Maximum avatar limits ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, one region, at least today, can - in theory - hold up to 100 agents, according to http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Limits#Land at least. If you put a stage at the conjunction of four adjacent regions (well, stage in one of them) you can keep 400 agents around it... but most probably simulator would not be able to run too stable in such environment. Nonetheless, maybe that's what your friend had in mind?

Edited by panterapolnocy
  • Like 1

Maybe a typo, 40 would sound more believable - I never saw more than 150 avatars at once , not even at the firestorm major events area which would feature that 4 sim corner setup @panterapolnocy mentioned.

However really crazy stuff like SLXB events maybe could have that big number

Edited by Fionalein

22 minutes ago, panterapolnocy said:

July 2008 states that the limit was/is 100 (if enabled, I guess - and per "island")

+ 10% premium bonus allotment + owners 

I think the highest I ever saw was either 109 or 112, cannot remember the details though and yes it was laggy as hell.

PS: what actually is posible is 400 people tuning in to the stream however (from other regions/outside SL)

Edited by Fionalein

Nonprofit Commons had a region-opening party in spring 2008 that got up to between 70 - 75 avatars. The region was fairly simple, but at that point things just stopped. A couple of Lindens came in and tried to fix it, but in the end they restarted the region. I doubt anyone could get to 100 for long.

ETA: Fairly recently I've been on a region that was near 100 avatars and I could still move around. There weren't many resource-hogging avatars though.

Edited by Parhelion Palou
Felt like it

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.