You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

West Coast University

Background: In the coming weeks. WCU will be fully developed and ready to take residents to the next level. The campus is for role-players and will be very realistic and offer classes that you can learn from and take to the real-world. Or simply, refresh your brain. Not only will the University offer classes. But will offer sports, clubs and so much more. Nestled on the campus lies restaurants, dorms, homes, swimming pools, frat houses, sororities and great scenery. 

Reason: WCU is looking for candidates to instruct and lead the students of West Coast University. We are looking for superior people that are here to have a good time and not to collect a paycheck. Unfortunately, instructing positions are voluntary and unpaid due to the University having a free attendance option. 

Opportunities: More offers are also available. Such as: University Dean, Assistant Dean, Nurses, Librarians, Sports Coaches, Club Sponsors, Lunch Ladies/Men, Admins, etc. If you are interested in any of these positions. Please get in touch with (siera.macintyre).

The Campus is also equipped with emergency services and will require police officers, paramedics and doctors. For more information on these positions. Please contact (siera.macintyre)

All positions are unpaid and voluntary. However, complex positions may offer a salary. 

Contact: If you would like more information, please contact me in-world. 

Apply here: West Coast University Instructor Application

• Like 1

Looks interesting, but you lost me at "Apply here"

I don't mean to sound mean. :) May I suggest: Advertise your role-play, get people interested in it. Ask them to visit and meet with you. Show them around, explain and express your vision. Sell them on it. Then, if they still express an interest, that is when you proffer an application. This way, you have better control over the full message, you can handle questions and objections, etc. When you plop an "Apply now" link - why would I apply? You are asking me to do *work* for something I really don't know that much about up front. :)

But as soon as I see "Apply..." I get the impression that I must meet some standard you have set and I don't even know what that is. "Applications" to role-play are actually a put-off. Yes, this is my own view and doesn't apply to many, though I know I speak for many also. Attract with sugar and be sure to leave the vinegar out until you're ready to give it. LOL

• Like 1

I said contact me if you have more information regarding what you are applying for. The website explains what the sim has to offer. By Apply, it means that you will be instructing in role-play and applying for the position so I know who you are and to receive your instructor tag. 

If anything. How could you start a position if you haven’t applied for it? Know what I mean? 

Aly made a good point that I think you missed.

For example, I own a club and entertainment SIM with my SL partner. We don't just post somewhere and say If you want to DJ, apply here. What we do is meet the DJ, see them perform, see how they do and how active they are... then make an OFFER to them to be a DJ at our club.

I think that was the message Aly was trying to make.

EDIT: On your website, none of the pics are working.

Edited by JudeConnors
  • Like 1

Please only comment if you are interested in what I am advertising. Everything else is irrelevant. You guys missed the point, and are trying to tell me what to do with my post. I always advertise how I see fits me and it’s worked the whole 9 years plus that I’ve used Secondlife. Again, as I stated previously. People will apply to make themselves known. That way I can set up an interview to meet and we go from there. I’m not looking for perfection. It’s an open opportunity. There are no major requirements. It’s an open voluntary position. 

Note: I also stated that in the coming weeks, the campus will become visible for all eyes. Right now, I am only searching for volunteers to fill positions and will discuss more information through personal communication. 

It's a public forum, you don't get to pick the rules. We were just trying to give some friendly feedback, that's all. How one respond is how one show their colors. Just saying. ~shrugs~

I still plan to have a look-see at the place in-world, but the web site is more or less a non-starter at this point because it's nothing but rules and expectations of me then a link to an application. It says to me "You must meet our standards before we allow you to even peek through the window to see what''s inside." If that's the message you want to project then that's fine.

I say if you're advertising job openings, regardless of the type of position, it's perfectly reasonable to ask people to apply. In RL, you don't get a job interview/the opportunity to meet and discuss the job, see the location, etc, until AFTER you show interest by submitting an application. Siera, I think you're doing exactly what I would do. 

And I would be interested myself, although I'm not quite sure I have the time to devote at the moment! Perhaps in the future. But lots of luck to you!! 

On 7/26/2019 at 6:44 PM, Alyona Su said:

soon as I see "Apply..." I get the impression that I must meet some standard you have set and I don't even know what that is. "Applications" to role-play are actually a put-off. Yes, this is my own view and doesn't apply to many, though I know I speak for many also. Attract with sugar and be sure to leave the vinegar out until you're ready to give it. LOL

my bet the OP is in the character already. You know, the old - stiff -grumpy principal with 'my way or the highway' atitude .

On 7/26/2019 at 10:23 PM, Siera MacIntyre said:

Please only comment if you are interested in what I am advertising. Everything else is irrelevant.

Don't talk in class , the teacher knows better.

oh, i remember the good old days :)

On 7/26/2019 at 8:01 PM, JudeConnors said:

For example, I own a club and entertainment SIM with my SL partner. We don't just post somewhere and say If you want to DJ, apply here. What we do is meet the DJ, see them perform, see how they do and how active they are... then make an OFFER to them to be a DJ at our club.

I knew there must be a reason to find lot of empty clubs and only few good ones. good point

On 7/26/2019 at 10:23 PM, Siera MacIntyre said:

I always advertise how I see fits me and it’s worked the whole 9 years plus that I’ve used Secondlife.

i might try to visit after few weeks to see if your style worked but i am afraid i have to use an alt ( i am sure i'll be banned after my post)

anyway, wish you good luck with your Academy.

I have worked for Siera in the past when she owned a dating agency in world, and in her defense I have to say that she is a joy to work for. She is very easy to get along with. I would work for her again, but unfortunately I am looking for a paid position right now.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.