Jump to content
Chic Aeon

Processing Credit and Tilia - July 22

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, HunniHope said:

It "shouldn't" prevent any cash-outs until August the 1st as tha'ts when the new terms etc all come into play, verifying early has been enabled becasue there was a demand for it, folk didnt want to get to the 1st and then get hit with delays.

That was pretty much what people thought (at least all the people that "I" talked to and of course ME) but that doesn't appear to be correct.   I am not going to change more lindens into USD just to solve the mystery after all the time and "money" I spent Saturday.  I am HOPING someone will eventually confirm or deny that you can CURRENTLY process USD credit dollars out to Paypal WITHOUT having to fill in your SSN (this for US folks).   So far I haven't seen that. Thanks to anyone that can TELL US :D. 

 

This process COULD simply be broken in that the devs couldn't figure out how to open the voluntary information collection page without making it mandatory for the folks that DIDN'T want to put in information. Or The Lab may be the just hurried the timeline along. Either way it would be VERY GOOD to have some word on what is really going on.  It is just adding the the huge amount of confusion already and still piling up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I am HOPING someone will eventually confirm or deny that you can CURRENTLY process USD credit dollars out to Paypal WITHOUT having to fill in your SSN (this for US folks).

Hi! I am confirming that you can process credit without having to submit additional documentation until August 1.  Until then, the "additional information" form is voluntary. If you fill it out before then, it's going to still be valid after Aug 1, so if you wanted to make sure there was no delay later on - you could. 

Also, the team is still working on moving all the ID data they have from those who had submitted their info in the past into the new system, so some of you who see that we need additional info today may not see that by August.  

Cheers!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, HunniHope said:

It "shouldn't" prevent any cash-outs until August the 1st as tha'ts when the new terms etc all come into play, verifying early has been enabled becasue there was a demand for it, folk didnt want to get to the 1st and then get hit with delays.

I'd expect they would let money through till August, but it's funny completing my cash-out one day and LL asking for full ID the next :D  I won't need another cash out before August, so I'm hoping to wait a month or two and see if Tilia still wants all my documentation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grumpity Linden said:

Hi! I am confirming that you can process credit without having to submit additional documentation until August 1.  Until then, the "additional information" form is voluntary. If you fill it out before then, it's going to still be valid after Aug 1, so if you wanted to make sure there was no delay later on - you could. 

Also, the team is still working on moving all the ID data they have from those who had submitted their info in the past into the new system, so some of you who see that we need additional info today may not see that by August.  

Cheers!

@Grumpity Linden can you shed some light on the issue that I ran across? Namely being asked for my SSN when I indicated that I don't have one? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Grumpity Linden,

I filled out the voluntary form.  I'd like to call your attention to a confusing behavior.

When I filled in the information for birth date, the form took the day of the month OK, but when I selected month and year, the boxes did not fill in.  Nevertheless, when I closed that section and moved on, the section had a green check mark.

Secondly, the form has a check box to acknowledge you have read and agreed to the Tilia Terms of Service, but it does NOT display those terms of service, or a link to them.  Shame on you.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Grumpity Linden

As we have been able to attract your attention, I would just like to point out that the form could really do with some responsive behaviour, the form is too narrow and does not respond to changes in browser window size adjustment or screensize. For example:

979842a22d509911ae4cadebda3a6e4d.png

This is on chrome, zoomed in 300%, at normal 100% the text overlay makes for very difficult reading (using a 24" monitor 1920x1080). Then there's the Zip/Postal code field which only lets you see 2.5 characters. In the UK we can have 7 digit post code (8 if you include the space in the middle) so it's really not very useful for looking over and making sure we've entered the correct information before we move on or submit the form.

Overall it's a straightforward, simply and quick process, and so much better than previous methods, but the form could be more friendly on the eyes

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we are to have this new system put in place, we MUST have more security features put in place as well. Why haven't we gotten a 2 step verification option yet?

With this new update, what's to stop a hacker simply hacking your account and stealing all your personal info including SSN?! This is a severe security flaw and there needs to be something done while this update goes live.

Please LL add more security options for us to protect our accounts when this update goes live.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, kayla Mekanic said:

If we are to have this new system put in place, we MUST have more security features put in place as well. Why haven't we gotten a 2 step verification option yet?

With this new update, what's to stop a hacker simply hacking your account and stealing all your personal info including SSN?! This is a severe security flaw and there needs to be something done while this update goes live.

Please LL add more security options for us to protect our accounts when this update goes live.

That has been asked for since the the announcement July 1. It doesn't seem to be happening OR any plans mentioned even considering two step that I have seen. So if you value your security -- you still have choices.  That at least is an option.  I DO agree with you and I am not alone.   

