I was told some even married... but that is just another of those stories on the internet...

• Confused 1

I married my SL partner. We met in SL in September 13th, 2009 and we got married in RL November 22nd, 2011 and we now have two beautiful daughters.

So yeah, we met in RL 🙂

• Like 11

I've met several people in RL from SL. One turned out to be a partner I lived with for 7 years. I have several close friends I met in SL first. Some are still in SL, some aren't and either way, the friendships remain. Do be careful, though, if you go this route. Make sure you have talked in voice and/or cam frequently and you TRULY know what you are getting into. I have had a couple of close calls with 'friends'I made in SL that turned out to be quite creepy people. 

• Like 1

Yes, yes. Many times. Maybe 30% of them are still in contact. 👫👭

• Like 1

It definitely happens!

I've met several of my SL friends in RL.

One woman I know met TWO real life husbands in SL.  The first turned out to be a real creepy stalker/control freak, but the second has worked out just fine.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, usedcars said:

has anyone ever met someone from SL in RL??  

Yep, but it was an SL friend, not anyone that I was in a romantic or sexual relationship with.

• Like 3

I’m an oddity; since 2005 I have been with my SL partner and both of us have happily left that relationship to SL.

It works for us, (for 14 years) which is all that matters....

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d3945695a374c596f

• Like 8

Have I? Nope. Would I? Eeeeehhhhhh maaaaybeeee?? I suppose it depended on many factors.

But that infamous Second Life documentary made it seem like many players eventually meet up in Real. 

Met lots over the years. Even had a friend come all the way from Australia to the UK and we went on a girly holiday to Amsterdam.  But I am also an oddity like  @AmandaKeen as |I have been with my partner for over 10 years and we have never felt the need to meet in RL yet. 

3 hours ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Yes. It went well. We'd been Skyping for quite some time before, though.

Always a good idea to build up a bit of a verbal rapport before meeting anyone, it can be an awkward first meeting if everything to that point has only ever been text.

• Like 1

My former RL landlady & I met one of her SL friends and fighting instructors. He's a really nice guy in SL & RL. On the other hand, her SL partner who she married in SL, turned out to be hiding that he was married in RL. She found out when she went to the UK in part to meet him. 🙄

I was introduced to SL by a RL friend, so  I met other mutual SL friends of his in RL too. One became one of my best RL friends. Another became my RL boyfriend for a couple years.

I recently met another longtime SL friend in RL. 

In general, remember that nobody looks like their avatar in RL, and you won't really know someone until you're been around them in RL for awhile. 😉

• Haha 1

On 7/23/2019 at 10:48 PM, usedcars said:

has anyone ever met someone from SL in RL??  

On a technicality, yes, but we did not meet in SL; we originally met online elsewhere. I introduced him to SL but it did not work well on his computer at the time so he soon gave up, though we kept in touch elsewhere online. He did come to the UK to visit me a couple of years later. We had a fabulous time, and lots of sex, and now he's back on SL and we are still good friends, Come to think of it though, I don't think we ever had sex in SL. 😕

• Like 3

My SL partner of 8 years, I've been married to her IRL for 6 years, that being said, clearly we met, got married, even had children. It's not an extremely out of the norm thing, people met from online venues all the time, especially in this day and age, but you always find people that Catfish others, everywhere, SL is no exception.

I've never met with anyone I met in SL, but I did meet some of the people I play/played WoW with. I would certainly be up to meeting someone from SL.