New Linden Homes

LindaEmilia17

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Daniel Voyager said:

It's 8.15am SLT and at least six Moles (blue dots) are already working on the new regions

Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays I think are release days. 

Can we try to keep this stuff to one thread, pretty please? And maybe not report the Moles' movements in order to discourage certain people from harassing them or getting excited about a release that may or may not (more than likely) be happening? Thank you!! 🙂

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, wesleytron said:

Well... if the moles feel they are getting harassed then they can file an abuse report.

If they're not sure how, guidance is available here:

😊

They have access to all the tools they need to deal with those who bother them but that doesn't mean it doesn't interrupt their work and concentration when they have to stop to deal with it. 

• Like 4

• Moles

Just your regular reminder that, if you see several of us working on a region, it's highly unlikely to be released that day.     I'm probably the last LDPW mole involved in the release process and all I know is that, after I've finished my stuff and signed off on it, that means that, in the normal course of events, that region should be released in the next week or so, but that's as much as I do know.     We don't know when releases are scheduled and we normally learn only when we see people talking about it here and the in-world groups.

By the time LL release a new region, we've just about forgotten about it because we're too busy getting the next tranche ready to notice.       

• Like 2
  • Thanks 14

2 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Or ppl can just be decent human beings and not harass them.

No one spoke about harrasing them but you and Beth ... your inclination to see the worst in all of humankind shows again ...

True here are folks obsessed with harrassing others but then there are folks obsessed with the very idea others might get harrassed.

Edited by Fionalein

And there are folks obsessed with sticking their two cents in on topics they have no personal stake in, i.e., do not have a Linden home and are not trying for one, but feel compelled to continue stirring in the threads about the homes. It's the circle of life. :)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

No one spoke about harrasing them but you and Beth ... your inclination to see the worst in all of humankind shows again ...

True here are folks obsessed with harrassing others but then there are folks obsessed with the very idea others might get harrassed.

I don't have time to do the work for you, Fiona, but there are plenty of other topics in this forum where the Moles have indeed spoken about the harassment they get, often to the very same people doing the harassing. 

I'm obsessed with being a decent, kind human being and not being an ass to employees when they're working. This is not limited to Moles or Lindens. I even try not to be an ass to people when they aren't working. 

It's obvious you have an issue with me. I've offered to discuss that off these forums more than once because this really isn't the place for it. You don't know a thing about me, yet you've decided that I see the worst of all in humankind? For asking someone to not post information that could, and has in the past, led to the Moles being driven crazy with well-meaning, and some not-so-well-meaning, residents? 

You need to take a seat.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

No one deserves to be harassed. I usually don't go out of my way, though, defending them (the Internet is simply too big a place). But harassing the Moles is a definite no-go area, far as I'm concerned. And telling them they can just file an AR (another thing, btw, they really don't need someone's unsolicited advice about, as I'm pretty sure they already know they can do that), that's, if not equally shameless, pretty on the low end too. Which was what my tl;dr-ed comment was all about: ppl shouldn't even think about harassing Moles to begin with.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

Or they can block off all public access to the work in progress sims as i believe has been mentioned before

This is my greatest fear: that someone will push their buttons too hard, and ruin it for us all. :( 

• Like 5

Oops. Apologies. I didn't realise there was history and I didn't mean to cause offence.

19 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

And telling them they can just file an AR (another thing, btw, they really don't need someone's unsolicited advice about, as I'm pretty sure they already know they can do that), that's, if not equally shameless, pretty on the low end too.

Yes.. my post was meant in jest - a joke in which I was presenting myself with faux ignorance and to be laughed at for suggesting the moles even remotely needed my advice and guidance. I'm fully aware that they don't need it! I wasn't trying to patronise them; rather I myself was meant to be the butt of the joke. I put a smiley at the bottom of my post, but I guess it wasn't enough to set my intended tone.

I wasn't aware there was a history of actual mole harassment and that is certainly not something I intended to be dismissive of. Again I apologise. I intended no offence to the moles or anyone.

Edited by wesleytron
  • Like 11

5 minutes ago, wesleytron said:

Oops. Apologies. I didn't realise there was history and I didn't mean to cause offence.

Yes.. my post was meant in jest - a joke in which I was presenting myself with faux ignorance and to be laughed at for suggesting the moles even remotely needed my advice and guidance. I'm fully aware that they don't need it! I wasn't trying to patronise them; rather I myself was meant to be the butt of the joke. I put a smiley at the bottom of my post, but I guess it wasn't enough to set my intended tone.

I wasn't aware there was a history of actual mole harassment and that is certainly not something I intended to be dismissive of. Again I apologise. I intended no offence to the moles or anyone.

Okay, no offense taken. :) And I appreciate you calmly explaining where you were coming from! 👍

Edited by kiramanell
Will I ever make a post without typos?!
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My appreciation and thank you to all the work the Moles have been doing for years. It is not easy at all to be delivering all those many houses in such a short period of time: yes, it might seem ages to people, but it is not. Not sure they get all the work that is behind any single home 

And of course they cannot please everybody, because guess what, nothing is perfect. I have a big stone hill behind my back yard, and I'm still alive...  @Quartz Mole, thank you, your work is amazing

@Beth Macbain, just enjoy your wonderful life. we just need to read your post to see they type of person you are

And guys, please remember, SL is supposed to be a fun nice metaverse. Please don't ruin it

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

4 hours ago, Elena Core said:

My appreciation and thank you to all the work the Moles have been doing for years. It is not easy at all to be delivering all those many houses in such a short period of time: yes, it might seem ages to people, but it is not. Not sure they get all the work that is behind any single home 

And of course they cannot please everybody, because guess what, nothing is perfect. I have a big stone hill behind my back yard, and I'm still alive...  @Quartz Mole, thank you, your work is amazing

@Beth Macbain, just enjoy your wonderful life. we just need to read your post to see they type of person you are

And guys, please remember, SL is supposed to be a fun nice metaverse. Please don't ruin it

Thank you, Elena, for that heart-warming post! ❤️ I'm sure the Moles loved to hear it; and so did I. :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just for the record I was not harassing them in any way shape or form. I have no reason to do so and for that matter for all my 12+ years in Second Life I've not wanted to cause any trouble. 

I was stating that I saw Moles working hard early in the morning building the continent we all love. I have loved what the Moles have done over the years especially with the new continent during the past year and I enjoy following the latest developments. 

It's very kind of the Moles to open the new regions while they are building the new continent down south. Myself and a big number of folks do keep a distance to let them get on with it. 

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:

I was stating that I saw Moles working hard early in the morning building the continent we all love. 

Hi Daniel, I think she was saying that saying where the Moles are working is alerting those who are tempted to harass. Maybe would have worked better as a personal message.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.