LucyElaine

Adjust Windlight on my Parcel

Hello! 

I have been trying to adjust the windlight for my new roleplaying parcel for days now! I have used the following string: 

/*Windlight Sky: "[name of the preset]"*/

I have placed it in the parcel description but nothing is happening! Of course I have removed brackets and entered the preset exactly as it is. What in the heck am I doing wrong? 

8 minutes ago, LucyElaine said:

Hello! 

I have been trying to adjust the windlight for my new roleplaying parcel for days now! I have used the following string: 

/*Windlight Sky: "[name of the preset]"*/

I have placed it in the parcel description but nothing is happening! Of course I have removed brackets and entered the preset exactly as it is. What in the heck am I doing wrong? 

Do you have your VIEWER set so that it will see the parcel settings?  Only if you have that turned on (same for your visitors of course) will YOUR sky be THEIR sky. 

image.png.6b9c8d15811a84892453519ba374f0e8.png

• Like 1

/*Windlight Sky: "[name of the preset]"RegionOverride*/

There is a mistake in this  Windlight override setting. I had the issue myself took me around 5 or more hours to figure out what was wrong with it (/) I believe those are not needed then it should work for you. but you gotta play around.... I have not played with it for a while, so I might be mistaken. 

On 12/4/2019 at 2:54 PM, Takushima said:

/*Windlight Sky: "[name of the preset]"RegionOverride*/

There is a mistake in this  Windlight override setting. I had the issue myself took me around 5 or more hours to figure out what was wrong with it (/) I believe those are not needed then it should work for you. but you gotta play around.... I have not played with it for a while, so I might be mistaken. 

It is actually correct, per the Firestorm group, and my own settings: 

/*Windlight Sky: "blackskymoon"RegionOverride*/

On 12/6/2019 at 11:20 AM, HoneyBear Lilliehook said:

It is actually correct, per the Firestorm group, and my own settings: 

/*Windlight Sky: "blackskymoon"RegionOverride*/

I'm a bit late for this, but when I had the same issue, It worked after I added the water, even though there's no water around. Didn't work with sky alone. Just posting in case things have changed with how parcels interpret the setting, or if it's a mainland thing, or which server type. (this is on a second life server)

/*Windlight Sky: "[name of the preset]" Water: "[name of the WL water preset]"RegionOverride*/

windlight override.png

Edited by Morena Tully