Jump to content
Leora Jacobus

Bellisserian divorces ;)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Great idea! I'm picturing a big happy commune in Bellisseria, full of free love advocates, all getting along and sharing everything and everyone. Peace and good vibes!

You've got the right idea now! No need for any divorces or breakups... just share and share alike!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

You've got the right idea now! No need for any divorces or breakups... just share and share alike!

No worries about who owns the furniture, either!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

No worries about who owns the furniture, either!

no cause it's just bongs and beanbags and black light posters, some doorway beads and a really huge rug with a questionable stain.... :)

  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Please marrieds- set all items to group, so that when your partner throws your sheet in the yard & starts a bonfire with it, I will be there to take the pics ^^

 

 

giphy (13).gif

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I keep seeing an opening scene of fireworks bursting into the sky and a theme song playing out loud. "D i v o r c e  Bellisserian Style"

 

 

 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, SerraWeckerly said:

no cause it's just bongs and beanbags and black light posters, some doorway beads and a really huge rug with a questionable stain.... :)

Let's not forget about the shelves made from cinder blocks, the "spool" table, road signs hanging on the walls and the traffic cone ...

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, MichaMoz said:

Let's not forget about the shelves made from cinder blocks, the "spool" table, road signs hanging on the walls and the traffic cone ...

He can have all that, I'm making off with the home made bong

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

You really told me something new there. Leora owns all the furniture, her alts own houses. She usually just decorates the homes and that's that. We all have marked on our friends list that we can move each others items. So the alts can move or delete the things too.

I thought that was the common way to handle it even if not the same woman behind the keyboard steered the lot of them.

What good is setting furniture to a group and how can I do that? - especially if it is NoTrans which most things are.

 

You can either let anyone rez on the parcel or only group members or only the owner.  If you want to let alts rez and not have it open to public rezzing then you need the parcel either set or deeded to group (only set is allowed with Linden Homes) and then the rezzing person needs the group active in order to rez.

 

 

3 hours ago, Matty Luminos said:

The advantage of setting items to a group is so that other people besides the land owner can put their stuff down on the land. Whether that's an alt, a partner or a tenant. If you use Firestorm it will automatically set the objects to the right group automatically, but if you use the SL viewer or another that doesn't have that feature, you can select it on the first tab of the object's Edit window (when the object is rezzed inworld). The land must be set to the same group too; that option is on the About Land tab.

You're also right about allowing others to edit and manipulate your objects; if the jilted wife gave her ex husband permission to do that, she  should revoke that permission immediately. 

Edited to add - obviously you need to be in the same group at the time the object is rezzed. It makes no difference if you leave or are booted from the group later.

Firestorm will automatically rez items with the correct group tag for my Group Deeded Mainland, but it won't do it for the Linden Home that my alt owns and has "Set" to group -- I always have to actually activate that group in order to rez.   So, I've always assumed that the Firestorm function only worked with Deeded group land - or maybe only for the true owner if the land is Set (rather than Deeded) to group (will have to check that this evening with the alt that actually owns the parcel).

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SerraWeckerly said:

no cause it's just bongs and beanbags and black light posters, some doorway beads and a really huge rug with a questionable stain.... :)

Now I want to redecorate my Linden Home just like that.

I wonder if cannabis plants in the garden are against the ToS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You can either let anyone rez on the parcel or only group members or only the owner.  If you want to let alts rez and not have it open to public rezzing then you need the parcel either set or deeded to group (only set is allowed with Linden Homes) and then the rezzing person needs the group active in order to rez.

 

 

Firestorm will automatically rez items with the correct group tag for my Group Deeded Mainland, but it won't do it for the Linden Home that my alt owns and has "Set" to group -- I always have to actually activate that group in order to rez.   So, I've always assumed that the Firestorm function only worked with Deeded group land - or maybe only for the true owner if the land is Set (rather than Deeded) to group (will have to check that this evening with the alt that actually owns the parcel).

FS will rez items under the group associated with the parcel you are standing on. However, first, you have to have rez rights for the parcel you are placing the object on. It's a two step process where 1) Parcel says, does this person have the right to rez an object on me? OK! then 2) FS says "let me set that object to a group for you" now that it's OK for you to rez it. This will not necessarily be the group associated with the parcel you just rezzed on.

Example: I can stand on LL-owned land next to a parcel that I own in Bay City. I have the right to rez on the parcel that I own, so my object rezzes there just fine. However, I am not standing ON the parcel, my avatar's feet are on the LL land. The rezzed object, on my own parcel, will be set to the LL group.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
Clarity, I hope!
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Doesen't apply to me for I share my house with 5 sisters and 1 brother who are really all my ALTS so we are a happy family that seldom quarrels. ;)

But I heard a lot of women mentioning "my hubby" ... has a house ... I decorate it for him ... and so on.

