Where are all the good kitchens?

Trinity Blakewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I’ve been delving through the marketplace and visiting many of the home furnishing stores in SL and it seems like quality kitchen selection is really limited. Many of my favorite designers don’t even have them, or only have country, southern, or retro style ones.Typically with white cabinets. I wonder why this is the case, especially with all the interest in the new Linden homes.

Personally I’m looking for a kitchen with darker wood cabinets. I’d like the textures to be decent and sink and stove burners to have some detail. I am not interested in “adult” animations. And I would like to find something that is around $L1000 or less...there are at least some  nice quality kitchens with white cabinets in that range.

And of course modular so I can fit the pieces into a Linden home. 

Any ideas?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Trinity1776 said:

I’ve been delving through the marketplace and visiting many of the home furnishing stores in SL and it seems like quality kitchen selection is really limited. Many of my favorite designers don’t even have them, or only have country, southern, or retro style ones.Typically with white cabinets. I wonder why this is the case, especially with all the interest in the new Linden homes.

Personally I’m looking for a kitchen with darker wood cabinets. I’d like the textures to be decent and sink and stove burners to have some detail. I am not interested in “adult” animations. And I would like to find something that is around $L1000 or less...there are at least some  nice quality kitchens with white cabinets in that range.

And of course modular so I can fit the pieces into a Linden home. 

Any ideas?

I have used all of these in various Linden Homes including the New Belli Traditionals , and Houseboats.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Trompe-Loeil-Finley-Kitchenette-PG-V11-mesh/8438099?

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Con-Catia-Kitchen-WHITE-Modular-Kitchen/13132802

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/hive-modular-modern-farmhouse-kitchen/17307272

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BAZAR-Toronto-Kitchen-PG/5515085

p.s.
All of the above are modify, and copy. Please remember to check the in-world locations due to the pricing may vary.

Edited by Vivienne89
quick p.s.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Evangeline Ling said:

I'm just gonna say this one more time...

Best kitchen EVER

and its only 1LI

Screenshot_20190703-115125_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f0d1dcb44e98beabba62e9942d0ee01b.jpg

Yeah somedays I just want to put a bbq out  in the backyard and make my kitchen into a library.   But for some reason I continually think I have to have one.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I love kitchens so here is a list of the ones I have:

Apple Fall Kitchen in all colors

David Heather Empire Kitchen

Cheeky Pea Tilly Kitchen

Contraption: Catia Kitchen

Hive Modular Farmhouse Kitchen

Hive Practical Kitchen

LAQ Decor Kitchen Set

Post Marquette Kitchen Set

Roost Mitchell Park Kitchen

Roost Palm View Kitchen

Unkindness Ade's Kitchen

Moss & Mink Lilah Kitchen

Bazar Arizona Kitchen

Bazar Toronto Kitchen

Dutchie Corner Kitchen

La Galleria -  All Kitchens

Pixel Mode Kitchen - Is a gacha and can be found on the MP or secondary markets

Yeah I love kitchens.  You should see my bathroom collection...

Edited by Cougar Sangria
I forgot a few lol :P
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

8 hours ago, Cougar Sangria said:

I love kitchens so here is a list of the ones I have:

Apple Fall Kitchen in all colors

David Heather Empire Kitchen

Cheeky Pea Tilly Kitchen

Contraption: Catia Kitchen

Hive Modular Farmhouse Kitchen

Hive Practical Kitchen

LAQ Decor Kitchen Set

Post Marquette Kitchen Set

Roost Mitchell Park Kitchen

Roost Palm View Kitchen

Unkindness Ade's Kitchen

Moss & Mink Lilah Kitchen

Bazar Arizona Kitchen

Bazar Toronto Kitchen

Dutchie Corner Kitchen

La Galleria -  All Kitchens

Pixel Mode Kitchen - Is a gacha and can be found on the MP or secondary markets

Yeah I love kitchens.  You should see my bathroom collection...

Ditto to all of these and same on bathrooms.

FYI, I love the Hive Practical kitchen but...being as it's all in one piece not so great for the Linden homes I've found. You need a large run of space and most of them don't have it. I've pulled it apart for my main home, and it doesn't take well to being ripped. apart unfortunately. But would work well if you are buying some add-on's.  I purchased that very large "great room" add on for the Winchester and it almost fits between the 2 back windows. I was dashing out the door to work so didn't have time to try and size it down but I'm hoping that will work. I'd like to be able to see the kitchen as I walk into that space and not have it tucked away in the back corner. I have the Hive Modular Farmhouse which certainly is more conducive to making it look as you want it to,  but I've used it in the main home and don't want to be repetitive with my decorating.  

