Bones names hierarchy :EDIT: distortion

Moleculo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello! I'm trying to figure out the hierarchy of bones names in the SL.

Here is the hierarchy of the bones of my model:

1.png.a2a474e2a41bff508f37ce5737ca8f37.png

and SL default model:

2.png.fc7ce6fdf3140eff6f3664ef975640ad.png

As you can see on one "branch" I have 4 "branches" (or parent and children - I'm not sure), and on the other there are five. There is no such thing on default SL model.

I start with mPelvis as root, but I don’t know what to do next. please, help!

What names should I give to my bones so that the download is successful?

Edited by Moleculo

EDIT 1: In general, I figured out the names! This is the chain I got:

Untitled.png.ed56352e32fa8e6db5ad7f06c9f7fca6.png

I took the names of the bones from the bento skeleton hierarchy - there was a richer choice in it.

I "successfully" uploaded the model and even made an animation! Yay!

But the model is highly distorted at the uploading stage with weights and joints enabled:

2.thumb.png.7d369cc294a1899d328c7f5e0c74efcc.png

What can be wrong?

The rezzed model looks correct:

Snapshot_001.thumb.jpg.4bc4fbd44acdfdd6ec35b9702914feff.jpg

This is how the animation of a distorted model looks like:

ezgif-4-1d32fbdc75ba.gif.b4f63ace013e3632bcd4d2a136fd895e.gif
And what to do with the names of the bones that I did not use? Do i need to add them? My bvh file turned out very short. And I also did not apply the rotation and scale in a blender to my model. Can any of this be the cause?

EDIT 2: I placed the model at the origin along the x-axis, applied location, rotation and scale of the model and skeleton, it looks different but is still very distorted...

Snapshot_001.png.0d1837d4e4cd67c315b124e06de6870c.png

Edited by Moleculo

• Moleculo changed the title to Bones names hierarchy :EDIT: distortion

You altered the hierarchy, that's what is wrong with its distortion. The avatar skeleton hierarchy can't be altered and it always has to be the same as in a human. What you're supposed to do, in order for a very different structure to work and animate properly, is to take an avatar model, reposition the bones without changing their parenting order, weight paint  it like that, then create an animation rig that uses an arbitrary hierarchy for the thing to animate properly and use that to constrain the SL skeleton's bones.

• Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, OptimoMaximo said:

You altered the hierarchy, that's what is wrong with its distortion. The avatar skeleton hierarchy can't be altered and it always has to be the same as in a human. What you're supposed to do, in order for a very different structure to work and animate properly, is to take an avatar model, reposition the bones without changing their parenting order, weight paint  it like that, then create an animation rig that uses an arbitrary hierarchy for the thing to animate properly and use that to constrain the SL skeleton's bones.

Thank you very much for the answer!
  I wanted to use this particular rig, because the "eye" of this creature is very complex and some elements are uncomfortable for weight painting. I myself will not be able to repeat such a rig from scratch with the use of sl bones, so unfortunately so far I have to abandon this idea... So sorry...

If there was some other way, for example, to add the missing bones to the existing rig - it would be just fine!

42 minutes ago, Moleculo said:

You still annoying stalker.

Stop spamming on my questions!

She is right, by uploading these models and you are violating Valve's copyright, as well as LL's TOS.

When you applied for mesh upload rights, you declared that you have read, and agreed to the Intellectual Property Policy, which you can re-read aty this link: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Intellectual_Property

Let me quote you a small section from that page: "You should not use copyrighted, trademarked, or celebrity material in Second Life, unless of course you are the intellectual property owner or have permission from the intellectual property owner. Your use of Second Life is subject to applicable copyright, trademark, and right-of-publicity laws."

And as annoying that may be to you, you have still committed to this agreement. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

She is right, by uploading these models and you are violating Valve's copyright, as well as LL's TOS.

When you applied for mesh upload rights, you declared that you have read, and agreed to the Intellectual Property Policy, which you can re-read aty this link: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Intellectual_Property

Let me quote you a small section from that page: "You should not use copyrighted, trademarked, or celebrity material in Second Life, unless of course you are the intellectual property owner or have permission from the intellectual property owner. Your use of Second Life is subject to applicable copyright, trademark, and right-of-publicity laws."

And as annoying that may be to you, you have still committed to this agreement. 

tell this to neurolab who sells tron bike from the movie at the price 3000ls.

tell this to others thousands who sell lamborghini, ferrari cars in sl market. where is your law?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Doctor Visage said:

tell this to others thousands who sell lamborghini, ferrari cars in sl market. where is your law?

Just because the others do it it doesn't make them right. 

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Visage said:

This model is not stolen, it can absolutely legally and free be downloaded on the Internet, but slander is a criminal offense.

Being able to deownload a model doesn't mean you are allowed to upload it to SecondLife, Valve provides a lot of assets for free to the Hal-Life modding community, but you can only use them for Half-Life mods and source engine projects.

57 minutes ago, Doctor Visage said:

I can't vouch for neurolabs or anyone else but reproducing a design is a much more "gray" area of the law than straight ripping the original model. Ultimately it is irrelevant, "someone else might be doing it" is not a valid defence.

55 minutes ago, Doctor Visage said:

You find this funny? wanna talk with my lawyer?

ah... forget about it... just die moral freak. f u c k you!

This makes me very sad you have no idea. (sarcasm)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Doctor Visage said:

You find this funny? wanna talk with my lawyer?

ah... forget about it... just die moral freak. f u c k you!

Let's see.

1) Using a throwaway account to ask questions about uploading stolen assets: check

2) Using an alt as a sock puppet: check

3) Threatening with "MY LAWYER!": check

4) "DIE": check

5) Language: check

6) Language obscured with white spaces in an attempt to "hide" it: check

You scored 6/6, congratulations. You seem very eager to find out how much it takes to feel Linden Lab's ban hammer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.