Cannot rez a clump object

Kylie Dorival

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I "soft-linked" several objects into a clump object and took it to inventory. It contained about 150 prims, and some of the objects are very valuable and no-copy. When I rez the object, it disappears from inventory, the computer thinks for awhile, and then the object is returned to my inventory unrezzed. There is no message in chat or in a drop-down. I fear I may have lost all the objects in the clump.

Is there a way to make this clump rez so that I can recover the objects in it? (1) Parcel capacity is not the issue. The object is about 150 prims, and I have much much more prim availability. (2) Space is not the issue. I am rezzing it to the center of a location that has much more space than the original prims took. (3) I tried rezzing it in 2 different sandbox areas, and the same thing occurred.

I would be grateful for any help or information to solve this problem.

Kylie

3 answers to this question

If you are ever having trouble with a coalesced object, submit a support case ( or, better if you are Premium -- contact Live Chat ).  Linden Lab has tools to help, or they can give you access to the Unpackistan region, where you can usually rez large, complex objects.

One problem with coalesced objects is if they contain any Linden Plants (the ugly looking plants you can rez directly from the Build window).  Most places don't allow them, for reasons that have never been clear to me.  Torley Linden maintains a sandbox where Linden Plants can be rezzed.  Try here: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Here/7/7/69

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.