y3sh

Would you date a bisexual guy on Second Life?

On 7/28/2019 at 3:02 AM, y3sh said:

or if you are a man would you date a bisexual female? i wouldn't in real life but i'm wondering if maybe since i feel a connection with this guy even though he tells me he's mostly interested in men and only 30 percent interested in women but is willing to date me because he likes me a try. i would like opinions. I am very unsure. 

When you say "female", you sound like a notep or Quark from DS9. Don't do that.

You'll question whether you should date someone until you find that you love them. Love changes things. It makes you realize all people are just people. Sexuality has nothing to do with this--it's really an issue of trust you're having.

I'm bi and I hate when people stereotype us as untrustworthy. It's something we get tagged with often in the queer community. Folks, we're just human, that's it. Some of us are lying jackasses, but that can be said about many other people on the planet, straight or not.

Edited by Aemeth Lysette
  • Like 2

On 10/23/2019 at 9:14 PM, Aemeth Lysette said:

When you say "female", you sound like a notep or Quark from DS9. Don't do that.

You'll question whether you should date someone until you find that you love them. Love changes things. It makes you realize all people are just people. Sexuality has nothing to do with this--it's really an issue of trust you're having.

I'm bi and I hate when people stereotype us as untrustworthy. It's something we get tagged with often in the queer community. Folks, we're just human, that's it. Some of us are lying jackasses, but that can be said about many other people on the planet, straight or not.

I think the liars and heartbreakers make us all look bad.   I Would date a girl who is bi.  A few have stolen my heart. 

On 7/29/2019 at 10:55 PM, ballparkdogg said:

i am a bi male in SL and havent any issues dating women and they dont care that I am bi. 

Buuuut....would you date a RL man who plays as an SL woman!

*flutters eyelids* 😅

19 hours ago, MayaSmit said:

*flutters eyelids* 😅

psst It's flutter eyelashes, not lids. :P :D

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, MayaSmit said:

*flutters eyelids* 😅

Yes i would

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MayaSmit said:

*flutters eyelids* 😅

I have and dated tgurls too.  You want to go out on an SL date??

Edited by ballparkdogg
  • Like 1

It wouldn't bother me.  I was married to a bisexual guy -- albeit without knowing -- for four years; the length of the marriage in total was nearly 10 years. 

If I were single, sexuality wouldn't enter into it past "do you really, really like me and are you single?"

That said, it's a moot point.  I'm a biological female, married to a biological male.  We both present as straight, both inworld and in RL.  We're also the parents of a gay daughter and a bisexual son, and don't really care who they date as long as that person is kind. 

Also, pet peeve:  when my son's girlfriend tells him she's making him straighter every day.  Honey, I love you, but that's not how this works.  That's not how any of this works.

In the end, just be true to yourself and upfront with the person with whom you're pursuing a relationship.  I have to admit, I'm still a bit irked my ex didn't let me know he was both bi and liked to wear women's clothes.  Would it have mattered back when we got together?  After over 20 years later, I can honestly say it wouldn't have.  I loved him.  I wouldn't have cared how he presented or what his orientation was, as long as I was his focus.  What was difficult is how he ended up treating me, which has nothing to do with either his sexual orientation or his gender presentation.

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
Math is hard.
  • Like 3

The base concept seems to have been omitted...

Why are you hooking up? If it is for play that is one thing. If it is for a serious relationship then it is another thing altogether. 

In SL people are highly promiscuous, at least that is my experience. So, I can't see forming a 'serious' relationship in SL. So, straight, bi, gay, is not an issue. It comes down to do I want them and they me... and possibly how horny I am.

The idea of 'falling in love' is sort of an odd concept. If one involuntarily FALLS in love then how does one promise not to FALL out of love? Falling in lust I understand. I am also aware of how easy lust is to get over. Often a cure for lust is just one orgasm away... 

