I am a owner of a group And the founder got banned from second life Can he take the group back

johnc Baxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

16 minutes ago, johnc Baxton said:

I am a owner of a group And the founder got banned from second life Can he take the group back

not if they are banned, no

as an aside, group owners cannot by ejected from a group, or have their group permissions changed, by another owner (owner meaning/including the group founder).  A group owner can only resign (leave the group) voluntarily

48 minutes ago, johnc Baxton said:

I thought maybe he can call second life and tell him he wants a closed group

when a Group Founder gives another person Group Owner status, that status cannot be revoked by the Group Founder. Group Founders and Group Owners are explicitly informed of this on the dialog when they invite another person to be a group owner

there is only one possible circumstance where a group name could be removed by LL, is when the Group Name is also a RL trademark and the activity of the group is specifically related to that trademark

As residents, all we can do is offer our opinions.  I suspect that when a group founder is permabanned, he loses any rights to the group.  He is, after all, a non-person from then on. If that concerns you, submit a support case to ask.  If you're a Premium member, contact Live Chat. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 4:06 AM, johnc Baxton said:

The founder of a group is the person who created the group and paid the $L. He/she will always be listed in the group info as the founder even if they leave the group or remove themselves from the owner role. That person is automatically placed in the owner role. Anyone who has been added to the owner role cannot be ejected from that role even by another owner. The founder and any other owner can leave the group and that will remove them from the owner role. If they rejoin the group they will not be an owner again unless invited or added to that role by another owner. 

Groups are collective efforts, no matter who founded the group. LL will not delete an active group because the founder calls in and requests it be disbanded - especially if that founder was banned from SL. A founder who has an active account AND also remains in the group owner role could  potentially file a support ticket to request that another owner be removed as an owner of a group, but that would only be allowed if the founder could prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that the person they wanted to remove was added by mistake, and added very recently. I've only seen that happen a few times in all the years I have been in SL. 

Now, if the banned founder account becomes un-banned then that person, if they never left the group/owner role, can meddle in the group once again because they are an owner. They can't take the group back from other owners, but they could potentially cause all sorts of trouble if they felt like it. The other owners would then have to file abuse reports on any harmful activities and file tickets, prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that the newly un-banned account was destroying the group, etc.. Even then it would be a long shot to have that owner removed as an owner, even if that owner wasn't the founder of the group. 

If it is really a concern, make a new group and start over. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.