10 years (or less ) Challenge

Destiny91

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 7/24/2019 at 3:39 PM, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Well, no!

You do a good line in LL moles, but your public wants to see how YOU look now!!

The pic posted above that was taken in Jan this year is pretty much what I do look like now.  The only thing that changes day to day is the hairstyle and clothes.  I still haven't gotten a mesh head, so the face above has not changed.  The comment about 'really changing since then' was meaning from 2007 until now, not from Jan 2019 until current day.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The pic posted above that was taken in Jan this year is pretty much what I do look like now.  The only thing that changes day to day is the hairstyle and clothes.  I still haven't gotten a mesh head, so the face above has not changed.  The comment about 'really changing since then' was meaning from 2007 until now, not from Jan 2019 until current day.

Yes yes yes.

The point was to prompt you to post new pics!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'm a slow learner, so it lasted like 5 years before I figured out how to take photos. Here are the earliest I can find, from about 2015:

Snapshot_039.thumb.jpg.bcadd9de8e231029bd1dbbf65e29c9da.jpg

Looking sooo young and innocent - and were mostly a redhead back then...

Snapshot1_009.thumb.jpg.64f3a26ac3f97ae4aaa09bbc1d8dedbf.jpg

And not happy with not escaping the glasses in SL either...

Snapshot1_004.thumb.jpg.8d1bf15d97828a4702af47b4352920e1.jpg

But I tried my best to be cool anyways 😎

• Like 14

1 hour ago, Angelina String said:

I'm a slow learner, so it lasted like 5 years before I figured out how to take photos. Here are the earliest I can find, from about 2015:

Snapshot_039.thumb.jpg.bcadd9de8e231029bd1dbbf65e29c9da.jpg

Looking sooo young and innocent - and were mostly a redhead back then...

Snapshot1_009.thumb.jpg.64f3a26ac3f97ae4aaa09bbc1d8dedbf.jpg

And not happy with not escaping the glasses in SL either...

Snapshot1_004.thumb.jpg.8d1bf15d97828a4702af47b4352920e1.jpg

But I tried my best to be cool anyways 😎

I love those! ❤️ Artistic poses against artistic backgrounds. Very nicely done! 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Lucita Sorrowsong said:

NICE! This is actually pretty cool. Used to, when we had last names and not "Resident", I would look for other Sorrowsongs. I didn't meet many. This is pretty darn cool :)

Once in a Blue Moon

Just did a new shot of her - if you'd like to do a shot together sometime, feel free to throw me a PM!

(And yes, I stole the corset mentioned earlier in the thread, 'tis pretty!).

• Like 4

I hope this is not too many pics. And I apologize for being such a bad SL photographer.~

Hopefully I embedded my photos correctly, my first try, lol.

I have deleted most of my pics, but managed to find one from the really old days:

Caerolle-3.png.6447962c3b7a3c16d7703e48903c4fd5.png

I *think* this was my original avi, which was a heavily-modified Ruth (pic taken by a photographer in May 2008).

This one is only a few months later, but was the avi I bought, that I used for a long, long time. I by far had my most fun and fulfillment in SL in this avi.

1223896510_Caerolle1.thumb.png.8348baf8062066878df93b2a2cc7cfdd.png

This was my first place in SL.

Me and the love of my (Second) life at a club with me wearing something typical for me (2013):

1513154948_Singularityclub_005-Copy.thumb.png.223e4cba9d495c3ed1038f4fefd91368.png

I had a lot of different looks in the past; these are a couple of different examples, but by no means comprehensive; many probably would not get by the censors (which may be true for most of us, lol):

1202637641_Snapshot_MinyipLot12b.png.f28cafb405ae1d8f1b5655b113ac8e17.png1339396669_Snapshot_MinyipLot12a.png.be2fad964a573a1b09004bf244a9e346.png

And is from just now:

164044317_Snapshot_CaerollesCozyCorner.png.00528c8a49648f5826e638eab96404c9.png

I finally went to a mesh body but still have my standard head. It doesn't look bad with strong front-lighting like this (at least IMO, YMMV, lol), but pretty harsh in high-contrast or dark lighting. In the end, I think I have reached the end of how much effort I am willing to put into SL at this point, so I am unlikely to put the work in on finding a mesh head I like and customizing it. Same goes with outfits; I had a large range of clothes and hair and shoes and skins for my system avi, and used to change looks several times an evening. Now I only have a few outfits and wear the same one for days/weeks on end.

I know I am by far the outlier, but honestly in looking through people's pics I mostly prefer the older looks. The mesh bodies and heads and clothes are more realistic, for sure, but there was just something more fun and lively about the standard avis and prim stuff. Perhaps it is just that I am very emotionally attached to the way things were way before the mesh days, I dunno. But honestly, if they would have just fixed the damn chest groove and perhaps where the arm connects to the body, I would have been pretty much satisfied by the old-school bodies.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Caerolle Llewellyn said:

I hope this is not too many pics. And I apologize for being such a bad SL photographer.

There are no "bad photographers"! Only overly-judgmental viewers!

Besides, there's a certain "look" that goes hand-in-hand with SL snapshots from a certain era -- sort of like the way RL pics from the 70s all have that weird colour haze to them! It's part of their charm.

1339396669_Snapshot_MinyipLot12a.png.be2fad964a573a1b09004bf244a9e346.png

And is from just now:

164044317_Snapshot_CaerollesCozyCorner.png.00528c8a49648f5826e638eab96404c9.png

I particularly like these two; the hair in the top one is great!

Also, I recognize the painting in the top one!

I finally went to a mesh body but still have my standard head. It doesn't look bad with strong front-lighting like this (at least IMO, YMMV, lol), but pretty harsh in high-contrast or dark lighting. In the end, I think I have reached the end of how much effort I am willing to put into SL at this point, so I am unlikely to put the work in on finding a mesh head I like and customizing it. Same goes with outfits; I had a large range of clothes and hair and shoes and skins for my system avi, and used to change looks several times an evening. Now I only have a few outfits and wear the same one for days/weeks on end.

I know I am by far the outlier, but honestly in looking through people's pics I mostly prefer the older looks. The mesh bodies and heads and clothes are more realistic, for sure, but there was just something more fun and lively about the standard avis and prim stuff. Perhaps it is just that I am very emotionally attached to the way things were way before the mesh days, I dunno. But honestly, if they would have just fixed the damn chest groove and perhaps where the arm connects to the body, I would have been pretty much satisfied by the old-school bodies.

I think that it's actually entirely possible to produce a really nice photo of someone wearing a system avi, or just using a system head. There are a number of people not using mesh heads who post really lovely shots in the vanity threads here. Actually, I'm half tempted to revisit my old avi just to try!

I do prefer mesh bodies and heads (and certainly clothes, although there was some beautifully made prim and sculptie stuff available 8 years ago). But I think that you're on to something I find too: that mesh can sometimes be less "lively," and certainly less varied. And it comes back to that old problem: there are simply fewer people creating clothing and avatar components and accessories these days, and so much less diversity in the selection. And that is a sad thing.

• Like 2

OOOHHH!!!! Another from the vault. Dude, my group and I always hung out in the Korea welcome area. And this was the very moment that a wonderful (and probably annoyed) Linden came to set down some benches for the very first time! We had previous just stood around... Not anymore! Ah man. The good old days. Back in 09 btw, and I'm the furry Cat. Haha.

BENCHES!!!!.png

Benchwarming.png

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.