Forum Meetup

Randall Ahren

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Catrie said:

Kurt Cobain?

Blond guy, not sure his balls ever dropped, don't think he ever was introduced to a shower. That guy?

1 minute ago, Orwar said:

Blond guy, not sure his balls ever dropped, don't think he ever was introduced to a shower. That guy?

Lead singer of Nirvana?  Married to Courtney Love?  The one in the middle?

nirvana-hd-photo-band-members.jpg

The only thing that matters to me is the time.

I don't care where or even if the music is fringe.....

If the time is ok I'll make every effort to go. 

See you all at Breakfast Club tomorrow.

Oh and for the record I'm not European, I'm UK......hahaha!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

I don't care what it represents or where it comes from,

Yeah, except I didn't talk about those things. I talked about the music's dark, violent sensuality.

1 hour ago, Orwar said:

the 'music' doesn't stroke my fancy

That, on the other hand, is entirely valid.

But it ain't "whiny," and it sure ain't Dylan.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I talked about the music's dark, violent sensuality.

... ...

source.gif

26 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

But it ain't "whiny," and it sure ain't Dylan. 

Yes, it's whiny. It's less thrilling and enticing than 300 year old semi-operas. But that's my opinion, if you think it's passionate and sensual, knock yourself out.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Yes, it's whiny. It's less thrilling and enticing than 300 year old semi-operas. But that's my opinion, if you think it's passionate and sensual, knock yourself out.

Huh.

I'm unclear why it is so important to you to trash an entire genre and tradition of music. Yep, it's your opinion, but your language hardly suggests a "live and let live" understanding of musical taste.

I have some pretty strong personal responses to things like death metal. I don't really feel it necessary or constructive to articulate them here: they are, ultimately, just my personal opinion.

Why insist that this music is crappy? Why not just . . . "well, it's not my thing"?

PS. I happen to like 300+ year old semi-operas. Purcell and Handel are sublime. So how about them green apples, bub?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm unclear why it is so important to you to trash an entire genre and tradition of music. Yep, it's your opinion, but your language hardly suggests a "live and let live" understanding of musical taste.

I have some pretty strong personal responses to things like death metal. I don't really feel it necessary or constructive to articulate them here: they are, ultimately, just my personal opinion.

Why insist that this music is crappy? Why not just . . . "well, it's not my thing"? 

And I don't understand why you must oppose it. I trash that genre, and several others, because they offend mine ears - and why on earth should I have a "live and let live" perspective on it? Since when should forum content be "necessary or constructive"? These parts of the forums would pretty much die if it weren't for people voicing their opinions and perspectives; what makes you think that your perspective is the only correct one?

I'm passionate in my disdain for that disgraceful cacophony, so why should you get to write long posts about how it's "passionate and sensual", if I'm not allowed to oppose that perspective?

If you don't like-- Death metal-- (giggles) Then feel free to say so. To each their own, with their likes as well as their dislikes. But don't for a moment think that you can dictate what feelings I may or may not express. Do I get sad or offended if somebody doesn't like my taste in music? No, a small part of me thinks that it's great that not everyone agrees because then the world would turn boring - a slightly bigger part of me may want to rip them a new one, but I think you'll find I'm actually quite well tempered.

Anything that anyone writes here is just their personal opinion. And I couldn't just say "well, it's not my thing" because that would be disingenuous; I think it's contemptible and reprehensible, it's a stain of shame and wretchedness on the world's musical capacity. Now don't get me started on Country or Hip-hop, or you'll see something truly "dark and violently sensual".

• Like 1

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

LOL

Yep. Ok.

You go on fighting the Good Fight, Orwar!

See, the dark side always wins. We have the cookies, after all.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1688 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.