Selling Lindens-do I need to re-enter my payment details on Second life?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi folks,

I used to have payment details on SL but for security removed removed them, now I have Lindens I want to sell and cash out , I take it I will have to re-enter my Paypal details to do this on the Second life site.

I know how to navigate the sell lindens in manage account, so after inputting payment details again, should I wait a few days before selling  to give the LL system a few days to update them?

Should it be straight forward to sell the lindens and how do I cash out then?

Many thanks for any information.

1 hour ago, stingnthetale said:

Hi folks,

I used to have payment details on SL but for security removed removed them, now I have Lindens I want to sell and cash out , I take it I will have to re-enter my Paypal details to do this on the Second life site.

I know how to navigate the sell lindens in manage account, so after inputting payment details again, should I wait a few days before selling  to give the LL system a few days to update them?

Many thanks for any information.

I had a real life friend exchange her linden dollar for USD dollars and then process that to Paypal -- not long after the Tilia announcement and all worked fine for her  (this was probably around the 7th or so of the month --- somewhere in there).  Another sent all his lindens out to Paypal about a week later.   They BOTH added information about credit cards and Paypal (they are both in the database business and it was a security issue for them also).  But I just tried to process credit out to Paypal on two of my alts on Saturday (long post on this on the Tilia Takes Over thread) and they were unable to transfer to Paypal at all.  Entering your payment info SHOULD be automatic and has been in the past, but it doesn't seem to be working at the moment. It isn't clear exactly WHY it isn't working and a support ticket may need to be made.  

On the other hand my problem may have been a "weekend" problem and they may have it fixed now. Personally I would TRY A TEST (if there is very much money involved) and trade in a small amount of lindens and see if you can process that USD credit out to Paypal.  I ended up turning the money back into Lindens since I couldn't process it out. If you are trying to zero out your USD balance  or move money to Paypal NOW rather than after Tilia takes affect  --- then you only have a small window to accomplish this in. So not waiting until the last minute would likely be a wise move. 

Good luck. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding info

1 hour ago, stingnthetale said:

should I wait a few days before selling  to give the LL system a few days to update them?

as soon you added your paypal, you can use it, if the cashier accepts it, it normally will work.
Sometimes paypal/LL has some little hick ups, but normally it won't be a problem.

You'r around a while so i guess you activated the payment info by buying L$, if not you can't sell and have to activate it by buying a small amount of L$, and after 30 days you can sell L$.

If this is your first pay out and a decent amount, chance you'll have to give your rl details is there all the time. Tilia doesn't change that.

Thanks so much for replies, 

it does seem it is more complicated than I thought. Does say on my account page in SL that Tilia does require additional verification and when I read up on that seems they need various forms of identification such as bank statement passport etc.

As I am in UK then not so sure what identification I would have to send them. 

Has Tilia actually taken over  now or do I have a window to sell Lindens and transfer the balance to my paypal without having to go through their verification process?

Also is there a limit to how many Lindens I can sell in one session, reading up on this is a little confusing as it seems its capped at 1999 LL and can take days to complete?

Sorry for all the questions.

Many thanks once again.

Edited by stingnthetale

18 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

I had a real life friend exchange her linden dollar for USD dollars and then process that to Paypal -- not long after the Tilia announcement and all worked fine for her  (this was probably around the 7th or so of the month --- somewhere in there).  Another sent all his lindens out to Paypal about a week later.   They BOTH added information about credit cards and Paypal (they are both in the database business and it was a security issue for them also).  But I just tried to process credit out to Paypal on two of my alts on Saturday (long post on this on the Tilia Takes Over thread) and they were unable to transfer to Paypal at all.  Entering your payment info SHOULD be automatic and has been in the past, but it doesn't seem to be working at the moment. It isn't clear exactly WHY it isn't working and a support ticket may need to be made.  

On the other hand my problem may have been a "weekend" problem and they may have it fixed now. Personally I would TRY A TEST (if there is very much money involved) and trade in a small amount of lindens and see if you can process that USD credit out to Paypal.  I ended up turning the money back into Lindens since I couldn't process it out. If you are trying to zero out your USD balance  or move money to Paypal NOW rather than after Tilia takes affect  --- then you only have a small window to accomplish this in. So not waiting until the last minute would likely be a wise move. 

Good luck. 

