Hover Height

Linda Reddevil

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am constantly having to adjust my hover height everywhere I go in SL.  When my feet are high above the ground, I adjust them only to have to lift them back up because the next place I tp to I'm sinking in the ground.  It would be nice to have a setting that would allow for automatic hover height based upon where you land, tp to, etc.  I also find that if I adjust myself on my computer at work, I'm at a different height when I log on at home.  Same viewer just different heights.  Any suggestions so I don't have to keep adjusting my avie constantly?

If you can script (or know a tame scripter) and you use an RLV viewer then you could be able to automate the process to some extent. I do use RLV to adjust my hover height for some of the shoes I own, and it does work pretty well.

I guess you'd need to make something like a HUD with a script driven by a settings notecard that specified stuff like parcel/region/height.

I wonder if llCastRay could be used to determine the exact height of the surface you're walking on, and this value used to adjust your hover height? I suspect it'd be a fairly complex process having to take several other factors into account as well.

Edited by KT Kingsley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.