Things the Marketplace Needs: Combined Listings

Penny Patton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This has bothered me about the marketplace since before LL purchased it from Xstreet. You go to any online store and shop for something that comes in variants like different colours, in that marketplace you will typically find the item listed once, and from that listing you select the variant you want. Buying a shirt that comes in five different colours? The shirt is listed once, and from that listing you choose the colour you want it in.

The SL marketplace doesn't do that. So if you want to shop for hair you are faced with sometimes literally pages and pages of one hair style.There are hair sellers with literally hundreds of pages, not because they sell that many different styles, but because one style can end up being 2, 3 or even 5 pages worth of listings for all the different colours. And this makes shopping for things like hair on the marketplace an even bigger headache than trying to shop in-world, when it should be the other way around. The marketplace should be the easiest and most convenient way to shop.

I know Linden Lab is making improvements to the marketplace now (I absolutely love that I can now search my purchase history and get redeliveries directly through the marketplace, that should have been a feature from the beginning but better late than never and I'm just happy we have it now), but this right here, getting rid of redundant listings, should be near the top of their priority list for improving the marketplace. If you want people spending more in SL you don't want to make it frustrating to do so.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.