Chic, yesterday was my premium due date, it didn't go through and this morning when I woke up, I had the pop up that said they couldn't process it, I had to manually pay it and it went through, I'm wondering if this was the same problem as you had.

5 hours ago, anniepany said:

Chic, yesterday was my premium due date, it didn't go through and this morning when I woke up, I had the pop up that said they couldn't process it, I had to manually pay it and it went through, I'm wondering if this was the same problem as you had.

Not the same. Possibly related?   Were you trying to pay your membership with your USD balance?

Or did it refuse to charge your credit card?  Did you get sent to the Tilia "personal info" page to fill in details? 

From what they have told us previously that shouldn't have been necessary -- but then not everything they have told us has happened as they said it would.  

Yesterday they rolled out the "voluntary personal info" page. THAT was the page that my alts were seeing (or not in this case as it turns out any ad-blockers block the loading of the form) on Saturday.  The confusing part is that it "seemed" like all this was going to happen on August 1 but the "more info needed" part of the equation happened at LEAST by  Saturday. 

It still isn't making much sense to me. I am just going to keep my remaining (and earned this week) lindens as lindens. Too messy for me :D.   

11 hours ago, stingnthetale said:

Has Tilia actually taken over  now or do I have a window to sell Lindens and transfer the balance to my paypal without having to go through their verification process?

It seems like the "more info" happened before many of us expected it to (like August 1). The account that was able to transfer money out Saturday as usual now seems to have to fill in the personal info form in order to move money out to Paypal.  I am not going to TEST that theory. Hopefully someone will add some info here or on the thread below.  I haven't read through new comments on that thread as I answer this so here's hoping things get a bit more clear. 

6 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Not the same. Possibly related?   Were you trying to pay your membership with your USD balance?

Or did it refuse to charge your credit card?  Did you get sent to the Tilia "personal info" page to fill in details? 

From what they have told us previously that shouldn't have been necessary -- but then not everything they have told us has happened as they said it would.  

Yesterday they rolled out the "voluntary personal info" page. THAT was the page that my alts were seeing (or not in this case as it turns out any ad-blockers block the loading of the form) on Saturday.  The confusing part is that it "seemed" like all this was going to happen on August 1 but the "more info needed" part of the equation happened at LEAST by  Saturday. 

It still isn't making much sense to me. I am just going to keep my remaining (and earned this week) lindens as lindens. Too messy for me :D.   

I'm beginning to believe it was related, but when I got to the pay page, you know like when you buy lindens, I press the pay now button and got sent to the more information page, which I do not have a USD balance as I pay with a credit card for my premium and my lindens. It was just too odd.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, anniepany said:

I'm beginning to believe it was related, but when I got to the pay page, you know like when you buy lindens, I press the pay now button and got sent to the more information page, which I do not have a USD balance as I pay with a credit card for my premium and my lindens. It was just too odd.

Oh dear that is bad.  Apparently from a post from Grumpity they opened the voluntary form before migrating all the data. That could account for some of the problems, but yours while most likely a part of the current mess seem a bit more pressing. 

I am not feeling so positive about that "folks with NO USD balances will NOT see the Tilia TOS" promise on the first. Hopefully they will get this worked out before then.  Obviously things are not working as they should be.   THANK YOU FOR POSTING!!!!

5 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Oh dear that is bad.  Apparently from a post from Grumpity they opened the voluntary form before migrating all the data. That could account for some of the problems, but yours while most likely a part of the current mess seem a bit more pressing. 

I am not feeling so positive about that "folks with NO USD balances will NOT see the Tilia TOS" promise on the first. Hopefully they will get this worked out before then.  Obviously things are not working as they should be.   THANK YOU FOR POSTING!!!!

I've mainly not been concerned with Tilia because I know I have no USD balance and I never cash out lindens so it was a bit puzzling to see that. I mean, heck, I have no problem signing it if it comes down to it, it's just disconcerting  to see that and it's not even the 1st of the month. Oh! And you're most welcome!

On 7/23/2019 at 2:10 AM, stingnthetale said:

it does seem it is more complicated than I thought. Does say on my account page in SL that Tilia does require additional verification and when I read up on that seems they need various forms of identification such as bank statement passport etc.

As I am in UK then not so sure what identification I would have to send them. 

You don't have to send them everything. Any government-issued identification you may have is enough. Just one.

You can verify with your Citizen Card, or your passport, or some kind of bank statement, or your driver's license, etc.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1731 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.