 

I really can't say more without getting my hand slapped LOL and that hand is getting sore *wink*.  Looking forward to August 2 and hope we are all still here in whatever choices we have made.  I have plans, but not going forward until after the hallmark changes. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hesitant to do much building until the 2nd myself. I'm just certain I will log into one of my accounts (none of which have ever had a USD balance) and it will be telling me I have to accept the Tilia ToS. Which is going to really piss me off because then I will have to chase rabbits trying to get my account back without having to agree to a service I don't and won't use and then have to go over people's heads again. 

Think there's no chance it will happen? You don't know how bad my luck usually runs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I added my information to be verified for the credit stuff on Sunday, it is now Wednesday.. 3 business days have passed and now I'm getting worried about having my information out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! I've pointed the team at the bug reports and feature requests above.  They're all reasonable, but would make me so much happier if they were in ... jira :D

Not because I am a mean horrible grump, though I am, but because it would most expediently put those reports and requests in front of the right group of people to address them, and have a feedback loop to you.  

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

 

Just asking - Use Edge not Chrome to fill the form in  ?

Edited by rasterscan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, kinkerbell13 said:

I added my information to be verified for the credit stuff on Sunday, it is now Wednesday.. 3 business days have passed and now I'm getting worried about having my information out. 

same here... :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rasterscan said:

Just asking - Use Edge not Chrome to fill the form in  ?

Guess you figured this out and I posted above, but it is an AD BLOCKER thing, not a browser thing, so if you use an ad blocker (which so many folks do these days) you will either need to turn it off or use a browser without an ad blocker --- for ME that was Edge as I don't use it normally :D.   The form will even load with BRAVE (ad blocker browser and I love it!) but only if you turn all parts of the security off.   

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Do I have to leave this browser open?? because its been doing that for quite a while lol.

 

2c888b9a30e971af34cd2c1bed5eda98.gif

never mind it changed to under review.

Edited by eku Zhong
things changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, kayla Mekanic said:

With this new update, what's to stop a hacker simply hacking your account and stealing all your personal info including SSN?! 

 

kayla, we do not even display your full email address in your account info!  We absolutely do not display any of the submitted ID information, including the SSN, on a subsequent login, so while a hacker getting into your account is a serious threat, no doubt, no ID information would be available to them. I highly recommend Soft Linden's blog post about the work we've done on privacy and security.  

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2019 at 3:51 PM, Fritigern Gothly said:

@Grumpity Linden can you shed some light on the issue that I ran across? Namely being asked for my SSN when I indicated that I don't have one? 

Fixed! 

23 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

When I filled in the information for birth date, the form took the day of the month OK, but when I selected month and year, the boxes did not fill in.  Nevertheless, when I closed that section and moved on, the section had a green check mark.

Looking into that bug. 

Quote

 Secondly, the form has a check box to acknowledge you have read and agreed to the Tilia Terms of Service, but it does NOT display those terms of service, or a link to them.  Shame on you.

@Lindal Kidd could you get a screenshot? We believe there's always been a link there. 

In other news, we have a message directing users to disable their ad blocker if the form is not displaying going out shortly. 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grumpity Linden said:

@Lindal Kidd could you get a screenshot? We believe there's always been a link there.

My bad...the link IS there.  I never noticed the different color text.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hello. I would like to know how much is gonna be the fee on Tilia and the inactivity fee...and they get the Money from our sl account or our paypal? They just charge a fee when you process credit to paypal? how much is it?Someone know about this? Thank you

Edited by NuvemSky
wrong words

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, NuvemSky said:

Hello. I would like to know how much is gonna be the fee on Tilia and the inactivity fee...and they get the Money from our sl account or our paypal? They just charge a fee when you process credit to paypal? how much is it?Someone know about this? Thank you

Was in the video. No more than $3.00 US per month (this verified by a few listeners to the video as we haven't seen that official transcript yet) and it will come out of the USD balance. If the USD balance gets down to 0 then there will be no fee as there is no money to take from.     There is no "other fee" at this time, just the inactivity fee --- and of course the processing fee to send to Paypal which varies depending on the amount.,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you mean usd balance you mean paypal right? they will charge us each month 3.00 us just like we were premium users is that? but at a lower cost? i thought it was only inactivity fee and also the processing credit fees

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, NuvemSky said:

When you mean usd balance you mean paypal right? they will charge us each month 3.00 us just like we were premium users is that? but at a lower cost? i thought it was only inactivity fee and also the processing credit fees

No, the USD balance in your SL account which is now Tilia.

26265i4BA4E861988F39D5.png&key=083e23013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh yes but for exemple imagine im 0 on my alts..they will charge on my paypal? because they have my paypal linked there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...