Jump to content

10 years (or less ) Challenge


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

1st Earliest picture i could find was from 2011. Courtesy of Michael Takakura (The amazing jewellery, headpiece and outfit by Donna Flora - RIP, such a great talent lost forever :(

2nd pic my current look with Genus Babyface head (i finally joined #TeamGenus)

Jenny - tea time at SL8B.png

Snapshot_020.jpg

Edited by Jeny Howlett
  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe a slight improvement?

July 2007: July 2019:    

Posted Images

On 8/3/2019 at 9:00 PM, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

I am wondering if there is an interesting story here? :)

About the outfit? Not particularly. I used to wear something similar in RL on a regular basis so I tried to get the same in SL when I started. Unfortunately that much loved old leather vest no longer fits me in RL, but I still wear the red Chucks.

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

About the outfit? Not particularly. I used to wear something similar in RL on a regular basis so I tried to get the same in SL when I started. Unfortunately that much loved old leather vest no longer fits me in RL, but I still wear the red Chucks.

Those just seem like really different looks to me! I wondered if perhaps you had reinvented yourself (I have many times, so perhaps projecting). Sorry if I gave any offense, just seemed really interesting. :)

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

Those just seem like really different looks to me! I wondered if perhaps you had reinvented yourself (I have many times, so perhaps projecting). Sorry if I gave any offense, just seemed really interesting. :)

Not really a reinvention, more like having the ability to get closer to what I originally intended, as SL technology has improved.  The first thing was when Slink introduced mesh hands, and suddenly I was able to make my avatar missing a hand (to match me in RL) and it always frustrated me that I couldn't do it before, without losing both hands. My avatar's appearance is based on the character of Maedhros from the Silmarillion, because he had the same disability; I've been kind of obsessed with him since long before SL even existed. When mesh bodies and Omega came along it became even easier. But I was still frustrated with it because the end of the stump, which I made myself from a prim, never fit properly around the join.

The latest change came recently; I decided to try a Maitraya body with the V-tech flat chest to open up more possibilities for my fantasy & Fae costumes, but once I did that, I also discovered that there is a proper seamless mesh mod for Maitreya to do my missing hand without any visible seams. (The amputee kink/fetish community has its uses, sometimes!)  Now I have that mod, I realised that there's no going back.

The one thing I'm still not happy with is the head; I can't wear my original male head with the Maitreya body, and my previous skin doesn't work with a female head because the mapping of the eyelids doesn't match up, so I've ended up with a new skin and a face that's more feminine than I like. But it's close enough for now, until I find something better. 

Elves aren't supposed to look macho anyway... :D

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Not really a reinvention, more like having the ability to get closer to what I originally intended, as SL technology has improved.  The first thing was when Slink introduced mesh hands, and suddenly I was able to make my avatar missing a hand (to match me in RL) and it always frustrated me that I couldn't do it before, without losing both hands. My avatar's appearance is based on the character of Maedhros from the Silmarillion, because he had the same disability; I've been kind of obsessed with him since long before SL even existed. When mesh bodies and Omega came along it became even easier. But I was still frustrated with it because the end of the stump, which I made myself from a prim, never fit properly around the join.

The latest change came recently; I decided to try a Maitraya body with the V-tech flat chest to open up more possibilities for my fantasy & Fae costumes, but once I did that, I also discovered that there is a proper seamless mesh mod for Maitreya to do my missing hand without any visible seams. (The amputee kink/fetish community has its uses, sometimes!)  Now I have that mod, I realised that there's no going back.

The one thing I'm still not happy with is the head; I can't wear my original male head with the Maitreya body, and my previous skin doesn't work with a female head because the mapping of the eyelids doesn't match up, so I've ended up with a new skin and a face that's more feminine than I like. But it's close enough for now, until I find something better. 

Elves aren't supposed to look macho anyway... :D

Awesome! :)

Thanks for the explanation, to me it *is* extremely interesting, and made me smile. I felt there was a really cool story there. I am glad you are able to more closely match your in-world representation with who you really are, I love that! (that is one of the things I love best about SL)

OTOH, I am cringing that I was so intrusive, and apologize. 😶 :( (we sooo need a blush emoticon!!! why do we not have a blush emoticon???)

Unfortunately, displaying personally intrusive curiosity about people (aka nosiness), especially ones I read as queer in some way, is one of my many faults. I have to fight IRL to not go up to strangers I see and go, "OMG, are you gay, too??? Yay for us being all out and living our true lives!" I am sorry, thinking of it now, I should have DMed you, or better yet let your changes speak for themselves. :(

Sincerely and truly sorry and embarrassed,

Caer :)

Edited by Caerolle Llewellyn
meant to say 'personally intrusive curiosity' not just 'personally curiosity'
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

. I have to fight IRL to not go up to strangers I see and go, "OMG, are you gay, too???

 

Well here's a tiny little hint about how gay I am...

rainbow_011.png.c21db9c94d0633bca6055731662e823a.png

And there's no need to be embarrassed at all.

Sometimes when I'm inworld and someone asks about my hand, I tell them it got bitten off by a Rock Monster in Linden Realms. Although that doesn't work so well now as so few people play it any more and the joke falls flat if I have to explain what a Rock Monster is.

 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

Well here's a tiny little hint about how gay I am...

rainbow_011.png.c21db9c94d0633bca6055731662e823a.png

And there's no need to be embarrassed at all.

Sometimes when I'm inworld and someone asks about my hand, I tell them it got bitten off by a Rock Monster in Linden Realms. Although that doesn't work so well now as so few people play it any more and the joke falls flat if I have to explain what a Rock Monster is.

 

Love the pic! And funny comeback! :)

Also, thank you for being so open and understanding. ❤️

Edited by Caerolle Llewellyn
cooment on post
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

Necro'ing a thread mentioned in another thread.

From my rez date:

proportionstesting.png
This is only more developed than most people on rez-date because this is my second account. Didn't like my original name - left SL after a few days in 2006, came back in 2009, spent 1 month, then made a new account and copied my look from the old one into the new and moved on. I have exacly 1 image left from the old account and it was a nude made 2 days before I switched accounts so is essentially this look. Back in 2006 though, she even used system hair...

That said my shape even to this day is a slow evolution of the dials from 2006 into better and better proportions.

 

Within the last month:

48960774167_591d02860b_o.png

 

Don't have many images from that older time period - I found the above one hidden in my presently inactive blog...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted a variant of this on another thread, but here are mine -- first is from August of 2007, and I'm pretty sure it was during my first week in SL; the second is from Saturday :)

Ajay Early Days.png

Please don't look at my feet here.  I didn't realize I'd failed to adjust the sit, but the rest of the picture made me happy so I kept it 😛

Ajay Has Lost It_012.png

Edited by Ajay McDowwll
Adding words.
  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Yikes!!!! New me hangin around MAR 2018. I guess I missed this thread when it started, so I'm a bit late to the party, anyway.... I started with this version of me about 3 years ago... but took me a while to figure things out. 

Snapshot.jpg

 

NOV 2018

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 5.23.48 AM.png

 

NOV 2019

sara at the grey wall.jpg

Edited by Saravendi
  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...