Older Linden Homes Makeover Photos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, TheVeryFirst said:

I would love to see an area in Belli that uses the older homes on the 1024 lots.

We know that there are more themes coming down the road.  Based on other comments here, I wouldn't be surprised if a future theme provides houses with a more open vibe - maybe something along the line of downtown lofts.

Using the actual older homes would be a bad idea as they most definitely look dated and built using old techniques.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After seeing some great examples of older Linden homes makeovers around the forum I thought it might be nice to have a thread to gather those together. So if you are camping out waiting for a mov

Found a lovely spot for a Tahoe cabin - Willow model that is overlooking water in Buckbrush Grove. Only one neighbor on my right and trees on the left since it is a point of land. Took several days of

While I wait for more campers to be released, I have been blessed with an amazing spot in the old Tahoe areas. I know it is not Bellisseria, but I think I am going to keep this cozy home for a while;

Posted Images

1 hour ago, TheVeryFirst said:

The cramped space is not the area around the house, it the inside of the houses.

I have a Bellisseria home and its mostly empty, I live in my sky box so I have room to move around without running into walls. So replacing one of the older homes with a new one is a bad idea, IMHO.

I would love to see an area in Belli that uses the older homes on the 1024 lots.

:)  Well, it is temporary and only being done for this reply.  But I thought it would be fun to temporarily derender my belli home and put up my aframe, while all the neighbors were away. 

Snapshot_1214

Snapshot_1213

Snapshot_1212

I have a skybox with a miniaturized version of it, it takes up a lot less space and not as likely to bother my neighbors :)

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Like 8
  • Haha 7

There's a lot about Belli I miss, but I really like the large windows and open plan layout of the Meadowbrook houses. Fingers crossed that one of the planned themes for the new continent will have similar features!

@WillowTenage you retro rebel!! :D

Edited by Raspberry Crystal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

There's a lot about Belli I miss, but I really like the large windows and open plan layout of the Meadowbrook houses. Fingers crossed that one of the planned themes for the new continent will have similar features!

I really loved the Meadowbrook homes too,  I would never leave my current Bellisseria home as I love it to pieces 😍, but I think it would be amazing for other residents if they gave them the bigger themed homes.   

• Like 3

Many of the older homes look as if they were furnished several years ago. I'm guessing the owners reached the prim limit at the time and haven't realised how much more can be 'squeezed in' with the latest mesh furniture. It's hard to know which houses have been simply forgotten about.

I am currently attempting to squeeze a bit more in, one of those meta-games that @RaeLeeH was talking about? The challenge of doing up an older house and seeing what is possible, maybe.

ayesha visit 2_014.png

• Like 9
On 9/29/2019 at 4:32 PM, Raspberry Crystal said:

Oh I've been saying the same thing too!:) I really hope some of the future themes have these. It's one of the reasons I haven't wanted to get a traditional house.

• Like 4
On 9/29/2019 at 8:06 AM, WillowTenage said:

:)  Well, it is temporary and only being done for this reply.  But I thought it would be fun to temporarily derender my belli home and put up my aframe, while all the neighbors were away. 

Snapshot_1214

Snapshot_1213

Snapshot_1212

These pictures rather give the lie to the oft repeated claim that the old Linden Homes are "dated" and "ugly".  (Even the video that first advertised Bellisseria jumps on the bandwagon.)  The homes aren't frumpy, it's the uninspiring environments they're often in.

Look at Raspberry Crystal's picture a few posts above this.  Just adding more trees randomly to break up the public spaces would probably make a world of difference.

Edited by LibGwen
  • Like 4

They were very roomy, I don't have many pictures of my Meadowbrook home, but I did try the experimental 360 snapshot that gave a pretty good view of my main floor.  The second floor had a walled off bedroom, bathroom, along with a large hallway and a faux door that lead to a pool I had created on the second floor :)  You can see the pool above the living room, it was perfect for the huge sun window there.

sl360_Epsilon_Bluff_4096x2048_12142323

I'm not sure how well this will display on the forum, the picture is supposed to be 360..  If it does not show up as a 360 picture, you can probably just click on it and it will take you to my flikr page where it will render correctly.

myhome.thumb.jpg.20b5483bbb1c22f82f6d90941bcf751f.jpg

Here is a screenshot from my youtube video,  I loved my old home although I was still really new to SL when I got it, so working with prims was not something I was very familiar with. 

• Like 5

I was in my Tahoo home for 9 years because its large windows faced a protected Linden park, and sat right on the region border. I even paid for a premium account for 5-6 years, even when I only logged in a couple of times a year....just to keep that house. 

image.png.dd07d928b3f65d91c12bf0de02d9c8ff.png

One of the first things I did when I got it was build walls. I have to hang pictures and the angled walls made me crazy. I also hated that it was one big room, so I made a divider wall and a door, and the smaller portion became my bedroom. And it stayed that way for years, until I returned from my extended hiatus a few weeks ago. Then I learned about the mesh rooms that had been made for the Tahoe. I got one of those, and updated some of my decor and was happy....until I saw the Trads. Had my alt get one of those and gave up my Tahoe without a second thought - and in fact, forgot to get a photo of it after it was updated. :( If you can't get a Belli home, you can probably find a really great Meadowbrook home. They have 175 prims, and you can do some really cute stuff with them.

