Set weight on a certain area accurately

Sunbleached

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! Is it possible to set the weight evenly and accurately on a certain area (detail) of the object? let's say by highlighting the right triangles. I have a very complicated model and it is almost impossible to crawl in some places. is there a way?

Edited by Sunbleached

6 hours ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

you can edit the exact influence values from the property panel

I mean, I constantly "paint" the surrounding area, but I need a clear boundary. can I somehow do this? for example to hide all the other triangles?

6 hours ago, Sunbleached said:

I mean, I constantly "paint" the surrounding area, but I need a clear boundary. can I somehow do this? for example to hide all the other triangles?

The only way to make 100% sharp boundary in your rig is to split the edges. (Look for "Edge Split") If you have a continuous face (everything connected), there's always going to be a visible stretch between the weight boundaries.

• Thanks 1

You can select the vertices and assign a weight value to them also in weight paint mode. On the header bar there is a little tiny button with an icon made of a cube with an highlighted point, when in weight paint mode. That lets you select vertices so that all your operations, including painting, would be applied only on that selection, giving as result a sharp boundary

Edited by OptimoMaximo
typos
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, OptimoMaximo said:

You can select the vertices and assign a weight value to them also in weight paint mode. On the header bar there is a little tiny button with an icon made of a cube with an highlighted point, when in weight paint mode. That lets you select vertices so that all your operations, including painting, would be applied only on that selection, giving as result a sharp boundary

Thank you so much! it was exactly what i needed!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.