Suppose a man has a house, makes a group with his SL wife (and others?), gives her rezzrights and she decorates it with her furniture. Later they quarrel. He has another woman, divorces her and throws her out of the group. What about all her furniture? Does it vanish? (being automatically returned to her inventory)? If he wants to get rid of it, he can delete it or return it to her inventory but if he wants to keep it?

If he has a security orb she cannot just march in and take or delete it.

What is she supposed to do? ;)

 

Will there be divorce reception parties? Those sound more fun than wedding receptions! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Nah... I'd feel happy that I'm rid of him and he can be her problem now! And it would drive her NUTS living surrounded by my stuff that he can't let go of.

Damn straight! There is something terrible about them doing it in the bed I laid out....like karma justice at play......Yea try to forget me *****, I was on all those animations before your tramp ass was......ohh oppps sorry, too much caffeine this morning! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

He can have all that, I'm making off with the home made bong

I already stole the bong, it's at my house....

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Will there be divorce reception parties? Those sound more fun than wedding receptions! 

Now I want to have one of those SL weddings that takes three hours because everyone keeps crashing due to their scripted jewelry/hair/release of pixel doves/mandatory horse and carriage, with a half-rezzed zombie minister in a cowboy hat reading the vows, and spend too much on pictures I'll post all over social media, just so I can split two weeks later and have a FAB divorce party. Anyone want to get married?

(Or can we sign a prenup where we agree to skip straight to the divorce party?)

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hendrix Portal said:

Now I want to have one of those SL weddings that takes three hours because everyone keeps crashing due to their scripted jewelry/hair/release of pixel doves/mandatory horse and carriage, with a half-rezzed zombie minister in a cowboy hat reading the vows, and spend too much on pictures I'll post all over social media, just so I can split two weeks later and have a FAB divorce party. Anyone want to get married?

(Or can we sign a prenup where we agree to skip straight to the divorce party?)

Hot darn, lets get married so we can throw a divorce party. I demand a prenup though... I don't wanna split my houseboat in half. It'd be awkward. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mae Omizu said:

Hot darn, lets get married so we can throw a divorce party. I demand a prenup though... I don't wanna split my houseboat in half. It'd be awkward. 

If we split it I'd be willing to take the navy-blue-wall side. I'm nice like that. 😋

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hendrix Portal said:

If we split it I'd be willing to take the navy-blue-wall side. I'm nice like that. 😋

No dice. You can have the upper deck. I even put a grill and a patio table up there already. Consider them wedding/divorce gifts. :P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

FS will rez items under the group associated with the parcel you are standing on. However, first, you have to have rez rights for the parcel you are placing the object on. It's a two step process where 1) Parcel says, does this person have the right to rez an object on me? OK! then 2) FS says "let me set that object to a group for you" now that it's OK for you to rez it. This will not necessarily be the group associated with the parcel you just rezzed on.

Example: I can stand on LL-owned land next to a parcel that I own in Bay City. I have the right to rez on the parcel that I own, so my object rezzes there just fine. However, I am not standing ON the parcel, my avatar's feet are on the LL land. The rezzed object, on my own parcel, will be set to the LL group.

In my Firestorm, I have checked "Always rez objects under the land group if possible"

On my Mainland parcel, deeded to that group, that I do have all "abilities" in (though I am not the group owner), it does not matter what group I have active -  all rezzed items end up rezzed as the land group - i.e. Firestorm doing its thing.

At my Alt's house, which is SET to the same group -- therefore I do have all 'abilities' as far as the group is concerned -- I must actually activate the land group before I can rez items.  Whereas the Alt that is the actual owner of the land, can rez items and they do get set to the proper land group while she has a different group active -- i.e. Firestorm is doing the group setting there.

Given all testing, I'm assuming that it can only set the proper group for rezzing if:
 1) The land is 'Deeded' to the group  OR
 2) The land is 'Set' to the group AND the person rezzing is the true land owner.

Resulting in:  Since the land is 'Set' to group, but not Deeded, and I am not the true land owner, it isn't able to set the group properly, and I must always manually activate the group in order to rez.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think FS has anything to do with whether one is actually able to rez. The only thing I've ever seen this feature do is to set the group on the item itself (assuming you are able to rez it in the first place), which is useful if you are rezzing items on a group-owned parcel that has auto-return set for non-group items. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Freudian slip? 😂😂😂

 

LOLOL. Had to read that twice, before I even got it. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

EXACTLY

Let the *itc* sleep in YOUR bed I say 😂

 

Now for something completely different... After all these months, I just now 'got' your name! 'Lunasea', like 'Abnor Mole.' 😜 I swear, sometimes I'm so blonde, I feel there's not enough dye in the world to correct the issue! :P

Anyway, sorry, as you were. :) 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

What about all her furniture?

how he will going to explain that to his new soon found everlasting forever love for a week? ... most will return it before she's even told they broke up :)
I'm always getting very suspicious when i get a invite and find lots of stuff onwed by somebody who's not the inviter.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

And if they divorced within a week, what if she got pregnant with an SL baby?

Edited by Love Zhaoying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...