• Like 11

This topic got me out of lurking mode.

I decided to take a break from trying for a camper by the water, to take on a challenge to do up a Meadowbrook home.

I haven't had one in years. It took me two tries to find a Quad home  with a lovely view. I know it'll be gone soon enough, but I know have a nice place until I feel like going for a camper again. :)

old modern house_015.png

old modern house_016.png

old modern house_017.png

old modern house_029.png

• Like 18
5 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

Many would still have an older home, with a few cosmetic changes like the outdated topiary. All they need is a Bellisserian landscape.

I would be pretty happy with a Meadowbrook in a Bellisserian Landscape, even if it was just a little bit smaller to have a tiny garden, because of the spacious feel inside and big windows. I like seeing what people are doing with theirs in this thread:)

• Like 7

I did love my Tahoe Birch home, but it was the landscaping what killed it. So many houses around, 90s trees look... Not sure if. in the meantime, our beloved Moles could remove some of the many empty homes, and replacing by some nice trees. That would work till all remium members could have a new Linden home, and it would not imply terraforming, which a tremendous amount of work

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 3
On 9/26/2019 at 6:06 AM, Raspberry Crystal said:

I realised that I love moving fairly frequently (an example of doing something in sl that would be way too tricky in rl). After a 2 day refreshathon trying to get back into Belli I realised that I could go back to the older homes and have fun redecorating.

I'm loving the loftroom design because it isn't so big that the 175 allowance feels sparse, and the fireplace is in a 'walled' corner so can be covered up for a new look.

ayesha visit 2_006.png

The Loftroom was my favorite home of the old Linden Homes......I would not mind seeing that exact same home in Bellisseria.....I love the openness of the inside......that is the only thing I don't care for in the newer Traditional homes.....the rooms are too separate and feel tight.......

But overall - the Bellisseria neighborhoods, streets, yards are so much more enjoyable than the way the houses were situated in the old areas....

• Like 4
On 9/29/2019 at 11:32 AM, Raspberry Crystal said:

I would be all over that if that happened.

• Like 3

When I used to live in the older Linden homes, and the Shareta Osumai homes were packed together so tightly that living outside was nearly impossible, I used to select the Tsuchi home (the smallest one, no staircase inside) and insert the shell and guts of a good skybox as the inside of the home.  It had a kitchen and good walls, fun divisions already in place, skylights... It changed the mood and atmosphere of the whole place; it was not an attempt to adhere to the look and feel of the neighbourhood but rather an astonished gasp at how huge the Tsuchi house really was when you put other skyboxes inside it.  There was a lot of usable space in there!  My livingroom in Tsuyu, a Tsuchi house; there was a bedroom behind the fireplace and a kitchen behind the camera (and I wish I had a picture of it... so long ago though).  It's kind of cheating, I know; it's not really decorating the house itself; but it's living in the older SL homes and really enjoying being there while I was there.

Tsuyu Inside.png

• Like 13
1 hour ago, RacyAcey said:

I do currently have a camper - but thought I would post pics of my last old Linden home I had prior to Bellisseria.

The Loftroom......I was going for a 50's vibe, and I did love it.

Oh wow, I really love that! I never thought of doing an extra raised floor and your fifties look works so well.

I tried to swap my loft room for another this weekend and they were sold out, so still popular.

1 hour ago, Clarrellae said:

It's kind of cheating, I know; it's not really decorating the house itself; but it's living in the older SL homes and really enjoying being there while I was there.

Not cheating at all, it's a really creative idea, looks great too :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Clarrellae said:

When I used to live in the older Linden homes, and the Shareta Osumai homes were packed together so tightly that living outside was nearly impossible, I used to select the Tsuchi home (the smallest one, no staircase inside) and insert the shell and guts of a good skybox as the inside of the home.  It had a kitchen and good walls, fun divisions already in place, skylights... It changed the mood and atmosphere of the whole place; it was not an attempt to adhere to the look and feel of the neighbourhood but rather an astonished gasp at how huge the Tsuchi house really was when you put other skyboxes inside it.  There was a lot of usable space in there!  My livingroom in Tsuyu, a Tsuchi house; there was a bedroom behind the fireplace and a kitchen behind the camera (and I wish I had a picture of it... so long ago though).  It's kind of cheating, I know; it's not really decorating the house itself; but it's living in the older SL homes and really enjoying being there while I was there.

Tsuyu Inside.png

That is such an excellent work!!! I'm really impressed!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.