What will become of the old Premium homes?

Cackle Amore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've seen lots of buzz about the new places, but I can't help but wonder, what might ever become of the old premium homes?

While nothing really wrong with them, they certainly have become a bit outdated now for most peoples tastes being all old prim and scuplt buildings. And they layout's of the buildings are kind of a seemingly disorganized mess.

image.png.17dc3aacbbbd5dae9672d647d1a11bde.png

Could it be possible for LL to slowly swap out the buildings with new mesh recreations?

Or for an even more drastic approach, just straight up redesign the landscape and layout to be more like the new places with their respective themes in mind 

image.png.3c39ae59204cd154787731bea263af01.png

• Like 2

The current plan, as far as we know, is to remove them when the new homes are done. There was some discussion about whether they could be redone in the Linden Homes forum, and basically, it's more work than just starting fresh. We don't know if they intend to replace the old themes with equivalent new themes.

Edited by Polenth Yue
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I really like the fantasy homes from the old ones. I hope they remake those eventually.

The layout couldn't matter less to me personally (you don't really walk around in your home sim in SL, or at least I don't. I've never had neighbours visit either) so just making the plots bigger with newer plots would be enough.

Just now, Cinos Field said:

just making the plots bigger with newer plots would be enough.

it's that "just"  that's not just :)

because of the anchoring of all homes at the community grounds and not the parcels, only removing homes and rejoin parcels will be a hell of a job, building new would be faster.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

They could stick them into the library,  man I'd love to replace the house I have.

You can't get the builds themselves, but all the textures and sculpty maps for each of the homes on the Premium regions are available at the corresponding info hubs.

With those it shouldn't be too difficult to at least build approximations of the houses. The flat-roofed Meadowbrook houses should be a doddle!

• Thanks 2

I have an old-style Linden Home, which I find very useful for its LI allowance. But I also have a mainland 512m² parcel which I'd be loath to give up under any circumstance.

I understand that LL's intention is to do away with the old homes eventually. I do hope that they can be persuaded to either leave a few of them or to create some new 512m² homes for people who've used part of their 1024m² allowance elsewhere.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KT Kingsley said:

I do hope that they can be persuaded to either leave a few of them or to create some new 512m² homes for people who've used part of their 1024m² allowance elsewhere.

They are in the process of creating Caravans to go on a 512sqm plot they were previewed at one of the SL16B sims they aren't as spacious as the old homes. though with new homes being allowed to have a sky structure above 2000m you could rezz something more roomy

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Claireschen Hesten said:

They are in the process of creating Caravans to go on a 512sqm plot they were previewed at one of the SL16B sims they aren't as spacious as the old homes. though with new homes being allowed to have a sky structure above 2000m you could rezz something more roomy

Makes me wonder what a space themed premium home could look like.

Maybe have some canyon like design for the ground level between the home parcels.

I rebuilt the premium (lol) bungalows some years ago and dropped a copy to a LL employee. He liked them but mentioned the additional prims. Mine had included the missing comfy equipment but today i not miss them as there are on the mp many other made homes available. Or buy a model somewhere else and import it. Mesh builds are harder to threat and prim savers but i dont like the mesh idea at all. And caravans i dont like it im not homeless or some part of a trashy trailer park. The societies here should differ from rl what makes sl attractiv and tell me what plan is behind if caravans should be offered as premium homes, laugh, most of us want be treated like animals and caught in tight cages. xD

I suggest to build something again like the older premium Capybara jungles with Spanish colonial style homes and gravel trails and cobblestone drive ways. Not that much trees please. Spanish and latin style homes are already :SwingingFriends:

From the jungle to desert gave a nice change with some desert activities.

YESS, i like that!

Snapshot 06_001 capybara.png

Edited by Monday Avril
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Monday Avril said:

Tell me what plan is behind if caravans should be offered as premium homes, laugh, most of us want be treated like animals and caught in tight cages. xD

Maybe once enough unclaimed caravans are around the LDPW can claim "New Linden Homes demand was met. Need proof? Unclaimed Caravans." ... :ph34r:

On a serious note, no idea - Forums people are all crazy about them though - but I doubt a significant number will switch to them when the time comes. Only time will tell ...

Haha, that is a good one :D I respect that if some employees are liked to help a part of the u.s. society but their sad rl had not to come into here. The thing to get the `impossible` is the attraction of a game. Or name it as you like. Peace

\edit

Or once `the demand is reached`as you wrote they can sell them on mp to drive thru sl as sausage stand. Weisswurst and Water. xD

Edited by Monday Avril

On 7/29/2019 at 3:58 PM, Monday Avril said:

And caravans i dont like it im not homeless or some part of a trashy trailer park. The societies here should differ from rl what makes sl attractiv and tell me what plan is behind if caravans should be offered as premium homes, laugh, most of us want be treated like animals and caught in tight cages. 

The upcoming Campers & Trailers are a bit better looking that I think you are imagining.  The biggest issue some have with them is the small size, but there actually some Premium members that only want to use 512 sqm on their Linden Home because they are already using 512 sqm elsewhere on Mainland and want to continue doing so.

On 7/29/2019 at 9:28 AM, KT Kingsley said:

I have an old-style Linden Home, which I find very useful for its LI allowance. But I also have a mainland 512m² parcel which I'd be loath to give up under any circumstance.

