Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
EstellaSerrano

Can't get into events

Recommended Posts

Are there any plans to make a queue or maybe enlarge the amount of people able to get in one region? I've been trying to get into Uber ever since it opened. I've left my computer running with an auto-teleporter for almost 20 hours now since I didn't really need the computer for anything else. And I haven't been able to get in yet. I know I'm going to get in eventually once the hype dies down, but it'd be nice to test all the demos available as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, EstellaSerrano said:

I've left my computer running with an auto-teleporter for almost 20 hours now

This makes my head hurt. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, EstellaSerrano said:

Are there any plans to make a queue or maybe enlarge the amount of people able to get in one region? I've been trying to get into Uber ever since it opened. I've left my computer running with an auto-teleporter for almost 20 hours now since I didn't really need the computer for anything else. And I haven't been able to get in yet. I know I'm going to get in eventually once the hype dies down, but it'd be nice to test all the demos available as well.

Well I got into the the MIRROR SIMS along with two alts on the first day. All are premium. 

 

So being premium would certainly help. Learning how to cam so that you can use the mirror sims and cam in is also a good skill. I doubt that there will be any changes. So if you don't want to be premium, then waiting is the answer. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Uber is having a birthday event, so it is way more packed than usual. Just wait for the rush to die down. The event goes through August 22,  I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think I've ever tried to teleport into Uber itself. I've always used one of the two cam-shopping regions alongside it, and I never have any trouble getting into those.

Right now (2:40pm SLT on a Sunday) Uber itself is filled with 40 avatars, but the two cam-shopping regions (Daze Retreat and Harajuku) still have plenty of space:

76c6379fa3adf240c1444fceef26989d.png

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

I don't think I've ever tried to teleport into Uber itself. I've always used one of the two cam-shopping regions alongside it, and I never have any trouble getting into those.

Right now (2:40pm SLT on a Sunday) Uber itself is filled with 40 avatars, but the two cam-shopping regions (Daze Retreat and Harajuku) still have plenty of space:

76c6379fa3adf240c1444fceef26989d.png

The cam shopping sims were pretty much maxed out ALSO for the first 3.5 days. It is a BIRTHDAY WITH PRESENTS :D.   This is the lowest I have seen since the opening.   

The downside of the cam shopping is that area search doesn't work on a mirror sim(?) so if you are trying to find a certain brand, you have to visually wander through a lot of booths.   But everything else seems to work fine. You need to know how to cam of course LOL.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally i wait till events quieten down before attempting to go look round. This time i went to Uber on opening day. If you must get in to events on opening day/when they are most packed premium is worth it, i got in to the main sim first try. When i went main sim was heaving and cam sims were full. Any event with a birthday round and freebies will always be much more popular than normal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you leave the teleport hammer running for a few hours you should get in eventually (are you sure it's actually running?). Could set it for one of the cam regions if you're fine with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

The downside of the cam shopping is that area search doesn't work on a mirror sim(?) so if you are trying to find a certain brand, you have to visually wander through a lot of booths.

You have to remove search restraints for "current region only" ;)

6 minutes ago, Cinos Field said:

If you leave the teleport hammer running for a few hours you should get in eventually (are you sure it's actually running?). Could set it for one of the cam regions if you're fine with that.

Isn't it funny how the thing that should remove the need for TP hammers actually increased their frequency of use?

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Right now (2:40pm SLT on a Sunday) Uber itself is filled with 40 avatars, but the two cam-shopping regions (Daze Retreat and Harajuku) still have plenty of space:

76c6379fa3adf240c1444fceef26989d.png

The cam sims are also full for non-premium members at those levels.  I have an alt I am trying to get into Uber right now and it is all full with those exact populations. :(

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, EstellaSerrano said:

I've been trying to get into Uber ever since it opened.

I feel your pain. I've been trying to get into the Mayfair restaurant in the Ritz Hotel in London for many years now, to no avail.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for cam sims. I prefer the them, and really love it when the event has been open for a couple of weeks and I have the entire sim to myself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All those pixel goods will still be there in another week after the hype dies down.  Hopefully the clothes will still be in fashion ^^

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

Hopefully the clothes will still be in fashion ^^

When everyone and their cat can buy them? Doubtful - quick hurry on to the next event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

   I did write a Jira for a queue system to enter full regions, a while back ...

XkU4Ajf.png

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Orwar said:

   I did write a Jira for a queue system to enter full regions, a while back ...

Ho dare you gnaw at the 'valuable' premium perk ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Ho dare you gnaw at the 'valuable' premium perk ;)

   I'm premium on both my accounts, still couldn't get into an event I wanted something from for 48 hours. <.<

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

I feel your pain. I've been trying to get into the Mayfair restaurant in the Ritz Hotel in London for many years now, to no avail.

Maybe next time try it during opening hours, unmasked and without tools.

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pixie Kobichenko said:

All those pixel goods will still be there in another week after the hype dies down.  Hopefully the clothes will still be in fashion ^^

this is pretty funny 😻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...