New Homes

LegacyBequest

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes, it's called patience.

Beyond that it helps to read up on the forums. There's a multitude of threads and topics to wade through, but the general information is this:

Releases happen regularly but without any set time. They can happen any day (except for weekends and public holidays). Regions used to be released every Mon, Wed and Fri, now it's any day during the working week. Hours vary but expect releases during the work hours (for LL employees).

Some people use Auto Refresh plug-ins (you can Google if you don't know what they are) that help give some the advantage in that they don't need to manually click all the time. But there is a restriction in place meaning you can only use auto refresh on average once a minute. See here for details: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/439900-refresh-limit-reached/. The average time for a region to be taken/all houses claimed can average anywhere between 3 to 7 seconds; that means you need to be very quick (and lucky) to catch one.

Most of the houses people catch are abandons; other houses people are letting go to generally try their luck getting a different house. Abandons happen at any time, day or night, including weekends. You just have to wait for someone to decide to abandon their homes before you see one show up on your dashboard page.

A larger release is speculated to happen in the coming months with the release of the trailers/campers. At that point we'd expect to see more homes available as people abandon their current homes to secure a new trailer lot - but that remains to be seen as they haven't been released yet.

If you join the Bellisseria Community and Bellisseria Citizens Groups in world you may be lucky enough to see Patch Linden announce warning a region is about to be released. That doesn't happen always. Sometimes other residents will announce that a region has been released instead once they have caught themselves a house. That may be the only "warning" you get.

For region releases there is no official warning. For larger releases Patch will update his post herehttps://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/435708-the-new-linden-homes-update-post/. Beyond all that it's a matter of patience, keep refreshing your page on the dashboard, keep an eye on the forums and the groups in world, and be quick enough to click the appropriate buttons when you do see Bellisseria show up on the drop-down menu in your dashboard style selection (the same page, and same means you see older style homes right now). Bellisseria will only show up when homes are available, so if you don't see it on the drop-down menu that means there's no houses or house boats currently available. Here's a good thread to watch: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/439050-when-did-you-last-see-a-bellessarian-home-available/ as well as this one: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/426577-ssp/.

A quick tip to save time; whether manually refreshing or using an Auto Refresh plug in, go to your dashboard, fill in the name field with any random name and select the NEXT button. Once the page shows up asking you to agree to the terms and conditions return to your dashboard (do not agree to the terms!). Then click the yellow "get your home now" button to take you back to where you were. You should now see that the name field is already filled in so you don't have to manually type it in every time you refresh the page. This is crucial because when a Bellisseria house does show up it can be gone in a split second, so every second counts, and it's time you can't waste on typing in a name. This method has helped me and others in the past.

I'm sure others have advice but that's all I know. Beyond that, good luck and hang in there. It could take a while but you will get a house eventually, you just have to be patient. :)

Edited by RaeLeeH
To edit, naturally.
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

Yes, it's called patience.

Beyond that it helps to read up on the forums. There's a multitude of threads and topics to wade through, but the general information is this:

Releases happen regularly but without any set time. They can happen any day (except for weekends and public holidays). Regions used to be released every Mon, Wed and Fri, now it's any day during the working week. Hours vary but expect releases during the work hours (for LL employees).

Some people use Auto Refresh plug-ins (you can Google if you don't know what they are) that help give some the advantage in that they don't need to manually click all the time. But there is a restriction in place meaning you can only use auto refresh on average once a minute. See here for details: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/439900-refresh-limit-reached/. The average time for a region to be taken/all houses claimed can average anywhere between 3 to 7 seconds; that means you need to be very quick (and lucky) to catch one.

Most of the houses people catch are abandons; other houses people are letting go to generally try their luck getting a different house. Abandons happen at any time, day or night, including weekends. You just have to wait for someone to decide to abandon their homes before you see one show up on your dashboard page.

A larger release is speculated to happen in the coming months with the release of the trailers/campers. At that point we'd expect to see more homes available as people abandon their current homes to secure a new trailer lot - but that remains to be seen as they haven't been released yet.

If you join the Bellisseria Community and Bellisseria Citizens Groups in world you may be lucky enough to see Patch Linden announce warning a region is about to be released. That doesn't happen always. Sometimes other residents will announce that a region has been released instead once they have caught themselves a house. That may be the only "warning" you get.

For region releases there is no official warning. For larger releases Patch will update his post herehttps://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/435708-the-new-linden-homes-update-post/. Beyond all that it's a matter of patience, keep refreshing your page on the dashboard, keep an eye on the forums and the groups in world, and be quick enough to click the appropriate buttons when you do see Bellisseria show up on the drop-down menu in your dashboard style selection (the same page, and same means you see older style homes right now). Bellisseria will only show up when homes are available, so if you don't see it on the drop-down menu that means there's no houses or house boats currently available. Here's a good thread to watch: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/439050-when-did-you-last-see-a-bellessarian-home-available/ as well as this one: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/426577-ssp/.

