ZoeChanning

Profile Pick got me banned

59 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Hehe, okay, I will cut it out.¬†ūüė欆As for your 'pretty little Bento-enabled mesh head', that forum picture actually really does look wickedly awesome! (Mine is just a dumb screen-grab, LOL). So styllish! I mean, is there¬†anything you don't do elegantly?! Oh wait, oops, I think I just experienced a small relapse.¬†ūüėĀ

/me sighs

Ok. So, I am now officially going to be insufferable.

59 minutes ago, kiramanell said:

Should I ever encounter truly offensive stuff in someone's Picks, in all honesty, I think I'd outright ban them; like 'offensively homophobic screed,' white supremacist material, etc. Because that sort of thing simply makes them irredeemable in my eyes (to the point where I simply do not WANT to talk to them even): that type of hate-speech is deliberate, and massively beyond a simple misunderstanding. A nude picture in a Pick? I'd frown on that, if the sim I was governing were strictly 'G' rated; and I'd ask them to remove it, for sure, but I wouldnt outright ban them. And I would gently remind them, as you lined out, that you're not supposed to have outright nudity in your Profile to begin with.

I think I'm pretty much in complete agreement with you here.

Personally, nudity . . . meh, who cares? But I can understand why G, or some M rated places might object to, say, images of graphic sex. And god knows, I've seen some in people's pics. I generally just yawn and move on, but those who choose not to be exposed to such stuff by not going to A rated sims shouldn't be surprised by it when checking out someone's profile in G rated area.

Another consideration, though, might be depictions of extreme violence, although, to be honest, I don't remember ever seeing that sort of thing actually graphically rendered. But in text, on both 1st and 2nd life bios, and in picks? Yeah, for sure. But we haven't talked about text -- I'm not sure that quite the same considerations apply when it's textual rather than graphic? Or maybe they should?

As someone has pointed out, profiles ARE, I think, supposed to be "G" rated anyway, because I think the web version is open and searchable.

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

You make a very good point. Clearly, the list cannot be fully exhaustive. And sometimes -- going slightly against my own, earlier argument, LOL -- you don't always want the rules to be too precise, indeed. For instance, when usenet was still a thing, I was following a rather interesting discussion about how much spam-posts a server should allow. And one of the usenet operators said something I had never considered before. He said "Well, if we tell people the threshold of spam-ads lies at X posts, ere we start culling, then all that will do, is that, from now on, they will just make X-1 such posts."

Yep, good point about the dangers of setting thresholds.

1 hour ago, kiramanell said:

Which is really what makes your point about the existence of the Community Standards such a apt one. And, in fact, the German Penal Code actually does allow to make acts punishable, even though those acts aren't literally mentioned in the Penal Code. And I reckon for exactly the same reason you gave about nudity: sometimes it's reasonable to say ppl should have been aware that their behavior was deemed unwanted.

It would be nice if more people were more reasonable, or even just a bit considerate, wouldn't it?

Part of the problem may be the filter bubble thing: some people almost never leave the comfort and familiarity of their own particular corner of SL. For some people, graphic sexuality is just . . . normal.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

Yasss!!! Let‚Äôs cause some ruckus on the scooters. ūüėÜ

Tearing up the asphalt in Bellisseria, and squealing our tires as rip down the streets full blast at 35 clicks an hour!

Oh yeah. Born to be wild.

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
39 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

Yasss!!! Let‚Äôs cause some ruckus on the scooters. ūüėÜ

Tearing up the asphalt in Bellisseria, and squealing our tires as rip down the streets full blast at 35 clicks an hour!

I'm pumped!  Go for it!

