Slink hands/HG clipping through sleeves..

Roguerie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi Peeps ^_^ I am having a bit of an issue with my tops made for the Slink HG and Original body: the sleeves (right around the hands) clip through. I tried switching AOs ( From Still AO to Moving AO to disabling all AOs completely ), I've refreshed my avatar huds, loaded on a different top with long sleeves from a different creator and they all clip through the hands (Not the wrist, not the arms which can be easily alpa'ed out ). I emailed one creator as several of her tops do this.. but I feel it may not be an issue on her end but I was desperate for any suggestions I suppose. I am wearing the latesr version of the HG body and I even used a Fixed wrist hud to return my wrist to their original positions but without success as you can see here in this video/Gif below:

https://gyazo.com/4163c6a93c1f20ad0228bfd03326816e

Any suggestions? Anyone experiencing this same issue..

I don't think there's much you can do, except sizing your hands down to the teeny-tiny size that seems to be so prevalent these days (which, yes, will make them non-proportionate), or wearing tops with sleeves that don't partially cover the hands. It could be that the ends of those sleeves aren't rigged correctly (normally I would say that's unlikely, if tops from several designers do the same thing, but you mentioned that you tried only one other designer) so teeny-tiny hand syndrome it may be. I was shocked when I first got the Maitreya body at how small the hands actually were on the default shape, and I've noticed since then that many women in Second Life keep their hands absolutely tiny.

With any tops that go onto the base of the hand like that - as opposed to stopping at the wrist - you run that risk. I have tops that are rigged correctly there and don't clip through the hands, and tops that don't (this is on all male bodies that I own, as well as the Maitreya body). I'd suggest shopping around and trying demos from multiple creators until you find one who rigs correctly in that area.

9 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

I don't think there's much you can do, except sizing your hands down to the teeny-tiny size that seems to be so prevalent these days (which, yes, will make them non-proportionate), or wearing tops with sleeves that don't partially cover the hands. It could be that the ends of those sleeves aren't rigged correctly (normally I would say that's unlikely, if tops from several designers do the same thing, but you mentioned that you tried only one other designer) so teeny-tiny hand syndrome it may be. I was shocked when I first got the Maitreya body at how small the hands actually were on the default shape, and I've noticed since then that many women in Second Life keep their hands absolutely tiny.

With any tops that go onto the base of the hand like that - as opposed to stopping at the wrist - you run that risk. I have tops that are rigged correctly there and don't clip through the hands, and tops that don't (this is on all male bodies that I own, as well as the Maitreya body). I'd suggest shopping around and trying demos from multiple creators until you find one who rigs correctly in that area.

Ah well.. I did attempt the shrinking of the hands to T. Rex proportions (for slink, it still looked decent tho, I mainly keep it a little on the proportionate side when it comes to size cause I do like wrap my fingers around “things”, proportionate is best :P) however, even when scaled to 0 the hands simply don’t fit. Honestly, I had bought those tops around the time I mostly wore Maitreya and haven’t quite figured out which body type I preferred. They fit nicely on Maitreya Lara. The silver lining is that creators are maybe aware of the issue, newer tops with similar tight sleeves around the wrists/hands fit perfectly (even with using the alpha to hide parts) so I’ll invest into new tops. Time for a change, I guess I was so fond of those tops.. they were cute and I bought several of them. I try hard to not shop too much and re-use older items ..

Thanks for the suggestions ^_^ 

5 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

the sleeves might be pre bento riggid hand stuff, there is quite some of that around that simply does nor work with bento hands anymore

Aaah.. yeah that may be why. It’d would make sense. 

I am with Skell on this and I would say that it is likely a designer issue.   If you look around you can see how SO MANY clothing creators (like "most" LOL, avoid long sleeves or make them so long that you don't even need to wear hands. There is a reason for that -- and not just style. Also, since Maitreya has the lion's share of the market most creators create "for" Maitreya and then redo for other bodies if they offer different fits -- so not "quite" as important to them sometimes? 

