I think it would be neat to meet up with other SL people in my local area. Personally at age 45, its hard to meet anyone new. Not like I really club or bar hop anymore and most of my friends now are so busy with their own family now that I never see them much at all. Honestly we really dont have much in common with most of our friends since my husband and I decided to not have kids and focus on our careers.

Who know, maybe one day I'll gain enough SL friends from my North Carolina area and start a monthly or quarterly club. I think its really cool how the furry community meets. Maybe one day Second Life will do a convention where you can meet folks, for the people who dont mind sharing SL and RL.😁

On 10/1/2019 at 3:05 AM, MariahMaximilliana said:

I think it would be neat to meet up with other SL people in my local area. Personally at age 45, its hard to meet anyone new. Not like I really club or bar hop anymore and most of my friends now are so busy with their own family now that I never see them much at all. Honestly we really dont have much in common with most of our friends since my husband and I decided to not have kids and focus on our careers.

Who know, maybe one day I'll gain enough SL friends from my North Carolina area and start a monthly or quarterly club. I think its really cool how the furry community meets. Maybe one day Second Life will do a convention where you can meet folks, for the people who dont mind sharing SL and RL.😁

SLCCs have been done.

https://www.avacon.org/blog/events/second-life-community-convention/

https://www.facebook.com/Second-Life-Community-Convention-123656407663676/

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2019 at 5:49 PM, Billy Daxter said:

To answer the OP.  Yes.  I have met a LOT of people from SL. Everyone in this photo is a friend I met from SL.  Of course it's also helpful that we are members of the furry community and that we have conventions where we regularly gather to hang out.  

i-6wQDgG5-X2.jpg

I love this photo! :D

The drummer in our band is a furry, both in SL and in RL. We have our first gig soon and it'll be at a furry meet. I have never been to a furry meet since I'm not a furry myself. I can imagine it'll feel like we're performing in Second Life XD.

• Like 1

I've been here since 2005.  There used to be organized get-togethers of SL people.  Kind of like a Star Wars conference.  I never went to one, though.  I don't think the labs sponsored them; they were community driven. 

2 hours ago, Erwin Solo said:

I've been here since 2005.  There used to be organized get-togethers of SL people.  Kind of like a Star Wars conference.  I never went to one, though.  I don't think the labs sponsored them; they were community driven. 

LL sponsored at least three or four of them. I went to one, had a lot of fun, though my impression overall was not what I expected.

I'm not against meeting Rl but you might surprised that I'm not that sweet little candyfloss as I act here. 

I have. Friend/Brother of mine needed help once. I won't go in to super detail because it's not mine to tell, but the short version is he needed a place to stay due to unforeseen circumstances until he got some things sorted with a move he was doing in RL. He said Claw I need your help. I said come on. lol Think it was one of the shortest lived conversation that man has ever had. lol All got sorted and he went back to happily ever after land. ;)

Edited by Velk Kerang
Corrections.

I met my current boyfriend online through my art commissions, and he introduced me to SL later on. I live with him now, moved across coasts to do so.

There's very few people in my online circle I'd care to meet IRL, but even less so from SL. I think it is harder to meet and vet people through SL, but easier to do so on other social media platforms.

It can be done.  It has been done.

I've met at least two people in RL that I first met in SL.  I know of at least three instances where people met in SL, and went on to meet, and marry, in RL.

But be aware, if you are looking for that Perfect Someone, that the odds are stacked against you.  Even if you are just meeting on a friendly basis, no romance involved, take precautions.  Make sure you have "met" online in other platforms, and have, preferably, exchanged voice and even video communications.  Meet in a public place.  Tell a friend where you are going and when you will be back.  Take your cell phone and have your friend on speed dial.  Take a RL friend along, even.

Hi, I'm currently looking for a girl for RL, I'm 37 years old. More information on my profile of the world.

Hola, actualmente estoy buscando chica para RL en España. Tengo 37 años, mas datos en mi perfil.

Edited by Soy Aldrin
add content

I've met several SL friends in RL.  I used to be an officer for the SL band Friendly Fire, and they were also a local RL band down in south Florida.  My husband and I drove down to one of their RL gigs, and they also came to our house to deliver a kitten from a mama cat they'd adopted who unexpectedly turned out to be... well, expecting.

We're also meeting some friends at Epcot in December.  We met the wife in SL (she owned a club where Friendly Fire performed), and the last time they came to Florida we met up at the Rose and Crown... so we figure we'll do a repeat of it this year :)

I agree with the caution warnings.  Thus far we haven't had any negative interactions, but these are also people we've talked with and worked with for literally years, and who have made the transition from SL to RL Facebook, then RL meeting, etc.