sl bloggers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Sandra8675 said:

Is there a forum or place inworld in sl for new people just starting to blog for sl shopping?  I'm looking for a place maybe where sl bloggers talk, exchange ideas or just simply support each other?

There have been some great blogger groups and websites in the past, but as far as I know all are gone now. A quick search with "second life blogs"  found a list of the "25 top blogs" and I had only heard of a handful with the ones at the bottom blogging once a month (this is a blog?).   

Anyway while there are still some good blogs out there, most of the "bloggers" have moved to Flickr and most "Flickrettes" just make pretty pictures and paste in credits. Even 'I" do that sometimes these days which after eleven years is pretty sad :D.  

A search inworld turned up nothing of interest either.   Hopefully there is some saavy blogger out there that knows what Google does not.   I am sorry to say that blogging has become quite competitive these days -- especially for those trying to get into fashion blogger groups in order to "get stuff".  It has changed a bunch over the last decade. The pictures are prettier for sure; the atmosphere -- not so much.    

As for the SHOPPING aspect, Seraphim is your go to place but I suspect you know about that already. Best to just do your thing and enjoy yourself. 

• Like 3

Chic Aeon...  Thank you for your comment.  I have heard flicker is very popular with sl bloggers.  I'm just writing a blog for fun, I've written several blogs in the past for years about different things. 

A lot of people ask me where I get free stuff etc beyond the normal free dove or free galaxy.  So, I'm doing a blog about it.  I enjoy doing the research on it and taking the pics.  I'm not going to be taking the time to photoshop to make the more perfect image.  Thanks again.

Look up BVN (Blogger Vlogger Network), there's an in-world group as well as a Discord channel. Send me a PM if you'd like me to send you the invites.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Anyway while there are still some good blogs out there, most of the "bloggers" have moved to Flickr and most "Flickrettes" just make pretty pictures and paste in credits. Even 'I" do that sometimes these days which after eleven years is pretty sad :D.  

To be honest for the fashion blogs I prefer these Flickrettes above traditional blogs. Its very easy to follow a load of Flickr bloggers, and to be honest, for Fashion I am not looking for opinions or stories about the fashion being displayed, I want to see how it looks and where to get it. In Flickr its all in one place, instead of having to go in a blog site with each there own layout, some even make it hard to find older posts and so on.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

To be honest for the fashion blogs I prefer these Flickrettes above traditional blogs. Its very easy to follow a load of Flickr bloggers, and to be honest, for Fashion I am not looking for opinions or stories about the fashion being displayed, I want to see how it looks and where to get it. In Flickr its all in one place, instead of having to go in a blog site with each there own layout, some even make it hard to find older posts and so on.

Not arguing that.

We USED to have blog feeds which was perhaps the best of both worlds. But no more.  And now with very few "blogs" any longer there is no reason for blog feeds. Things change.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Orwar said:

Look up BVN (Blogger Vlogger Network), there's an in-world group as well as a Discord channel. Send me a PM if you'd like me to send you the invites.

Hey...  Thank you so much.  I will pm you inworld.  If you meant another way I'm not aware how to do that.  smile.  thanks again.

1 hour ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I appreciate you sharing this.  I'm very new to flicker.  I've never actually used it before.  I may start using it instead of a traditional blog.  We will see.  smile

Hi

I just recently opened an inworld group for bloggers to meet and exchange ideas. You find it when searching for "sla media bloggers".

Also the SLA Media office inworld is a place for bloggers to meet up or hanf out. I will occasionally do courses on topics such as wordpress, SEO, marketing...

/me points to signature

Edited by carolinestravels
  • Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 8:40 AM, carolinestravels said:

Hi

I just recently opened an inworld group for bloggers to meet and exchange ideas. You find it when searching for "sla media bloggers".

Also the SLA Media office inworld is a place for bloggers to meet up or hanf out. I will occasionally do courses on topics such as wordpress, SEO, marketing...

/me points to signature

fantastic!  I've been blogging about different things for years.  But, of course there is always new things to learn.  I'd like to just meet some people doing the same thing as myself.  smile...  I'll join the inworld group now.  ty!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.