smiles ?  ....Hiya there gorgeous!:)
how are you going?
i know this is really really random but i saw you in this sim  so there you are .....? ?im looking for nice serious Girl from 24 to 36 not trans ok  for long term relationship im open for RLnSL ? ? if you interest so... hit me with IMs im serious about that i want build family really family not fake one with fake relationship
im super excited

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Sorry, but what is the purpose of this post?

If you want to talk to the girl, IM her directly.

I think he's presenting a hypothetical/roleplay situation, one in which 'you' could be that girl that succumbs to his charms and is excited about building a serious relationship with.

At least that's how I interpreted it anyway.

Edited by wesleytron
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, hanzoo16 said:

Hiya there gorgeous!:)

Waves a hand dismissively. Oh, you. Blushes and begins to fan myself with the previously dismissive hand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 13

5 hours ago, hanzoo16 said:

nice serious Girl from 24 to 36

34 minutes ago, usedcars said:

not trans...   ☹️

I fail the "nice" and "serious" parts along with the age restriction.
If the age was between 42 and 63 I would be in!

And for what it's worth, Sarah, if I were looking for a girlfriend I would be chasing you so hard.

Just don't tell Clover I said that >.>
:D

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, hanzoo16 said:

how are you going?
i know this is really really random but i saw you in this sim  so there you are .....? ?im looking for nice serious Girl from 24 to 36 not trans ok  for long term relationship im open for RLnSL ? ? if you interest so... hit me with IMs im serious about that i want build family really family not fake one with fake relationship
im super excited

First off; I was... flattered by your message, but falling outside that age bracket I had to politely decline (and the RL thing is a no as well). But thanks anyway. :) 

Second; Setting age restrictions before you have a chance to get to meet is a little off-putting. I can understand not wanting to attract anyone under-aged but beyond that what does age matter? Maturity differs from person to person. Sure some age groups are easier to talk to. Some look "better". But doesn't that really depend on the person? You sound like you're a job agency not looking for a potential life partner.

Starting off with the intention of heading into real life is also likely to be off-putting for some. While honesty is good, in my personal opinion you're looking too far into the future too soon. That's a lot of pressure to place on a relationship that hasn't even entered into the friendship stage yet. You're also going to make the other person question if every encounter they have with you is because you actually care for them or you're just using them because you want a relationship and family.

Regarding that family and wanting a real family not a fake one; is this a real life family outside of SL? Would a RL dating site not be more beneficial? Or do you mean you would like to start a family inside of SL that feels for all intents and purposes "real"? You might want to edit your original post so that your intentions are clearer if you hope to attract others who feel the same way.

One other thing. Don't be too available. Being excited is great. Being super-excited is starting to feel weird. If you're over-invested in the relationship you're also more likely to get far more hurt than the other person if things don't go the way you plan. And your plan doesn't seem to leave much room for things to grow and develop naturally; you want what you want how you want it. You're absolutely entitled to chase after the future you really want, but be careful that your restrictions and excitability doesn't attract those just as keen for someone to love them and they don't care who they get. Without standards or without that special connection that comes when friendships grow into something more, your relationship is going to end up feeling very shallow and not very real in the way you might have hoped for.

With all that said the dating world in RL and SL can be a fickle beast so I do wish you the best of luck! :) 

• Like 4

how are you going?
im super excited

Imagine having the grammar competence of 12 year old Runescape players...

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, PekeNL said:

Imagine having the grammatical competence of 12 year old Runescape players ...

You're welcome.

Edited by Orwar
Underlined for emphasis.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Orwar said:

You're welcome.

Knew it. Thanks for the correction. English is not my native language. Thankfully its not nearly as bad as what was mentioned above.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, PekeNL said:

Imagine having the grammar competence of 12 year old Runescape players...

One thing that second life has taught me is that in my country America, we're pretty lazy when it comes to learning foreign languages.  I've gone all the way through 3 years of college and was never required to take a foreign language class.  I can't read, write or speak anything but English & even then I know I'm lacking.   So even though the original posters message was humorous to some of us,  I understood what he meant and what he wanted.  I'd be in big trouble if I had to try to express myself in another language past what Google translate can provide.