A quick tip to save time; whether manually refreshing or using an Auto Refresh plug in, go to your dashboard, fill in the name field with any random name and select the NEXT button. Once the page shows up asking you to agree to the terms and conditions return to your dashboard (do not agree to the terms!). Then click the yellow "get your home now" button to take you back to where you were. You should now see that the name field is already filled in so you don't have to manually type it in every time you refresh the page. This is crucial because when a Bellisseria house does show up it can be gone in a split second, so every second counts, and it's time you can't waste on typing in a name. This method has helped me and others in the past.

I'm sure others have advice but that's all I know. Beyond that, good luck and hang in there. It could take a while but you will get a house eventually, you just have to be patient. :)

LOL. You had me at "it's called patience.😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, RaeLeeH said:

... a 512 home... yeah I can totally see that happening... 

7 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I'd like one! If there is less demand then all the better :)

As they only have half prim allowance as traditional or houseboat and the initial responses to them by my inworld friends were quite negative I really think you will have good chances on them.

I dare to foretell a lot of angry forum posts by users complaining they just got 512 after not reading the small print though.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1

There's going to be a lot of angry forum posters anyway until everyone gets the house they want as soon as they want/expect/demand it.

Personally I'm not keen on the LI but to those who just want a skybox to get changed in those parcels may be a better option - though if they are settled where they are there's no incentive to move to what's considered a downgrade anyway so... *shrugs* 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Fionalein said:

As they only have half prim allowance as traditional or houseboat and the initial responses to them by my inworld friends were quite negative I really think you will have good chances on them.

I dare to foretell a lot of angry forum posts by users complaining they just got 512 after not reading the small print though.

Yeah, but it will just be another complaint in the never-ending list of things folks are whining about.

There are actually quite a few that are interested in trying out the "Tiny Home" thing.  And there are many that want to swap their old Linden Home for a newer 512 plot because they are already using their other 512 tier allowance on a store somewhere or donating it to their RP group, etc...

I definitely don't expect a very large batch of abandoned Traditional Houses or Houseboats in order to get a Camper/Trailer, but there will be some.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Instead  of doing the small amount release everyday, With no warning when they will do it. Can the lindens not release all the houses they done that  weeks on a Friday or Monday at a certain time so everyone will know when there is a release. And not have to sit at there computer Monday, Wednesday , Friday. As most people do have a real live and Job that helps pay for this game. 

21 minutes ago, Frankief said:

Instead  of doing the small amount release everyday, With no warning when they will do it. Can the lindens not release all the houses they done that  weeks on a Friday or Monday at a certain time so everyone will know when there is a release. And not have to sit at there computer Monday, Wednesday , Friday. As most people do have a real live and Job that helps pay for this game. 

They have tried a variety of ways to do the releases and someone is invariably unhappy with whatever they do. Every single one of us has a real life, thank you very much, and most have jobs as well, yet we've miraculously managed to acquire a home on Bellisseria. 

It is absolutely impossible for the Lindens to choose a method of release that pleases everyone as has been shown time and time again as we continue to beat this poor dead horse into the ground. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Frankief said:

They actually tried doing that, and there were two big problems:

1.  Quite a few people found it impossible to ever make it at those scheduled times, so were permanently locked out of getting a Belli home.  So then they moved it around, and people bugged the Lindens AND Moles (who have little to do with the actual release) endlessly to find out the next scheduled time.

2.  We accidentally mounted a DDOS attack on the land website, and the server began to experience electronic heart failure. Despite the new timeout, it can be gamed and we would probably crash it again if we all knew when releases were happening.

Watch for abandoned properties, they can come up any time. The the best place I have gotten was an abandoned property. 

And think about this:  LL is quite upfront about wanting Belli residents to build community.  Well, adversity draws us together.   So long as there is suspense as to when one of these highly coveted releases is happening, people are inworld chatting about it.  Folks are watching the map to see when a region releases, and doing things while they wait.  Having parties, making friends to help them get or decorate a home, spending Lindens.

There are venues and parties to go to while you wait.  Try the Belli Blues Cafe, or Bitsy's Octopus's Garden (for one month only!), both specifically catering to Belli Homeless.  Join a group to learn about Pirate DJ gigs, they're happening all the time, I'm sure you can make one.

ETA:  Releases are now happening just about daily,  so far sometime between 6:30AM and 3:30PM SLT.  Almost always a single region per day.  There was one today, Tuesday, at about 7:35AM.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Try the Belli Blues Cafe, or Bitsy's Octopus's Garden (for one month only!), both specifically catering to Belli Homeless. 

Thanks Nika. Just replying here to get the slurl on the page, see the sig below.

Hardly anyone's stopped by though, so if you (OP or anyone else) want to chat with a friend or lark around on the toys you'll likely have the place to yourself. The region is dead quiet too.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1716 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.