How do I stream netflix inworld?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 hours ago, oxLunaBellaxo said:

Is it possible to stream Netflix in world where it syncs for those in my home?  i have the AVEN tv that syncs and then Xcontrol.  Is there better ones that will allow us to watch netflix?

3 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

It is possible because if you can see it, you can copy it: Prop up your iPad or angle your Television and begin playing your Netflix, set up a video camera to live-stream to YouTube and aim it at the iPad or television playing Netflix, then get the URL of the YouTube stream and out that onto a prim and set Media on a Prim in properties of the prim and point the URL to that stream address.

DONE!

And my comment is serious, not a quip or trolling or anything - I am very serious. If you want to put Netflix (or any other locked-down content) in-world badly enough, there is always a way and for Netflix, this is the way.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Positional syncing (where you are when you pause/exit the video) was once possible when you could actually watc Netflix in Second Life but that was fickle and quite a PITA to manage.

While rather iffy on the legal side, Alyona's suggestion above is the only way to do so and ensure everyone watching is at the exact same point in the video at all times.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1735 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.