i'm lonely

joshikousei17

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Don't be lonely OP. When I fix my gaming computer and can play for more than a few minutes before total pc meltdown maybe we can IM each other? 

32 minutes ago, Talligurl said:

I am not lonely very much, oh sometimes I am, but way more often I am like "I wish these people would go away and leave me alone and let me do what I am trying to do"

I kind of get what you mean there. But I would say I'm 60% lonely and 40% completely content doing my own thing. Depends on the day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Orwar said:

I welcome anyone who dares send me an IM - or notecard - though I can't guarantee your sanity or safety.

You haven't met me yet, have you.

Note that is a statement and not a question.

I can guarantee you, you will not have a shred of sanity left and there will be no safe place to hide.

I am your worst nightmare's nightmare.

focl

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 7/27/2019 at 9:10 AM, 78Blake said:

Wanna be lonely together? 

I’m quite fond of standing alone in empty sims contemplating my life choices. You’re welcome to me. :)

I’m quite fond of standing alone in empty sims contemplating my life choices. You’re welcome to me. :)

may i join you 

• Like 2

Hi Lonely, I'm Rae! *waves* 

While I'd usually rant my butt off here about being positive, I'm actually not feeling it right now. What I will say is this (and I speak so from experience); if you're using SL to fill a void for social interactivity in your life and it's not working then something needs to change. You can't rely on other people to lift you up or you will always be lonely, in either world. Getting offline and actually plugging back into the real world might be a good start. If you can't stand being alone with yourself then find a cause, find someone else in a worse predicament than you to help. Guaranteed when you have something or someone else to worry about it will help take the focus off yourself a while, and the loneliness will take a back seat. It won't be a permanent cure. We all get lonely sometimes. But being online and looking for others to interact with is a hit-and-miss affair that doesn't guarantee results and it may leave you feeling lonelier than you were before you logged in. 

• Like 4

Growing up an only child means I can spend hours alone in RL without it bothering me at all.

Here it's nice to chat and even nicer to hang out somewhere where everybody knows your name. The Forum is such a place. 

I've also had a long run of going to the beach, and this has led to me joining a beach dance troup, which is a lot of fun.

So there are ways not to be lonely :)

Edited by BelindaN
  • Like 1

This is an interesting article on loneliness. 

https://www.verywellmind.com/loneliness-causes-effects-and-treatments-2795749 

There are lots of reasons for loneliness.  Loss is one.  Even marriage was stated as a cause - perhaps too stifling a marriage and not enough time to to do the things you want to do.  

While I do not know what exactly YOU are going through, I agree with those that say there are ways to not be lonely.  It takes a bit of effort.  I was touched by how honest you could be here.  Just be that with others and just be Y O U.  

Are you getting enough exercise, nutrition and sleep?  These are vital to a happier Y O U  or U S too.  

4 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Growing up an only child means I can spend hours alone in RL without it bothering me at all.

I had two older brothers who were never there for me and never played with me, so I may as well have been an only child. That is why I actually like being alone but at the same time it bothers me. The only other girls in the neighborhood were all 5 - 10 years older than I was when we moved into the house my grandfather built. I was 4 or 5 at the time. Maybe 6.

4 hours ago, BelindaN said:

Here it's nice to chat and even nicer to hang out somewhere where everybody knows your name. The Forum is such a place. 

It can be...

Cheers-640x360.jpg

I still haven't found my Cheers. Well... maybe. It's only been a couple of weeks and it is off season for SL. Once I see how "da boss" changes seasons in the region and can be prepared for it so it will go quickly and smoothly without upsetting the residents too much then I can work on getting them to hang out together for an hour or two a couple of times a month. We can do anything from quoting from our favorite books or "reading" poetry to just chatting or companionable silences. I might even be able to get the RL other half to DJ for us once in a while... for tips.

Or not.

We'll see how it goes, now that that cat is out of the bag. :ph34r:

Oh well, they've been warned now. xD

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.