a human. 

Woo! Looking at approvals now. We are opening tomorrow so things have been cray!

8 hours ago, Minx Kurosawa said:

I wish your friend all the best on his/her sim. I may stop by and check it out. I will most certainly play a human. I've played supernaturals beings for too long.. 

Come hang out with us. 

8 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Oh sound nice. Might finally try to get in to some RP as my initial goal was only 12 years ago :)

I'll be sure to drop by with one of my alts

Woo hoo! Can't wait to see ya.

• Like 1

I've rented space there, and have been invited to all the groups.  Still working on my bio for the website, to officially apply.  lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Minx Kurosawa said:

I teleport there but ended up falling from the sky.. umm is the sim open yet?

Both you and I, haha.  I msg Lucy in world and she's aware, it was the old tp point for the RP parcel.  And it is open, they  were having their grand opening gala when I entered

Did a little decorating at my place here.

Clifton Forge home

• Like 1

Hi everyone! 

I thought I would attach the link and our season hook! We are looking for humans, vampires, witches, and werewolves. We like PARA rp! Come play with us. We're friendly. I promise! 

Enter the intrigue of Clifton Forge, a sleepy city nestled in idyllic mountains, where blissful everyday living masks a darker and more turbulent truth. Attacks by wild-beasts are becoming an all too common rationale for the rising body-count; the unknown animals growing bolder and even leaving bodies in the lesser occupied areas of the city-proper. Meanwhile the glamour of a wealthy population continues to dazzle as high summer is in full effect. 

All manner of depravity conceals itself behind a flawless veneer here; the Hotel's facade is cracked by stories of staff suicides, the Church here asks for alms - but whether it intends to divert these funds to charitable causes or fill its own coffers is unknown. A harried city cop turns Sheriff in what some might see as a peaceful retirement plan, while others wonder why she has escaped to a more pastoral clime. Everyone has a secret - what is yours? 

Clifton Forge is an urban supernatural sim that is 18+. 

Find us online at https://cliftonforgerpg.wixsite.com/home.  
Got questions? Shoot LucyElaine a message!

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Azores/133/196/2110 

Curious, the websites states rules to join, but the rules are not specified on the website I think? Or at least I can not find them.

The only rule I do see being para roleplayer is a requirement (that might stop me, as I am more of a regular one line conversationist)

1 hour ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Curious, the websites states rules to join, but the rules are not specified on the website I think? Or at least I can not find them.

The only rule I do see being para roleplayer is a requirement (that might stop me, as I am more of a regular one line conversationist)

Normally I'd agree - it's a really stupidly-restrictive rule with no tangible means of enforcement other than opinion. HOWEVER, a paragraph by definition: "a distinct section of a piece of writing, usually dealing with a single theme and indicated by a new line, indentation, or numbering." - you can do that, make two sentences before hitting enter, right? I just did with this comment. :)a distinct section of a piece of writing, usually dealing with a single theme and indicated by a new line, indentation, or numbering.

1 hour ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

http://www.cliftonforgesl.info/rules

My changes didn't save last night. :)