Jump to content

Bellisserian divorces ;)


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Doesen't apply to me for I share my house with 5 sisters and 1 brother who are really all my ALTS so we are a happy family that seldom quarrels. ;)

But I heard a lot of women mentioning "my hubby" ... has a house ... I decorate it for him ... and so on.

Suppose a man has a house, makes a group with his SL wife (and others?), gives her rezzrights and she decorates it with her furniture. Later they quarrel. He has another woman, divorces her and throws her out of the group. What about all her furniture? Does it vanish? (being automatically returned to her inventory)? If he wants to get rid of it, he can delete it or return it to her inventory but if he wants to keep it?

If he has a security orb she cannot just march in and take or delete it.

What is she supposed to do? ;)

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Start a scene in the streets of Bellisseria ofc, with lots of yelling, keying they car and all that jizz, maybe even set it on fire ala Lisa left eye Lopes

Nah... I'd feel happy that I'm rid of him and he can be her problem now! And it would drive her NUTS living surrounded by my stuff that he can't let go of.

Freudian slip? 😂😂😂

Posted Images

Why does this only apply to women? 

I have a houseboat. My partner lives with me. I pay for my premium membership, he pays for his own things. It's not 1951 anymore. 

And if someone is the type of person to get butt-hurt over copy-mod pixel items being returned or not returned, why would anyone want to be involved with that person anyway? 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If the furniture is set to the group that he owns, it will stay in place. And copyable furniture isn't a problem, she will still have it in her inventory and can rez more wherever she wants. If it's no-copy, she can either wait for him to return it, or she can stand at the edge of the property, cam in and select her stuff and pick it up. He can't pick it up himself and keep it, unless she has set it for sale or give-away.  It isn't really possible for someone to actually steal objects you own in SL.

Edited by Matty Luminos
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Doesen't apply to me for I share my house with 5 sisters and 1 brother who are really all my ALTS so we are a happy family that seldom quarrels. ;)

But I heard a lot of women mentioning "my hubby" ... has a house ... I decorate it for him ... and so on.

Suppose a man has a house, makes a group with his SL wife (and others?), gives her rezzrights and she decorates it with her furniture. Later they quarrel. He has another woman, divorces her and throws her out of the group. What about all her furniture? Does it vanish? (being automatically returned to her inventory)? If he wants to get rid of it, he can delete it or return it to her inventory but if he wants to keep it?

If he has a security orb she cannot just march in and take or delete it.

What is she supposed to do? ;)

 

Start a scene in the streets of Bellisseria ofc, with lots of yelling, keying they car and all that jizz, maybe even set it on fire ala Lisa left eye Lopes

  • Like 1
  • Haha 20
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would hope they would handle it like any grown adults should in that situation.

On a more positive note, I hope there aren't a massive amount of breakups in the community. I hope people remain happy in their relationships no matter what world it exists in. 

Edited to add...what I typed out sounds grumpy. It wasn't meant that way at all. So I'm sorry if it came out that way. 

I really need to stop posting when I have a migraine. I'm gonna go be quiet now. 😊

 

Edited by LyricalBookworm
Because I must add this has a grumpy tone to it that really wasn't meant.
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

If the furniture is set to the group that he owns, it will stay in place... If it's no-copy, she can either wait for him to return it, or she can stand at the edge of the property, cam in and select her stuff and pick it up.

You really told me something new there. Leora owns all the furniture, her alts own houses. She usually just decorates the homes and that's that. We all have marked on our friends list that we can move each others items. So the alts can move or delete the things too.

I thought that was the common way to handle it even if not the same woman behind the keyboard steered the lot of them.

What good is setting furniture to a group and how can I do that? - especially if it is NoTrans which most things are.

 

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Why does this only apply to women? 

I have a houseboat. My partner lives with me. I pay for my premium membership, he pays for his own things. It's not 1951 anymore. 

And if someone is the type of person to get butt-hurt over copy-mod pixel items being returned or not returned, why would anyone want to be involved with that person anyway? 