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

One thing that second life has taught me is that my country America we're pretty lazy when it comes to foreign languages.  I've gone all the way through college and was never required to take a foreign language class.  I can't read, write or speak anything but English & even then I know I'm lacking.   So even though the original posters message was humorous to some of us,  I understood what he meant and what he wanted.  I'd be in big trouble if I had to try to express myself in another language past what Google translate can provide.

Reminds me of a joke I once heard.

what do you call someone who speaks several languages?       Multilingual

what do you call someone who speaks two languages?         Bilingual

what do you.call someone who speaks one language?         An American

Edited by Talligurl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

One thing that second life has taught me is that in my country America, we're pretty lazy when it comes to learning foreign languages.

To be fair, Second Life also teaches us that the vast majority of Americans are pretty lazy even when it comes to their first language. I had to break up with an ex when she accused me of using 'big words' when I told her that an ellipsis on its own wasn't a valid form of communicating.

Here, you don't get to finish elementary school unless you're able to converse fluently in both English and Swedish, and for good measure you're made to pick a third language. Not that it's very impressive in itself - the German I was taught in elementary school extends to a lullaby and a Christmas carol.

Wie viel Uhr ist es?
   Das ist kein Filur, das ist mein Bruder!

• Like 3

America has a lot of people who came from many nations and they speak 2nd languages all the time. I'm pretty sure the US in total speaks more languages than any other country.

But in response to the original post, he comes across as selfish and tone deaf as he brushes aside everything about SL as fake. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

I'm pretty sure the US in total speaks more languages than any other country.

According to Google, it's Papua New Guinea, with 820 languages. USA comes in on the 5th spot, behind India, Nigeria and Indonesia.

27 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Es ist Zeit, dich in Brand zu stecken!

Ich bin immer in Flammen. Das Leben ist Krieg, und ich bin immer an der Spitze!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Bree Giffen said:

America has a lot of people who came from many nations and they speak 2nd languages all the time. I'm pretty sure the US in total speaks more languages than any other country.

But in response to the original post, he comes across as selfish and tone deaf as he brushes aside everything about SL as fake. 

I didn't specify it, but what I meant to convey was in teaching a 2nd language.  I wasn't referring to immigrants.  

*edit- no I did specify it- I said it as such that we don't put emphasis in learning a language outside English.

Edited by Pixie Kobichenko

7 hours ago, Orwar said:

[...] I had to break up with an ex when she accused me of using 'big words' when I told her that an ellipsis on its own wasn't a valid form of communicating [...]

... 🤔

(Do notice I added an emoji for further elaboration. Don’t break me!)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

I didn't specify it, but what I meant to convey was in teaching a 2nd language.  I wasn't referring to immigrants.  

*edit- no I did specify it- I said it as such that we don't put emphasis in learning a language outside English.

I find that rather strange since foreign languages have always been a required course in high schools in the US. One school I attended, you were required to take at least one foreign language every semester. And that was in grammar school. As a result, I had French and Spanish classes before I ever even got to junior high. 

To my knowledge requiring a foreign language course in high school has never changed.

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I find that rather strange since foreign languages have always been a required course in high schools in the US. One school I attended, you were required to take at least one foreign language every semester. And that was in grammar school. As a result, I had French and Spanish classes before I ever even got to junior high. 

To my knowledge requiring a foreign language course in high school has never changed.

I was home schooled and neither of my parents spoke anything other than English and Gibberish. The latter is not recognized as a language, particularly by those who speak it. So, I learned a bit of German from my emergency backup mom. And I learned Basic, Fortran and C from Dad. My engineering school required some proficiency in a foreign language, including programming languages. I demonstrated that proficiency by writing a C program, with comments in German, that used English words and phrases to produce... Gibberish.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Still learning English.
  • Haha 2