usedcars

SL relationship rules

On 7/29/2019 at 1:20 PM, Ren Toxx said:

Stamina.

The rest is negotiable.

Who needs more stamina in an SL D/s relationship? Whoever needs to type more? Asking for a friend.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Headbanging and air-drumming doesn't count as dancing, does it?

I reckon it does, but air guitar is better. I once refused to believe I'd been so drunk I climbed onto a table and air guitared to Living on a Prayer, but there was photographic proof.

Someone insinuated earlier today on another thread that I need a life. He may have a point.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Orwar said:

Well I know that I'm damned if I never get out,
   And maybe I'm damned if I do,
   But with every other beat that I've got left in my heart,
   You know I want to be damned with you.

Though, I'm not much of a dancer. Headbanging and air-drumming doesn't count as dancing, does it?

ac2c9641beabc7457f8ca78a06c2fabd.gif

Headbanging and drumming is awesome!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

I reckon it does, but air guitar is better. I once refused to believe I'd been so drunk I climbed onto a table and air guitared to Living on a Prayer, but there was photographic proof.

Someone insinuated earlier today on another thread that I need a life. He may have a point.

That was you?! :o

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

That was you?! :o

Manchester, a few years ago, on a freezing winter night? Yeah. That was the best beer jacket I've ever worn!

• Haha 2

Honesty, monogamy, the ability to talk about a lot of things, respect for my RL, and ... oh yes, some skill at emoting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/31/2019 at 12:09 AM, amo711 said:
Connection, Connection, Connection!
Being able to speak the same language is a plus! Google translate can only go so far.

I'm pretty laid back, if I smile when I see you log in, I don't mind jumping in your box and letting you know. However if it takes you two hours to reply, and I'm not saying once or twice, but if it's a pattern, then I assume you're not as into me as I am into you. I'll lose interest pretty fast.

Sense of humor!

Dance with me, nothing worse than meeting someone that you have a spark with, and they can't be caught dancing at a club. Just let go and have fun with it.

Always be honest with your boundaries and your needs, I can't read minds, and I don't take hints easily. Just say it, you would be surprised what people are okay with, IF you are honest about it. If we're not a match romantically we may become great friends.

Don't hit on my friends, that just makes for an awkward situation for everyone.

I'm fully meshed, so I tend to find myself attracted to someone who is the same. Someone with the same style, but I'm not overly picky about that stuff. I don't like being told what to wear and I don't tell anyone else what to wear either. However, if I see something at a fair or a shop that I think would look hot af, you can bet I'm gonna send you a link or a screenshot. If you're not into it, NO WORRIES.

all i can say is Ditto!!!

it is tough sometimes just like in real life when you meet some one who you like that is an emotional wreck from previous relationships and you are trying to tell them or show them through your actions that you are different

Sometimes the connection is there and sometimes it's not. People need to grow up and understand that. For me, as I've said before I HAVE to feel that connection and if I don't then I'm sorry, there will be NO romance.

Posted (edited)

It's been years since I was involved with anyone and I really don't know if it could happen again.  It's hard to trust people when betrayal comes so easily to so many.  I certainly don't want someone around me all the time, much less controlling me, but that isn't because I want to engage in affairs or playing around.  Likewise I need to trust that my partner has room to breathe but isn't trying to make up for something he feels is lacking between us.

I'm old-fashioned and principled; words like fidelity, truth, and duty have meaning for me.  If that means that my standards are too high for anyone then I'd rather remain alone.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Text enhancement.
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

It's been years since I was involved with anyone and I really don't know if it could happen again.  It's hard to trust people when betrayal comes so easily to so many.  I certainly don't want someone around me all the time, much less controlling me, but that isn't because I want to engage in affairs or playing around.  Likewise I need to trust that my partner has room to breathe but isn't trying to make up for something he feels is lacking between us.

I'm old-fashioned and principled; words like fidelity, truth, and duty have meaning for me.  If that means that my standards are too high for anyone then I'd rather remain alone.

my emphasis, I absolutely agree with this!

Edited by anniepany
fix something
  • Like 1

On 7/29/2019 at 4:56 AM, BelindaN said:

Guys who are content to keep it inside SL seem to be rare. Inevitably they start asking about RL, which is the kiss of death. Girls are much less inclined to ask anything, which makes for good long term friendships. And there's much more to talk about, like shopping, fashion, photos, guys blah blah blah.

All I seek here is good friendships, sometimes with benefits if we click. For me, any more than that would suffocate my independance. I come here for absolute freedom and an escape from RL, where I have plenty of responsibilities. 😌

What she said (eloquently) :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That we connect and it's forced.

That we both can make each other laugh. Those who laugh together stay together!

That we don't seek to change the other. Encourage each other to improve, sure but do not go into a relationship wanting to change or "fix" the other person. 

And most importantly: BE HONEST!

Come to think of it all these things count for real too.

Posted (edited)

I usually decide on a relationship in SL on the whole package.  how we get a long in SL, your reaction, avatar even from examining your profile.   everyone does things different in SL

Edited by ballparkdogg