Hello, 

my avatar is a vampire, and I haven’t been on for a year. I drank the vending machine but need to save linden, with permission am I allowed to bite random humans or will it effect their avatar? I don’t want to ruin anybody else’s game,

i won’t bite unless they said I can 

Unless whatever system you're using is vastly different to others, it will pop up a thing to people with a bite request, and it will annoy them. Many places ended up banning such systems because they annoyed other people. So best to keep it to the vampire roleplay regions, with people who've agreed to take part.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Not the "victim"?

Nope, apparently after the SPAMpires started getting some flak they started some weirdo 'honour code' thing that kept you from SPAMming and paying your pyramid fees instead. Funny enough some even seem to take punitive actions upon those who brought begging vampires into the families...

It's all a big mess LOL.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sweetiethesecond said:

Hello, 

my avatar is a vampire, and I haven’t been on for a year. I drank the vending machine but need to save linden, with permission am I allowed to bite random humans or will it effect their avatar? I don’t want to ruin anybody else’s game,

I would rather not be a part of your RP either directly or indirectly. That applies to all of my alts as well. No, I will not list my alts nor will you find that information on any of my profiles.

Disclosure

Sharing personal information about other users, either directly or indirectly, without their consent—including, but not limited to, gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual orientation, alternate account names (including account statuses, such as whether it is on hold, suspended, or active), and real-world location beyond what is provided by them in their user profile—is not allowed. Except for the purpose of reporting abuse or any violation of policies to Linden Lab, the remote monitoring, posting or sharing of conversations without a participant’s consent are prohibited.

https://www.lindenlab.com/legal/community-standards

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Sweetiethesecond said:

with permission am I allowed to bite random humans or will it effect their avatar? I don’t want to ruin anybody else’s game,

I don't know what message people receive when they get a bite request these days, but an inexperienced newbie (or even an inexperienced oldbie!) who accepts the bite in a "oh this is fun!" sort of way might not know what the full ramifications of accepting a bite request entails. It might not affect their SL avatar per se, but it may affect on what terms they themselves get to play the vampire game if they chose to do so at some future time. By which I mean, for example, that they might find that their 'soul' is already no longer theirs and is owned by some random stranger they met two years ago.

I know I'd be annoyed if, at the point I decided to start playing a game, I then found out that I've actually already unknowingly been playing it for some time already and get told I might have to buy my 'soul' back from the random stranger who took it from me.

Note: none of this has ever happened to me and I've never played the game, but I've heard stories along those lines before.

Edited by wesleytron
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Sweetiethesecond said:

my avatar is a vampire, and I haven’t been on for a year.

What kind of vampire? If you're a Bloodlines vampire, and have been away for a year, just drinking blood won't restore you to un-life.

2 hours ago, Sweetiethesecond said:

I am glad I asked this! I would hate to ruin anybody’s game, I’m trying to find a new clan to join right now but haven’t had luck :/

Wish I could help but being a vampire in SL stopped appealing to me when I started looking into it. Look into the early history of Bloodlines to understand why.

i would say many regions have the rule - you bite we ban..just sayin

so stay in your vampire regions when hunting

6 hours ago, Sweetiethesecond said:

Hello, 

1F9DC6CA-0EFB-4757-8F5D-66B7AFDF9464.jpeg

Bite me, and I'll drive a stake through your undead heart.  Just sayin'.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Bite me, and I'll drive a stake through your undead heart.

What about nibbling?

15 hours ago, Sweetiethesecond said:

Hello, 

At least you had the good sense to ask first. That already sets you apart from a majority of your Vamp kind. I'm not sure Bloodlines has as much popularity these days as it once did, I could be (and probably am) wrong about that. I remember being spammed horrendously as a noob. Maybe chubby suburban mothers aren't their fare of choice... not that I'm complaining.

I would repeat what others have said in that as a general rule of thumb before you "do" anything to or with another avatar (regardless what clan you belong to or species you play) its always advisable to get their permission first; but being spammed by requests from random strangers just seems odd to me too. I have seen regions or parcels that advertise themselves as 'Bloodlines friendly' but can't recall what they were since the second I see that sign I'm out of there. But maybe places like that would be easy to find in Search? Don't know. It's worth a look if you need another option outside your Vamp family?

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Bite me, and I'll drive a stake through your undead heart.  Just sayin'.

This is how it always begins...

6 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

For you, Orwar, nibbling is Permitted.

This is how people hope it ends...but never do they imagine this:

3789968-David-Wellington-Quote-Vampires-

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

That already sets you apart from a majority of your Vamp kind. I'm not sure Bloodlines has as much popularity these days as it once did, I could be (and probably am) wrong about that. I remember being spammed horrendously as a noob.

When Bloodlines was new, people didn't know how to engage it in a decent way, and everyone just went for the 'let's try to bite as many people as possible and hope to get some souls along the way!' route. Bloodlines is still doing well, even if the amount of players have decreased (mostly it's those spampires who got tired of getting banned from half the grid and just gave up). Most (but not all) Bloodlines players today combine it with RP and community building, which is where it really shines - Bloodlines itself has been expanded and these days include lycans (werewolves), angels and demons.

The only reason people still have the vampire phobia today is due to 'oldies' remembering the spampire days and warning every new player they meet to beware the vampires (a bit like old superstitious people used to warn me of trolls in the forest when I was little!), and because it's perpetuated through the practice of the 'NO BITING OR WE BAN' signs people put up at their venues.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

This is how it always begins...

This is how people hope it ends...but never do they imagine this:

3789968-David-Wellington-Quote-Vampires-

Define "real vampires", though. The term 'vampire' these days tend to cover different mythological creatures from all over the world, all with their own attributes. The 'modern' vampire (as in, Dracula) is 'mostly' based on South-Slavic folklore, but is very cherry-picked. The Twilight 'vampire', I assume, is based on a bad acid trip.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

"Can I bite a Human?"

Sure, just don't tell anyone you did 😉

love_and_blood_-_vampire_woman_biting_he

That must be the rare Unifang; a subspecies rapidly disappearing from deficiency of nourishment.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Orwar said:

Define "real vampires", though. The term 'vampire' these days tend to cover different mythological creatures from all over the world, all with their own attributes. The 'modern' vampire (as in, Dracula) is 'mostly' based on South-Slavic folklore, but is very cherry-picked. The Twilight 'vampire', I assume, is based on a bad acid trip.

haha, no I don't think I am going that that rabbit hole.  I am happy to leave "real vampire" undefined.

The person whom I quoted, obviously thought adding that part would give it extra emphasis.  I don't think it was necessary, in fact it detracts somewhat, and the effect of the quote at least achieves what I wanted to say without it.  I will not be offended if you want to pretend the quote has that part struck out.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

That must be the rare Unifang; a subspecies rapidly disappearing from deficiency of nourishment.

Pheww, at least you didn't comment on how bad the fake blood is and clearly looks like strawberry syrup!

• Haha 1

Just now, Gabriele Graves said:

Pheww, at least you didn't comment on how bad the fake blood is and clearly looks like strawberry syrup!

If you set your viewer to B/W, you can get away with chocolate syrup.