Processing Credit and Tilia - July 22

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

A new info page on Tilia just went live.  This very much relates to my experience this weekend. I apparently fell though a few cracks with the avatar that always processing credit still able to THEN without putting in a SSN.  As I said in that post "I got a vibe to process that day, Saturday"   That is no longer the case. Info here if you missed it:

• Thanks 1

Like you Chic, I've been processing credit for years (10 years) and provided all necessary info when it was requested several years back.

My Billing page says they need additional info. Ok no problem, except, the link goes to a page that never loads.

So I don't think it's "live" just yet....at least not for me.  I submitted a support ticket.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Try to disable all ad blocking and privacy extensions, it has helped in my case. It seems that - by developer's console in Firefox - Tilia's page doesn't like to have some things being blocked. You may also want to try in private window.

Edited by panterapolnocy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've never processed credit and I never keep a US$ balance on any of my accounts, but I've had "payment info on file" for ages, so I figured I'd be all set if I ever want to do the Tilia thing. Just for yucks I gave it a try:

I followed the voluntary information submission process (starting at https://accounts.secondlife.com/billing_information )  where it said " We may need some additional information in order to process credit from your Tilia account."  It seems to know nothing at all about me, except when it asked for Country Information it divined that I'm probably in Canada. Then it wanted:

• Personal Information: Name and Date of Birth 
  • Contact Information: Address (except, despite knowing I'm in Canada, it wanted "Zipcode" but it accepted our alphanumeric postal code)
  • ID Verification: For Canada, one of { Driving License, Passport, Identity Card, or Residence Permit } plus a "required" utility bill showing address within 90 days.
    They can use SMS to a smartphone to launch a webapp that uses its camera for front and back images of the ID, but it also asks for a selfie, which I did (who cares, right? it's on the driver's license anyway), but even though the selfie showed in the smartphone webapp, it didn't appear to upload to the web page which instead asked me to upload a selfie from a file. I didn't, and it didn't seem to care for the purposes of submitting the form.  The required utility bill, though, has to be sent as a file on that page, not through the smartphone camera. There may be another problem, too: the back of Ontario driver's licenses include a special barcode which somehow the webapp decided was all it wanted to upload of the full card image, so that may be disappointing to whatever processes these things.
  • A checkbox that "I have read and agree TiliaTerms and conditions"

I submitted the form, it churned around a minute or so "validating" and then barfed with the message "Error loading https://plugin.identitymind.com/api/router" where "Identity Mind" is that webapp on the smartphone. I don't know if I took too long rounding up and scanning the utility bill or if it's all just b0rked.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am REALLY interested to know if people that regularly process credit can STILL process credit without filling out that new "voluntary" form. When I go to that page in "alt who processes to Payal" mode it does show that they need more info and asks for my SSN.

I am guessing that a LOT of people (me included) "assumed that the "more info" part of the new process wasn't going into affect until August 1st.  If it truly IS in process, then that means all the folks that were planning on sending money to Paypal on the last day of the month  will either have to "voluntarily" give up their personal info OR turn there USD balance back into Lindens. They could of course use their USD balance to pay tier or whatever but would of course need to "accept" the Tilia TOS as they would have a USD balance.    

Seems VERY messy to me. I feel sorry for the folks getting caught on this as well as the folks who would have LIKED to send money to Paypal but hadn't purchased any lindens. They seem to have had ONE DAY to figure out what was going on so that they could process credit 30 days AFTER they bought lindens. 

I will be watching for a report.  I got MOST of my money out and have no USD balances. I am just waiting for August 1 to come and go :D.  

18 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I will be watching for a report.  I got MOST of my money out and have no USD balances. I am just waiting for August 1 to come and go :D.  

*hands you some popcorn*

I too have previously provided information but have been asked to submit full identification and details - sigh. It did however "remember" that I live in the UK.

For some reason it  didn't like my Opera browser but submitted itself to Explorer.

I attached a photo I had made of my passport with my phone camera and downloaded to my PC. I also attached a screenshot of my online utility bill. All that went without a hitch.

Now waiting for verification - grabs  a handful of Chic's popcorn...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Emma Krokus said:

Now waiting for verification - grabs  a handful of Chic's popcorn...

