y3sh

Would you date a bisexual guy on Second Life?

or if you are a man would you date a bisexual female? i wouldn't in real life but i'm wondering if maybe since i feel a connection with this guy even though he tells me he's mostly interested in men and only 30 percent interested in women but is willing to date me because he likes me a try. i would like opinions. I am very unsure. 

I am a man and I would not date a bisexual woman because I am not bisexual, and not interested in dating women. I would date a bi man though. In fact the man I am married to in RL is bisexual. 

So yes, it can work, provided that you both trust one another. It's mistrust and jealousy that cause these (or any other) relationships to fail.

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

Dating a bisexual partner is just like dating a partner who aligns exactly with your orientation. From an outsider looking in on the bisexual scene, I've noticed pretty intense discrimination for bisexual men and women. Neither is more likely to cheat on you than a strictly straight or strictly homosexual partner. Those who say "it doubles the chances of cheating!" are uneducated.  

Edited by pinkpatrol
got a little too personal lol
  • Like 11

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, y3sh said:

or if you are a man would you date a bisexual female? i wouldn't in real life but i'm wondering if maybe since i feel a connection with this guy even though he tells me he's mostly interested in men and only 30 percent interested in women but is willing to date me because he likes me a try. i would like opinions. I am very unsure. 

Key words: Mostly interested in men. 30 percent interested in women. Willing to date you because he likes you.

I'm not about to tell anyone what I think they should or shouldn't do. We each have our own moral compass and sexual preferences and its up to each of us to decide what we want. What I will say is that it doesn't matter what they say it's about what they do. If people really like you they will want to be with you, regardless what other logic or box they try to fit themselves in. Personally I wouldn't be impressed with someone who quantifies in percentages. To me that sounds like he is still trying to discover himself or even come to terms with his sexual preferences, or to settle with you because he doesn't want to hurt your feelings. Or maybe he's just curious to validate his theory in percentages. It's good that he's willing enough to try but it could be that he's not as into you as you would like or that maybe you are to him. I wouldn't be at all surprised if you end up as friends instead of anything more romantic but I could be wrong; as feelings develop over time he could feel his percentages for men decrease and women increase, but the only percentage that should really matter in any relationship is how he feels about YOU and not any specific gender.

To answer the question personally; no I wouldn't ideally date a bisexual man in RL or SL but that depends on the person and if the connection we have is strong enough that the rest doesn't matter. Since we like to label ourselves as a society I identify myself as heterosexual and I'd like my partner to identify himself as heterosexual too. That's my preference. I have no interest in anything other. That's my choice and it needs no justification. Any attempt to inform of judge on my narrowmindedness will be ignored. I was asked a question and I answered as honestly as I could (and not for public approval). 

I do think if you are unsure that perhaps talking to him would be a good step. Healthy relationships are built on trust. That starts with honest and open channels of communication, so start there. I really do wish you the best of luck and hope you find happiness no matter who you are with. :) 

Edited by RaeLeeH
To edit!
  • Like 6

Date as in expect them to be totally faithful to only you? Well I never ask for that in SL. The way I see it if I am not logged on I do not exist in SL, and someone cannot cheat on someone.who doesn't exist. I would have no issues with a guy who was bisexual and what he does when I am offline is his business.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Personally I could care less how someone identifies. I'm straight, female but if my male partner identifies as bisexual and has committed himself to me, that's all that matters. I'm not concerned myself he'd run off with another guy anymore than I'm worried he run off with another women.  Cheating is cheating. Jealousy is jealousy.  People are people. Love is Love.

And in SL, nobody knows for sure what anyone is anyway so who cares. 

Edited by Elora Lunasea
  • Like 5

Posted (edited)

Depends on what you are both looking for. Your shared interests weigh as heavily as your sexual interests; how much you like a person for who they are is very persuasive when abnormalities exist.  If you both want the same things, then go for it.   

Edit: "abnormalities" i.e. "I don't normally do this, but..."

Edited by Clarrellae
  • Like 2

Remember that what "he" tells you may only be the truth of his "character".  He could be an seventy year old divorced housewife on a farm somewhere in the middle of nowhere.   If you are interested in the person AS A PERSON then it likely doesn't matter. If you are looking for a different experience and embrace the relationship as such, it probably doesn't matter. 

If you are looking for something "real" and "lasting" with a "deep connection", then exploring real life relationships would likely be a better plan.  Just remember that reality here is sometimes not all that close to the "truth". 

• Like 3

I would date a bisexual man in SL. I'm hetero-leaning bisexual myself, so I really don't care what other genders my partner is attracted to, as long as he or she is kind, respectful & attracted to me. In RL I would care if my partner were having sex with other people, because that's a health, trust and time issue. In SL I don't care who else someone plays around with as long as they're considerate and respectful of my feelings.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2019 at 3:19 AM, pinkpatrol said:

Those who say "it doubles the chances of cheating!" are uneducated.  

Or statistically erudite.

1 hour ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Math is hard.

Math is fun. And not very difficult if you know what you're doing. 😁

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Orwar said:

It is maths with an s.....

It has pluses and minuses. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

This is pretty much true about all hard things. 

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, Talligurl said:

This is pretty much true about all hard things. 

image.jpeg

I only came here because “hard things”.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

Sure... once you grow up and learn to solve your own problems. xD

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Um..um..thanks!..?

Hmm. Maybe that was supposed to be "you look a little put out".

10 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Hmm. Maybe that was supposed to be "you look a little put out".

Thought you meant I look “easy”, slatternly, etc. 😻😹

10 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thought you meant I look “easy”, slatternly, etc. 😻😹

I was hoping you would catch on and reply with "No, I don't put out, I'm just a little put out."

Just another one of my lead balloons. Can't seem to get rid of them because they won't take off.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I was hoping you would catch on and reply with "No, I don't put out, I'm just a little put out."

Just another one of my lead balloons. Can't seem to get rid of them because they won't take off.

Puts me in mind of “99 Luftballoons”, or “Led Zeppelin”.

• Like 1