Pictures in Inventory are all same shape! Don't Fit PICKS!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You cant change the shape, every time it is saved in inventory even from your computer it is saved as a square shape just a matter of how big it is!

There are no tools within SL to change them to fit to PICKS where people are supposed to look at them, so they always look distorted.

1 hour ago, Devin1983 said:

You cant change the shape, every time it is saved in inventory even from your computer it is saved as a square shape just a matter of how big it is!

There are no tools within SL to change them to fit to PICKS where people are supposed to look at them, so they always look distorted.

If you are trying to get your profile picture so that it looks good in Firestorm (3:2 ish ratio) then you can make your profile picture 600 x 400 pixels. When you upload it --- it becomes 512 x 512 (no way around that). BUT when you put in in your profile it will look "correct". Note that those using the Linden viewer will see the photo as square (unless that has changed as I don't use the Linden Viewer).

Example: 

718848466_profilepic.thumb.jpg.246261498cb5eabce95fa9b115657469.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Linden is still 1:1

When they update profiles I hope they can finally pick an aspect ratio and stick to it everywhere. Personally I prefer square .. but at this point I would just like consistency.

I agree: Views need the same aspect ratio on all profile images across the board. Even Firestorm is not consistent! Ugh. I like square also. I usually do a square profile as that seems to be the default on most viewer (all that I use, anyway). I cannot speak to Black Dragon as I've only tried it for an hour or so, which means Firestorm (as far as I know) is the only one with a 3:2 profile ratio for the profile image. 

Profile pictures in BD are square now with the introduction of legacy profiles. I've seen that there was some code (disabled in BD) that scaled the image rectangles depending on the ratio of the picture in profile windows and since this whole profile window code came from FS i'd suspect that would explain why they aren't consistent there.

Edited by NiranV Dean

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1721 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.