Bah Credited!

bigmoe Whitfield

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

17 answers to this question

1 hour ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I bought L$ a bit back, now for some reason I have gained a positive usd of 0.08 cents...   because it says

2019-07-05 17:12:41 LindeX Overpayment Credit for order #xxxxxxx ($0.08)

($0.08)

So no idea what to do.  really do not want tilla pegging me for it... 

Assuming you don't check your balance or otherwise touch your USD account, the most LL will do is take the $0.08 after a year has passed. Or buy some more Linden dollars - the 8 cents will be used before your payment method is charged.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parhelion Palou said:

Assuming you don't check your balance or otherwise touch your USD account, the most LL will do is take the $0.08 after a year has passed. Or buy some more Linden dollars - the 8 cents will be used before your payment method is charged.

Can confirm, just did this to get rid of a 10c balance.

4 hours ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

I bought L$ a bit back, now for some reason I have gained a positive usd of 0.08 cents...   because it says

2019-07-05 17:12:41 LindeX Overpayment Credit for order #xxxxxxx ($0.08)

($0.08)

So no idea what to do.  really do not want tilla pegging me for it... 

If you want to get rid of that USD credit in your account you can BUY the minimum amount of lindens ($2.50) and you  will FIRST pay from  the .08 cents and then be charged your credit card or Paypal for the rest. It will cost you 1.49 for fees of course but then ---- in theory only as things don't seem to be working as planned ---- you will NOT have to "accept the Tilia TOS and the Privacy Policy (US only).  You shouldn't even SEE the TOS -- at least that is what we have been told repeatedly and officially.  

I bought lindens and zeroed out my USD  on two accounts this last weekend. It worked fine then.   

NOTE however that someone reported earlier in the day on another thread that they could NOT buy Lindens as they normally did with their credit card and instead were sent to the "more info form" asking for personal info such as picture ID and SSN number.    I would THINK that would get fixed fairly soon though as it seems like it would be VERY high on the todo list. 

Good luck.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

But why would anyone want to???

When I sit down to compare my bank statement with my own records, I can fuss for ages over a discrepancy of a few pennies.  It's a mini OCD problem.  I just hate it when things don't balance, and I can't just say, "Oh, I'll just subtract those few pennies to make things look right."  Maybe the OP was zapped by the same evil fairy as a child.  It's a lousy 8 cents, but it doesn't come out even!!!  🤬

1 minute ago, Lindal Kidd said:

But...but...it's MONEY!  Free money!  An unexpected, if rather *****rdly, gift from the gods!

See?  Now it's got you all riled up.  :)  And it made you use a bad word.  Well, not exactly a "bad" word, but one that is out of favor because it's mistaken for a bad word.  Anyway ... even the gods give gifts with strings attached, and the OP doesn't like loose strings.   Life is too complicated already without stuff like this.

• Like 1

Parenthetically, I closed an account with one RL place years ago.  They refunded my balance but made a small error, leaving about 20 cents in the account.  I tried to get the tiny remainder returned, but they said the account was closed.  Then I started getting a yearly notice that I was being charged an "inactivity fee", so the balance was being reduced by a penny.  It's dropped by about ten cents now.  I can't wait to see what happens when it goes negative.

11 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Aha!  So the "inactivity fee" isn't a new thing either! 

No, it's a time-honored tradition in the financial world.  It makes sense, and I agree with the concept in principle.  After all, it costs a company some small amount of time/energy/storage space to keep track of an account that's just sitting there, doing nothing.  Even if it's just a mindless machine doing the tracking.  They might as well charge you a parking fee to cover the effort (and to encourage you to close the account).  In my case, the irony is that I had already closed the account and not been able to claim my 20 cents.  It's one of those Dali-esque parallel universe things.

But we digress.....

Edited by Rolig Loon

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

But...but...it's MONEY!  Free money!  An unexpected, if rather stingy, gift from the gods!

Well, not really FREE money, since he would have initially paid it and they are just refunding back what wasn't needed.  Definitely not the same as someone just gifting you money.

6 hours ago, Fionalein said:

You could simply buy more Lindens the 8 cent should get deducted first - however this is no good sign - if they repeat that mishap a lot of folks would have to agree to the Tilea TOS without need.

Yeah I went O.O, because last time I processed any usd was like in 2008 or so,  I have no plans to do so right now or in the future, I keep ending up with negative lindens as it is lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.