Verification didn't take more than a couple of minutes for me. Wondering if they do it manually or an algorithm does it though. So i don't know how long it will take in your case.

6 minutes ago, Jules Catlyn said:

Verification didn't take more than a couple of minutes for me. Wondering if they do it manually or an algorithm does it though. So i don't know how long it will take in your case.

O.o. I hope this is going to be straightforward... :(((

Hands back the popcorn and gets out the worrying beads.

Edited by Emma Krokus

10 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

I too have previously provided information but have been asked to submit full identification and details - sigh. It did however "remember" that I live in the UK.

I am beginning to think that Grumpity's "most folks that have been previously processing credit will not need to go through the personal info process again" (not a direct quote) line was another one of those things that isn't really happening. Maybe only the people that DON'T have to add more info are those that were getting 1099 forms sent to them.  Have no clue. 

13 hours ago, Arwen Serpente said:

My Billing page says they need additional info. Ok no problem, except, the link goes to a page that never loads.

I had this exact same thing using my regular browser (Chrome), opened it up through Edge and it loaded straight away

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HunniHope said:

I had this exact same thing using my regular browser (Chrome), opened it up through Edge and it loaded straight away

The personal info page form will NOT LOAD with any ad blocking software active -- or in the BRAVE browser (ad blocking and privacy enhanced). 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

The personal info page form will NOT LOAD with any ad blocking software active -- or in the BRAVE browser (ad blocking and privacy enhanced). 

That makes sense, didnt even think of turnign that off as I dont turn that off for anything, I could suffer Edge for 5 mintues though.

3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I am beginning to think that Grumpity's "most folks that have been previously processing credit will not need to go through the personal info process again" (not a direct quote) line was another one of those things that isn't really happening. Maybe only the people that DON'T have to add more info are those that were getting 1099 forms sent to them.  Have no clue. 

There was a bit of discussion on this yesterday as some of us went through inputting information. Most who were putting in the info were only confirming things like name, address, D.o.B etc. A cpl of us, but not all, did have to resubmit photo ID & a recent Bill. It was fairly painless though and verification confirmation came through in minutes. But I agree it does seem to go against what was said repeatedly at the Town Hall, perhaps it's time to call some comments from @Soft Linden and/or @Grumpity Linden to clear up some why's and what for's

And if anyone from the UK is curious, I can confirm yet again I used my citizen card as photo ID and it was approved. So, if like me you don't have passport or Drivers License, grab yourself a Citizen Card.

Would also have been nice if that blog had made it to the main Blog Feed section on the dashboard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luna Bliss said:

The procedure was pretty painless and the interface was clear -- I only had to add a bit of information (not too happy about having my social security number online though). 

Will they start reporting your “income” from SL to the IRS, or have they been doing that all along?

7 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Will they start reporting your “income” from SL to the IRS, or have they been doing that all along?

I had to supply information for tax purposes years ago, but I don't know the way in which they communicate with the IRS. It seems I do get 1099's but can't remember for sure -- I hate dealing with tax stuff and just let my CPA deal with everything.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

Here's a fun bit.
I live in the US, but have no SSN, so I clicked the link that says "Don't have an SSN? Use this form." so I clicked the link and  then... IT ASKED ME FOR MY BLOODY SSN!!!!

hHaXN9F.png

That’s bad, should have alternatives. What the FAQ?

I was worried there might be some last minute issues if I cashed out later in the month, so I cashed out on the 20th. It processed fine and didn't ask for any details. Went into the billing info page today and it's asking for everything ID wise - name, address, DOB, ID documents and I'm guessing also address verification docs. I went part way through to see how much info the system wanted, then quit out of it. I'm not sure if it would block me from cashing out today, but I'm going to presume I can't cash out without re-IDing myself fully. Or the system isn't working correctly. I don't need to cash out in the near future, so I'm going to hold off and see if it gets fixed before I send anything. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Ailsa Muliaina said:

I'm not sure if it would block me from cashing out today, but I'm going to presume I can't cash out without re-IDing myself fully.

It "shouldn't" prevent any cash-outs until August the 1st as tha'ts when the new terms etc all come into play, verifying early has been enabled becasue there was a demand for it, folk didnt want to get to the 1st and then get hit with delays.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1703 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.