Rez a Prim...Get Rid of Lag?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, as I branched out into renting inworld booths for my items, I noticed lag greatly reduced on the sim where I have my items rezzed.  Whereas, when I make "rounds" to visit other sims, I have lag all the time and for me takes nearly forever to rez.  Sims full of shopping booths I can't rez in, only if I rent there and have items rezzed.

So, I got to thinking...to reduce lag, could each person rez a prim that say is on a timed delete, and that way everyone at the event or dance or whatever it may be would have no lag because they rezzed a prim in their name.

Could/would it work to reduce or even eliminate lag temporarily while each avatar is at a certain event?

Thanks for any input on this.    

• Haha 1

Some sims perform better than others and I think your prims being rezzed is just a coincidence, and not a factor.

Timed delete would be a script, on a timer, which is one of the many culprits of lag.

The sim where you have your items rezzed either has less to rez, has less traffic, has better performing/fewer scripts, or has built up in your cache more than others. Or perhaps something else.

I really don't think prim owner name is relevant to rez time or lag.

1 hour ago, Fionalein said:

I think it has other reasons, like you spending more time and keeping textures more in cache in sims you are familar with.

Textures in cache or spending more time.  

Textures in cache sounds logical.  However, that is not the case.  When I go to visit the shopping sims I used to rent which rezzed fine when I had a store, don't rez hardly at all or takes however and day, and/or a log back in and out, tweaking my draw distance and all kinds of stuff.  But, when I rented there I had no problems and could rez the whole sim.

As far as spending more time...I have visited some of the same clubs I have visited since I started and nothing has changed.  The lag is still horrid.

I will talk to Firestorm inworld to see if there is anything I can do to have a better SL experience.  

My avatar complexity is very low with just about mesh everything and no scripts.  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.