I understand that LL's intention is to do away with the old homes eventually. I do hope that they can be persuaded to either leave a few of them or to create some new 512m² homes for people who've used part of their 1024m² allowance elsewhere.

You'll find pictures of the 8 different Camper / Trailer homes in this thread:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Trailers are in my country often used for camping or in rural areas as dog- or goat -house. Or the men throw their old tires into. xD 

Seriously, i stumpled upon a creator who makes so nice homes but this weird taxation thing keeps me away to spend any amount here. The shop names Trompe loil..l`oeil O.o by Cory Edo There are some decent a-frame others and a river home, her designs should be taken in count for new premium homes.

Edited by CandyStarcore

2 hours ago, CandyStarcore said:

Trailers are in my country often used for camping or in rural areas as dog- or goat -house. Or the men throw their old tires into. xD 

Seriously, i stumpled upon a creator who makes so nice homes but this weird taxation thing keeps me away to spend any amount here. The shop names Trompe loil..l`oeil O.o by Cory Edo There are some decent a-frame others and a river home, her designs should be taken in count for new premium homes.

The Trompe Loeil  LODs would not fit the criteria of the Linden design team. They are often VERY pretty though; agreed and some of my favorites.   

The Linden homes are made to be seen at long distances by EVERYONE, even those on a marginal computer that has to run at LOD1 or 1.25.    Trompe Loeil homes are made for LOD2 - LOD4 depending on the model. 

Personally I like a couple styles of the trailers very much.  If they aren't to you liking I  guess you will need to wait for the NEXT new design to come out.   There may eventually be an A-frame, but I don't expect them to follow the Trompe Loeil texture parameters either.  There is always your own lot though!!!  

I am sure someone has already mentioned on this thread that we have been told for many months that the original Linden Homes WILL be going away which was supposedly the point of this thread.  WHEN is the question, but likely not very soon and undoubtedly with some forewarning. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I know they say the old homes are going to disappear but I hope it will be a long long time. I have been in my older Linden Home for years and dearly love it.

I looked at the new homes and don’t like them, well I can’t really say I don’t like them, its more like I hate them. The tiny little rooms that “For Me” are completely useless, I have no interest at all in decorating, I just can’t do it.

I made an alt Premium for a month and got a new home rather easily, very lucky I guess. I put up a sky box and wow do the people in Bellisseria love their sky boxes, they were everywhere!

Hopefully the Lab will make future homes with more room in them, or I guess I could just leave it empty and live in a sky box. That is what my alt did for the three or four days she had her house in Bellisseria, then she abandoned it and went back to Basic.

3 hours ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

The older homes will go, we've been told that. However, I would think you have quite a while before that happens.

My hazy, fuzzy memory recalls that Patch made a hazy-fuzzy statement to that effect of them going away after a "year or two" - so figure 2021, or 2022 before they are all sunk.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

My hazy, fuzzy memory recalls that Patch made a hazy-fuzzy statement to that effect of them going away after a "year or two" - so figure 2021, or 2022 before they are all sunk.

@Alyona Su, right, if I'm not mistaken, he mentioned they would keep the old homes for a couple of years.

However, since there are more and more new homes/houseboats being released every week, and the Campers/tiny homes are about to be launched, maybe the time might be reduced, since the demand would be lower. 

• Like 1

"What will become became of the old Premium homes?"

And it came to pass that soon after the entire population of the original Linden Homes had migrated away for a chance at better living in the new world, a natural disaster of epic proportions occurred.  The combination of massive earthquake followed by a tsunami that can only be described as "WTF!" sank the whole continent beneath the waves forever.  It is still said that on certain nights, you can still see the lights from thousands homes shinning from under the new sea.  It is now a preferred destination for divers who explore the depths attempting to find left over artefacts and forgotten treasures.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

And it came to pass that soon after the entire population of the original Linden Homes had migrated away for a chance at better living in the new world, a natural disaster of epic proportions occurred.  The combination of massive earthquake followed by a tsunami that can only be described as "WTF!" sank the whole continent beneath the waves forever.  It is still said that on certain nights, you can still see the lights from thousands homes shinning from under the new sea.  It is now a preferred destination for divers who explore the depths attempting to find left over artefacts and forgotten treasures.

Finally, a continent for the merfolk!

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Teagan Tobias said:

I know they say the old homes are going to disappear but I hope it will be a long long time. I have been in my older Linden Home for years and dearly love it.

I looked at the new homes and don’t like them, well I can’t really say I don’t like them, its more like I hate them. The tiny little rooms that “For Me” are completely useless, I have no interest at all in decorating, I just can’t do it.

I made an alt Premium for a month and got a new home rather easily, very lucky I guess. I put up a sky box and wow do the people in Bellisseria love their sky boxes, they were everywhere!

Hopefully the Lab will make future homes with more room in them, or I guess I could just leave it empty and live in a sky box. That is what my alt did for the three or four days she had her house in Bellisseria, then she abandoned it and went back to Basic.

Patch had mentioned that there would be at least 8 themes, and quite a few folks have asked for large open houses like the old ones.

He also said that the old homes would not go away until there was definitely enough for everyone to have one, with surplus.

• Like 6

On 7/31/2019 at 11:54 AM, Gabriele Graves said:

But... no one has ever found Atlantis or any Atlantean artifacts...

Oh...

right.

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.