18 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

psst It's flutter eyelashes, not lids. :P :D

Hahahaha! Yes even better! What a fail at trying to be cute. My flirting game needs serious work. 🤣

*awkwardly shuffles away*

12 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Why are you hooking up? If it is for play that is one thing. If it is for a serious relationship then it is another thing altogether. 

In SL people are highly promiscuous, at least that is my experience. So, I can't see forming a 'serious' relationship in SL. So, straight, bi, gay, is not an issue. It comes down to do I want them and they me... and possibly how horny I am.

The idea of 'falling in love' is sort of an odd concept. If one involuntarily FALLS in love then how does one promise not to FALL out of love? Falling in lust I understand. I am also aware of how easy lust is to get over. Often a cure for lust is just one orgasm away... 

It's definitely more difficult and requires work and effort, but I don't believe it's impossible to form a serious relationship in SL. Like with RL it's all about communication and honesty, and finding someone who wants the same things as you.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, MayaSmit said:

Hahahaha! Yes even better! What a fail at trying to be cute. My flirting game needs serious work. 🤣

*awkwardly shuffles away*

Here's how you do it. First, she bats her eyes once, then she flutters her lashes. So, you see, there is a difference between batting and fluttering. ^_^

giphy.gif

• Thanks 1

Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

Here's how you do it. First, she bats her eyes once, then she flutters her lashes. So, you see, there is a difference between batting and fluttering. ^_^

giphy.gif

Ugh! Story of my life. Fluttering when I'm supposed to be batting. 😫

What a noob. 😀🔫

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

The idea of 'falling in love' is sort of an odd concept.

Not as odd as you might think. I admit it may be an old concept for the newer generation though. As I say old, not obsolete. I have a going on 4 year old marriage on here that is proof of that. It can be done. More often then not the relationships I have seen fail or not even fail, but end are usually because after such a long time sooner or later the topic of RL comes up and naturally one of the two want more then just pixels in their life and the other doesn't. Two very close friends/family here on SL recently went threw something like this sadly and they were a couple no one ever thought would divorce on here. Yet it happened.

And some people redefine their relationships on here to compensate for the changes. Some people maintain and PG their SL marriage if one of the people in the relationship pursue a RL relationship out of respect. Which would more then likely be the case for us if we were ever in that situation. Sometimes RL is cruel and out right sucks and all you have is SL so you hold on to the memories and make as many as you can for as long as you can. My SL wife and I have a lot of RL road blocks and obligations that prevent us from currently moving from one place or the other. If the day and time ever came she met someone before we could ever cross over then I absolutely would support her and wish her well no matter the cost or how much it will hurt. So love and even selfless love does still exist on here. We've proven that.

I often find myself wishing I had met her back in the day when I was younger and hopping to the other side of the planet effected no one else other then myself. Back when I was truly free of obligations. It didn't turn out that way. So for us it's a case of hoping one day circumstances will change in our favor, but in the meantime we cover our bases in case that it does not. We've had all the discussions on what if scenarios and how things could possibly play out and how we plan to deal with them. The one thing we both have promised and neither of us want is to be that couple on SL that when things go bad they make general behinds of themselves. lol So matter what the future holds and how the cards for us may play out the one thing I can promise is no one, not even our SL kids will ever see us talk bad about each other. We will always promote each other in the most respectful and highest light and stand on a united front.

Also our relationship not only proves the existence of love, but it also proves and validates my saying that even the sun can shine on a dog's *ss some days. lol To think I first met my wife and became friends right after we both had a bad break up and I was tp'ed in with out any warning by her SL Mom who at the time was my SL sister and for some reason thought it was a good idea for us to meet right directly in to the middle of a women's hate group session of all men. lol So I symbolized the very gender this group of women was currently mad at. lol Sufficed to say I had an up hill battle right from the start and didn't even know it. lol The only one's who liked me from jump were the kids. lol Fun times. Lmao!!!! :D

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

Often times it involves putting someone’s needs in front of your own.  While it can be fun running around banging everyone,  its not as meaningful to me as sharing my time with one person.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1