If I remember I'll look up which ones I have when I get home tonight and add to your list. I have quite a few lesser known brand names although most probably were gachas - such as the Plaaka pieces I used in my houseboat.

12 hours ago, summernightsdream said:

I bought recently a dark wooden kitchen with loads of animations (pg, but also adult available),  used it in my houseboat - but its more than 1000 linden, maybe you want to check it out though:

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DRD-Rustic-Kitchen-Set-PG/11894433

EveningStar_002.jpg

That's lovely! but 51 LI - Does it come with all the accesories?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

That's lovely! but 51 LI - Does it come with all the accesories?

hi Leora, you don't have to use them all - the most prims you need for the animated fridge with 10 prims. The cabinets, the center piece (greatly animated) and stove are low prim (1-3). The sink has 5 prims. Most of the kitchen clutter is 1 prim. The shelves have 3 and 5prims. The whole kitchen is modular and easy to place - i don't have everything out in my boat which is in the complete box. My version of the kitchen has 28 prims alltogether (plus some more little things from other creators, like the radio).

Everything you see here and on MP is in the box! Therefore 51 for all of it.

Edited by summernightsdream
adding some information
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, summernightsdream said:

hi Leonora, you don't have to use them all - the most prims you need for the animated fridge with 10 prims. The cabinets, the center piece (greatly animated) and stove are low prim (1-3). The sink has 5 prims. Most of the kitchen clutter is 1 prim. The shelves have 3 and 5prims. The whole kitchen is modular and easy to place - i don't have everything out in my boat which is in the complete box. My version of the kitchen has 28 prims alltogether (plus some more little things from other creators, like the radio).

Everything you see here and on MP is in the box! Therefore 51 for all of it.

I think I commented on it yesterday too, but your kitchen is truly wonderful. ❤️ Especially since it's so uniquely decorated. I've seen many kitchen in that exact same spot, but yours truly stands out. :) Kudos on a job well done!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This one is not modular... but it's apparently designed for small spaces, so might work in a Linden home depending on the layout you go with. Low LI too. 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/vespertinesmall-spaces-kitchen/9269404

I had a look at it in-world a while ago, and I seem to remember it does look a bit nicer in the marketplace ad, but see what you think.

I second Aria & The Loft for a modern look - some great options, and usually lots of texture change options.

And just for a laugh, one step up from an ice box...

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Soy-Gas-Burner-addme/14376874

Depends how much you're into cooking, I guess... 😄

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

For an older more traditional look this works well. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/DDD-Cozy-Country-Kitchen-Tex-Change-Low-Land-Impact/6950344

The same shop has some additional storage and furnishings that work well with it, too. Nicely detailed, and not overly expensive.

I have that one. It's lovely, but not modular except for the stove.

And it's the only piece of furniture that I've ever had to make bigger, to be in scale with my avatar...! I own sofas bigger than that entire kitchen as it comes out of the box.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Matty Luminos said:

I have that one. It's lovely, but not modular except for the stove.

And it's the only piece of furniture that I've ever had to make bigger, to be in scale with my avatar...! I own sofas bigger than that entire kitchen as it comes out of the box.

It is about the right size for me, I often struggle to reach the counter tops on other kitchens without scaling them down. It might not be modular, but it has everything I need and most kitchens will have a corner it can fit into. The Kitchen counter from the same store extends the work surface area if needed.

I went inworld to the shop and bought all three of the Trompe L’oeil kitchens. I think they have got some of the best textures for the price point of $L500 - $L1000. The Finley kitchen fits on the side wall of the Winchester house if you take off the cabinet on the right and resize the pan rack.

I would like something of similar quality that is more modern but Loft tends to be expensive. I will check out Aria.

Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 1

I hewed my own out of old prim wood I found. I'm not saying it's stylish, but what with the zero animations and the lack of attention to detail it blends into the background in a pleasing way.

(also @Marianne Little doesn't have one hehe .. but I wouldn't want to mess up her collection so if she asks I'll give it to her for free ( it comes with an imaginary sink so that's tempting bait in itself  ) )

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

=1&search[per_page]=12&search[store_id]=63328

I modded the heck out of mine, so I could put Life2 food in it, and cook too. The animations are nice as well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1183 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.