034be9119141af1b197aa8eb26444de9.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

The only places that have or could reasonably be expected to have banned me are places I wouldn't visit anyway.  They might as well save the banning slot. :) 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Get off my lawn! shakefist.gif.070305dd498fa2142ef065b40459b757.gif

• Haha 3

On 7/28/2019 at 6:36 AM, ZoeChanning said:

I made a Pick in my profile and set it to be seen by Friends Only.ÔĽŅ

A man who was not a friend made a comment about it and I checked the setting again and it was Friends Only. I changed it, then changed it back again to hope it would be ok.

I got banned later from a sim because the Pick was a adult location.

It should have be private from people who are not friends. I delete it now because I do not want this problem again. I do not trust any more the privacy settings in my profile, it is not safe.

I use Firestorm 6.0.2 

You just need an Alt.  

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

If you ever do tear up the Bellisseria¬†roads, then I know of 'a¬†certain resident', over at the Linden Homes section of the forum, who will only be too happy to tell the Moles the roads aren't working properly.¬†ūüėĀ

(Sorry, I was having a bit too much fun for my own good)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

5 pages -wow!  Thank you, but some of it is about a story of another person but is ok, it got people to talk toegther :D

To be clear. I post because I feel privacy did not work and result I was banned from a place. I do not care I was banned because I do not care about the place, but more for safety of a privacy setting for Picks .. it did not work so can not be trusted again.

To be clear number 2. I had only one pick and now deleted. Now I have zero Picks. My Picks had a anime cartoon picture and it was not sexy, just normal, and my Picks writing was normal because profile space is not enough to finsh my profile and some people said the writing ran off and they can not read the end. They know because I talk a littl bit about Wishlist but the link fpr Wishlist is too big to show. I change that now.

This is the problem >> The location place where I made the Pick was the problem because was a adult place. I did not look and did not know or care because it was where i was when typing.. I only use for make my longer profile and did not care about the place. 

What I have learned .. Picks lie about privacy. Same some body say before already .. just believe every thing is open to see for all people. 

I hope people can understand because I am not English born, but I talk a lot :D

Edited by ZoeChanning
  • Like 4

The privacy settings in the web profiles are only for the web based profles - they work as long as the profile being viewed is a web profile.

Firestorm and other TPVs allow for (and often use by default) the "classic" profile systems - which do not alow you to set any level of privacy for your Picks (or any other section of your profile) and because the two systems are cross linked (meaning you can fill your profile out in the web system and it will still appear in the older system) you're honestly taking a gamble when using those "privacy" settings.

There is no "problem" whatsoever - not as you've described at any rate. The "problem" was with the nit who banned you over the location your pick was taken in - beginning and end of that story, nothing more needs to be said nor any explanation needed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, ZoeChanning said:

. it did not work so can not be trusted again.

It didn't work because the way you think it does work, does not exist. Those website settings do not apply to inworld legacy profiles. As I said in my previous post.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

The privacy settings in the web profiles are only for the web based profles - they work as long as the profile being viewed is a web profile.

Firestorm and other TPVs allow for (and often use by default) the "classic" profile systems - which do not alow you to set any level of privacy for your Picks (or any other section of your profile) and because the two systems are cross linked (meaning you can fill your profile out in the web system and it will still appear in the older system) you're honestly taking a gamble when using those "privacy" settings.

There is no "problem" whatsoever - not as you've described at any rate. The "problem" was with the nit who banned you over the location your pick was taken in - beginning and end of that story, nothing more needs to be said nor any explanation needed.

You were, as always, Quite Blunt, but, in this case, also actually Quite Right. :) 

3 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

It didn't work because the way you think it does work, does not exist. Those website settings do not apply to inworld legacy profiles. AsÔĽŅ I said in my previous post.

Your previous post said¬† ¬†Get off my lawn!ÔĽŅ¬†shakefist.gif.070305dd498fa2142ef065b40459b757.gif

but thank you for help.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, ZoeChanning said:

Your previous post said¬† ¬†Get off my lawn!ÔĽŅ¬†shakefist.gif.070305dd498fa2142ef065b40459b757.gif

but thank you for help.

You're welcome.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 1