I had this issue a lot when wearing Slink hands on a pre-mesh (we can't say "legacy any more as that gets confusing) body so this isn't a new issue at all --- it is just the most of us are wearing Lara OR very skimpy outfits -- so it doesn't come up as often. The very old Slink hands didn't let you adjust via size so unless you were tiny you always looked dis-proportioned, I hated that. 

So now you can be sure and try the DEMO with your new look!!!!   No demo, no purchase --- the forum mantra. :SwingingFriends:

@Chic Aeon Yeah, most design for maitreya first THEN eh.. others too.

1 hour ago, Aebleskiver Thibedeau said:

I don't know to what extent you want to bother, but the Vista Bento hands have alpha cuts to deal with recalcitrant sleeves.  I guess it depends how much you love those outfits, eh? 

As for the Vista Hands, I have heard awesome reviews for them but I don't think I'm ready to pair my body with 3rd party hands again (requiring buying extra set of skins for those hands, some creators include them/some don't), it was even more of pain like when I did Belleza Freya for a while with slink hands. I do adore those tops but like with everything in life, as much as I'd like to make the most of my old inventory, I know when to stop and maybe it's time to move on. Maybe that creator will reply, maybe she won't cause those items aren't exactly new.. It was a good run while it lasted.

I just wanted to see if I was doing something wrong, I'm always learning new tricks in this forum and I thought I'd put it out there.

Thank you all ❤️

Edited by Roguerie

12 minutes ago, Roguerie said:

@Chic Aeon Yeah, most design for maitreya first THEN eh.. others too.

As for the Vista Hands, I have heard awesome reviews for them but I don't think I'm ready to pair my body with 3rd party hands again (requiring buying extra set of skins for those hands, some creators include them/some don't), it was even more of pain like when I did Belleza Freya for a while with slink hands. I do adore those tops but like with everything in life, as much as I'd like to make the most of my old inventory, I know when to stop and maybe it's time to move on. Maybe that creator will reply, maybe she won't cause those items aren't exactly new.. It was a good run while it lasted.

I just wanted to see if I was doing something wrong, I'm always learning new tricks in this forum and I thought I'd put it out there.

Thank you all ❤️

Vista hand are omega compatible though... never had skin matching problems with them

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

Vista hand are omega compatible though... never had skin matching problems with them

Omega skins don't always match different body  parts -- much like the OP mentioned.  Neck seams can be very obvious === depending on the maker of the skins. Alas.    I guess finding a skin that had Vista hands AND HG body AND the head you needed (LOL) "might" get things working. 

I haven't changed my skin in years simply for this reason. I found one that I liked that had head made for Letluka (I have an old non-Bento  head) AND Maitreya with a PERFECT match (something that doesn't come along every day.  And I stuck with it. No regrets at all. 

As so many folks can attest to, getting a really smooth transition (Omega or not) is anything but easy.  

DEMO

2 hours ago, Roguerie said:

...I don't think I'm ready to pair my body with 3rd party hands again (requiring buying extra set of skins for those hands, some creators include them/some don't)

Oh, well, if that's all, if I remember correctly there's no need to go on a fruitless search for Vista "hand skins".  All you need is an Omega body applier (in the same tone, and maker as your head skin) and the Vista Omega Relay.  It slaps the same hand texture on the Vista hands as it does any other Omega compatible body.  Seamless.

But I get it.  I can't think of too many outfits I'd go out and buy a new set of hands for!  Much better to go shopping for new stuff that likes the hands you have!

I noticed that many of the really long sleeved tops I wore pre-bento poked through at the wrist or the thumb area once I updated to the bento hands. Even resizing the hands (I don't recommend that approach though) didn't do much as the clothing, since it's rigged, also resized so that didn't help. Unfortunately, the only solution I found was to use the standard, non bento hands, that are still available in the Maitreya folder, when wanting to wear one of those tops that no longer work when wearing bento hands. For me though, there are few tops, maybe none in fact, worth changing to the non-bento hands. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.