Don't get annoyed! Obviously the same applies if SHE owns the house and HE decorated it. Vive l'egalité! ;)

And though the objects maybe copy and she can rezz new ones I can well imagine that she resents his living happily with the next woman in a home she decorated. Can't you??

 

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

You really told me something new there. Leora owns all the furniture, her alts own houses. She usually just decorates the homes and that's that. We all have marked on our friends list that we can move each others items. So the alts can move or delete the things too.

I thought that was the common way to handle it even if not the same woman behind the keyboard steered the lot of them.

What good is setting furniture to a group and how can I do that? - especially if it is NoTrans which most things are.

 

The advantage of setting items to a group is so that other people besides the land owner can put their stuff down on the land. Whether that's an alt, a partner or a tenant. If you use Firestorm it will automatically set the objects to the right group automatically, but if you use the SL viewer or another that doesn't have that feature, you can select it on the first tab of the object's Edit window (when the object is rezzed inworld). The land must be set to the same group too; that option is on the About Land tab.

You're also right about allowing others to edit and manipulate your objects; if the jilted wife gave her ex husband permission to do that, she  should revoke that permission immediately. 

Edited to add - obviously you need to be in the same group at the time the object is rezzed. It makes no difference if you leave or are booted from the group later.

Edited by Matty Luminos
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

... You're also right about allowing others to edit and manipulate your objects; if the jilted wife gave her ex husband permission to do that, she  should revoke that permission immediately. 

Edited to add - obviously you need to be in the same group at the time the object is rezzed. It makes no difference if you leave or are booted from the group later.

Well she was in the group when she rezzed the furniture - and (let's assume) at that time he was allowed to manupulate her objects.

Later she is kicked out of the group and revokes the permission. Is he still able to move the items? or just to delete them?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Don't get annoyed! Obviously the same applies if SHE owns the house and HE decorated it. Vive l'egalité! ;)

And though the objects maybe copy and she can rezz new ones I can well imagine that she resents his living happily with the next woman in a home she decorated. Can't you??

Nah... I'd feel happy that I'm rid of him and he can be her problem now! And it would drive her NUTS living surrounded by my stuff that he can't let go of.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

If they are copy mod doesn't even matter does it?

If no copy, how precious are they do the person anyway?

Gosh, in RL I walked away from a marriage and let the person have it all because who could be bothered with arguing about stuff? It's toxic and we're talking about pixel objects that cost pennies sometimes.

Personally, I'd be happy to be rid of the person and move on with my life and just go and buy a new set of whatever it is if it was no copy and meant that much to me. And nothing in SL, means that much to me. Nothing.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well she was in the group when she rezzed the furniture - and (let's assume) at that time he was allowed to manupulate her objects.

Later she is kicked out of the group and revokes the permission. Is he still able to move the items? or just to delete them?

He can't move them or take them into his inventory, but he can delete them or return them.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Well she was in the group when she rezzed the furniture - and (let's assume) at that time he was allowed to manupulate her objects.

Later she is kicked out of the group and revokes the permission. Is he still able to move the items? or just to delete them?

She can still take the items back if she wants to, whether or not she's in the group; setting the items to a land-group means the items still belong to her. Setting items to a land-group affects her ability to rez the item on that parcel, not her ability to own the item and take the item back if she desires.  Thank heavens  :) You do mean "setting" to a group, and not "deeding" to a group, yeah?

Edit:  he can manipulate her objects because she's given him permission elsewhere to manipulate her objects, a permission she can revoke at any time.  Separate from groups.

Edited by Clarrellae
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Nah... I'd feel happy that I'm rid of him and he can be her problem now! And it would drive her NUTS living surrounded by my stuff that he can't let go of.

If this situation happens....it would have to involve cheating for a person's  stuff to still be there, you just left, the new girl/guy shows up..so now she/he has a left over man/woman,  left over furniture...leave a half eaten ham sammy on the counter so she/he can have that sad leftover too...good riddance to sad rubbish..

  • Like 3
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Everyone should just have an open relationship so there's no cheating. 

Great idea! I'm picturing a big happy commune in Bellisseria, full of free love advocates, all getting along and sharing everything and everyone. Peace and good vibes!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 461 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...