3 hours ago, Adam Spark said:

If my partner still looked like she did in 2010, I'd have no issue. I'm not with the pixels. I love the girl who uses them.

I have friends on the grid that long who's newbie look has almost become an endearing quality, and quite frankly a switch to mesh would almost look like an identity loss.

System avatars are functionally equal to mesh ones, so no. It does not matter to me.

I am not into SL to find a partner, however, I am not bothered by system avi's.  To each their own.  Not everyone wants to invest in mesh bodies and heads and you know what?  To me that is okay.  As long as I look good then that is all I really care about.  yes that is so vain too! LOL

9 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I once spent several weeks as just a pair of boots.  The system av was alpha'd out otherwise.  The boot were fantastic to be fair and it gave me a 'kick' (haha) to see just these boots walking around on their own.

Hmmm... maybe while I"m building I should have just one hand visible on Selene and she can be Thing and be handy to help.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

33 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Hmmm... maybe while I"m building I should have just one hand visible on Selene and she can be Thing and be handy to help.

giphy.gif

I have a Thing avatar in my inventory. One of my favorite Halloween costumes!

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Selene does the same damn thing. I fixed her little red wagon though. I made her into a tree.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Meshers-Tree-Av/2195648

MUST HAVE TREE FOR BETA GRID!!!! will be much fun to be a tree on beta grid. that wide open rolling plain needs trees. oh noes you will be most peeved and distracted when building alt has to waste time messing about with the mesh body again instead of just getting on with uploading. you know what will happen, you'll procrastinate on doing things which involve her having a human body on beta grid and fart around being a tree. YES TREE!!!!!

edit: She has the tree. Sync beta grid sync.

Edited by Bitsy Buccaneer
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Groot? Is that you?

tumblr_ovfpmpcWnF1vvlgk2o1_250.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I once spent several weeks as just a pair of boots.  The system av was alpha'd out otherwise.  The boot were fantastic to be fair and it gave me a 'kick' (haha) to see just these boots walking around on their own.

Nobody should have been surprised by this. Boots are sentient. They have soles.

• Haha 8

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Groot? Is that you?

There are some on the MP but that isn't one of them. One of the Groot ones looks very well done and is tempting. But... they all look DMCA risky so not happening until I see a legal document granting them permission.

tenor.gif?itemid=7317011 

9 hours ago, sirhc Weatherwax said:

[2019/07/31 15:58]  *****.Resident: may be time to update? *giggles* ^..^

The nerve! So as you do I pulled up the profile before bothering and behold : one of those AFK leeches. The very definition of a plastic Natasha.

Pot, meet Kettle.

7 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

There are some on the MP but that isn't one of them. One of the Groot ones looks very well done and is tempting. But... they all look DMCA risky so not happening until I see a legal document granting them permission.

tenor.gif?itemid=7317011 

You can't be punished or banned for owning one that you didn't make yourself, even if Disney did come after it with a DMCA. The creator might get banned but the worst that could happen to you is you'd be out a few L$ when the item gets deleted from your inventory.

8 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

You can't be punished or banned for owning one that you didn't make yourself, even if Disney did come after it with a DMCA. The creator might get banned but the worst that could happen to you is you'd be out a few L$ when the item gets deleted from your inventory.

That's the problem. I can't afford to lose those few pennies. Some days those few pennies makes a difference in whether or not I eat or can have more than one meal per day. And no that is not an exaggeration. 

8 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

That's the problem. I can't afford to lose those few pennies. Some days those few pennies makes a difference in whether or not I eat or can have more than one meal per day. And no that is not an exaggeration. 

Hmm yeah you best not buy that then.

• Like 1

Think I am really shallow then, a good looking avatar really does it for me.  Having said that, some people have decent  looking non-mesh avatars and have obviously taken the trouble to get there.  Of course it is the personality that counts and I have plenty of friends who are not mesh. I remember once talking to a 9 foot non-mesh rabbit for several hours because he was interesting!  I have been known to help people to create their mesh look and how to use it.  Some say that they don't go for mesh because of the cost, but there are some free ones out there if  they can't afford to pay out for the high-end bodies..  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, borada said:

there are some free ones out there if  they can't afford to pay out for the high-end bodies.. 

With those bodies, you get what you pay for. The only one worth a damn is the free Ebody and you can't do much with it.

I don't date in SL, but if I would the question wouldn't be about the amount of mesh, but how the avatar looks in general. "Freebie Galaxy 2006"-look just not doing it for me.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 1:04 PM, Gabriele Graves said:

I bet you thought I would forget and not come back to post this. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I bet you thought I would forget and not come back to post this. :P

I would have been disappointed if you had forgotten :)

• Like 1

My second oldest gf was system when I met her and she looked great. I finally persuaded her into a Lara, which she loves, but I doubt her face could be bettered or matched by a mesh head.  

The guy I've had most to do with here is system, and refuses to spend money. He looks ok but the lack of facial animations and whiter than white eyes is freaky.

Most of the guys I talk to don't see mesh as a big deal. Those that do tend to overdo the bodybuilding. Mr mesh average guy  next door is out there, but elusive.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2019 at 3:49 PM, Matty Luminos said:

For me, it's not necessarily mesh, it's any signs that a person has devoted time and effort into making their avatar personal, and not just a cookie-cutter off-the-freebie-shelf thing. It's not mesh that proves investment, it's imagination.

i agree with matty.   its the imagination that it takes to design your avatar mesh or not... even whats in your profile to make it your own.  its the person behind the avatar that counts though we are looking at the avatar ultimately